Aussie
Years ago

Foxtel's new landmark deal for Boomers & Opals

Awesome to hear. Can't wait.

Story here: https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/media-centre/fox-sports-and-fiba-enter-into-landmark-broadcast-deal/news-story/32928d196974c1b6aefbb760034b9b08

Topic #41615 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news

Reply #642621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See this is why Asia is important - now we get regular games so there is finally a package to be sold.

Reply #642622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad Australian broadcasters continue to be allergic to the best FIBA continental competition out there - Eurobasket. It's probably the best sporting property out there not covered in Australia now, after the launch of beIN two years ago.

Reply #642623 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anyone know if NBL TV will show the Asia Cup too?

Reply #642624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than 30% of the Australian population has fox, at $55 per month I can't afford it, would've been much happier if it was on free to air, I supose the 30 million that fox just got from the government at least gets basketball on tv, but the majority won't see it.

Reply #642630 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I bet you spend more than $55 a month on grog,your choice mate!

Reply #642631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly.
Like the people at Centrelink saying they can't afford food whilst holding a pack of ciggies.

Reply #642632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beat me to it guys. Also ppl on ripoff monthly contracts which they accept but Fox is too much. Baffling.

Reply #642633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ripoff monthly MOBILE contracts, that is.

Reply #642634 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah I can't help but think that not affording Foxtel is a question of priorities for most people. I mean, do you want your weekly bender, or your second daily coffee, or your eat out lunches, or do you want to follow international basketball as closely as you can? Sure, some peeople simply can't afford it, but if you really want it, most people could get it. $55 a month is something like $12 a week, little more than the price of a beer at most pubs.

As for showing it on Free To Air, that will always be a pipedream. International basketball will never have priority over reruns of the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Bold and the Beautiful, Family Guy, the AFL, crappy midday movies, or any of it. It sucks but it is just a fact. Making a FTA network commit to 5+ games, all shown LIVE, every second night for the course of a week or fortnight is a very tough ask. We should probably be grateful if they do it during the Olympics for us.

Reply #642635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never had a drink in my life, never took a government dollar either.

Reply #642636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For FIBA Asia cup, i beleive livebasketball.tv website is also covering the games and is only $10 a month, so if you dont want/have foxtel here is another alternative to watching

Reply #642637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you smoke...

Reply #642638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If foxtel what's such a great product, you would think mor,e than 30% of the population would have it, as much as I love my basketball Foxtel not for me, I'll s stick with Nbl tv and live games.

Reply #642639 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'm only paying 44 a month for sport and pop.

Basically Foxtel is still only worth it for people who want to watch a lot of sport so suggesting that since only 30% have it makes it not a good deal isn't really true. Its just a niche product now.

Reply #642643 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

"Never had a drink in my life, never took a government dollar either.'

well I've never been immunized, was home schooled,always drove a private car, only walk on footpaths that I paid to be built, never used a public library,or used traffic signals to cross the road ( without taping a coin to the pole) , never used public drinking fountains, never go to local or national parks, we always use our own private beach when we swim, never watch the ABC, never use ambulances and I refuse to allow my rainwater to use public drains.

Reply #642644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME that paragraph of yours about TV should be copy and pasted into every future thread where people will whine about why isn't NBL all on FTA/Foxtel too expensive etc.

Reply #642653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW did anyone else go to Seinfeld over the weekend? I did. :)

Reply #642654 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Has anyone heard of a 'Kodi Box'. its $70 and I get just about every channel in the world free with no monthly cost. Yes I get NBA TV and Eurosport.

Reply #642667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, but it is illegal. Up to you. Apparently more crackdowns on illegal streams lately as well so the channels you get may stop at any time.

Reply #642696 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754