Isaac
Years ago

76ers considering trading third pick

"I think that should we move or if there's a transaction that comes out that gives us a chance to perhaps increase what impact No. 3 can have in terms of its return, I think we will look at it," Colangelo said, per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. "There's some discussions that have been fairly interesting."

Colangelo specifically mentioned the team's need for wings and guards, many of which should be available at No. 3.
Full story

Wonder what calibre of trade bait they're being offered to take the deal? Isn't Fox meant to be quite decent and it's a solid draft class? That couldn't hurt the offers at all if they wanted to increase the speed of their comeback?

If they lured a Lowry, traded for someone solid and then had the young core with that, they could be interesting and quickly too.

Topic #41368 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should take fox.

Reply #637430 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

It's a tough one. They really need wings that can work off the ball & hit jump shots, to complement Simmons. Doesn't sound like the guys 2-8 are lock down shooters, and there are concerns they'll never be great shooter or be the guys that can hit clutch shots. Philly should consider trading for a three & D guy that can create his own shot.

As much as Fox sounds great... he needs the ball in his hands (taking away Simmons' touches), and there are question marks about the mechanics of his shot.

Reply #637433 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yup this year's draft real solid and I assume all this chatter about trading the 3rd pick involves the Kings having the 5th and 10th pick. With the slim possibility of Lonzo Ball being available for the 3rd or Fox, the Kings would be real keen on either.

With Simmons, Embiid and Saric already, I don't think the Sixers are too fussed with absolutely having to pick at 3rd unless Ball is available. 5th pick can still net you Jackson, Tatum, Isaac or Monk with another solid pick at 10th.

Reply #637434 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should they trade down, and see what they can pinch from the Kings or someone else?

Reply #637435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All they need is fox and some decent shooting guards who can play d.

Reply #637436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll trade it to the Kings for 5 and 10. They'll use the 5th on the most injury prone player in the draft and have them sit them out for a year or so, and use the 10th on an international they can stash overseas. #TrustTheProcess

Reply #637437 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

If Fultz or Ball is gone when its Philly's time to pick, I'd trade down for 5th and 10th simply for the reason that outside of those two, the rest don't look guaranteed to have that "star" quality.

They look to be solid players that will have long careers in the NBA, but its a bit of a gamble to find out which will develop into an All-Star calibre player. I'd prefer double the chances to get one star player and if Sixers got real lucky, you may get two! If not then two solid players to fill up your roster of the future isn't bad either.

Reply #637438 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

They'll trade it to the Kings for 5 and 10. They'll use the 5th on the most injury prone player in the draft and have them sit them out for a year or so, and use the 10th on an international they can stash overseas. #TrustTheProcess

LOL the skepticism anon. Hey Dario Saric turned out great for them. He's international and only missed 1 game :).

Reply #637439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"LOL the skepticism anon. Hey Dario Saric turned out great for them. He's international and only missed 1 game :)"

haha :p in all seriousness though, I am a fan of what they've managed to do over the last few years stockpiling young talent and assets. I just feel they should start nearing the end of the 'proccess' now because much longer and it will be nearing too long. I'm hoping they make the 'right' moves this year to put them at the end of the rebuild process and start the process of winning games and rise in the rankings.

Reply #637448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754