Cram
Years ago

Bogut signs with Lakers

Veteran minimum. Seems like an odd landing spot. Really thought he'd end up at a contender, or at least a decent pretender.

Topic #41798 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers will be contenders in 2018-19. Good spot.

Reply #647121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume he played under Walton as assistant?

Maybe he just wants a nice lifestyle spot too?

Reply #647123 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah fair call re lifestyle and coach. Hadn't really factored those in. More was thinking of timeframe and fit. Fair enough. Hope he can stay fit.

Reply #647125 | Report this post

Spot Up  
Years ago

If he's there a second year things might get interesting!

Reply #647130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot Up gets it.

As I said it's all about 2018-19.

All the pieces are falling into place:

President - Magic
GM - Pelinka
Coach - Walton

The PG - Ball

The Centre (if fit) - Bogut

LeBron & Westbrook coming next season. Once they arrive more will follow.

Reply #647132 | Report this post

Hahahaha

Reply #647135 | Report this post

Henry Snow  
Years ago

Bogut won't be 'the centre'. He'll be back up to Lopez

Reply #647136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adding Bogut also makes it easier to trade a player like Lopez who I believe is on an expiring contract and a good player.

Reply #647137 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Bogut won't be the starting centre with Brooke Lopez in town! It's got to be a lifestyle choice. Hopefully he plays minimal minutes and preserves his body for the 2020 Olympics.

I'd be pretty nervous if I were OKC right now though. I could see PG and Lebron teaming up in LA after this season and its not hard to imagine PG influencing Westbrook into joining him! If that happens, OKC will be spitting chips!

Reply #647138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really want to see a Lavar Ball / Bogut reality TV show now.

Reply #647139 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I would have thought Celtics would have been the best choice.

Bogut is on borrowed time, next year is no guarantee, if he wants a little money and a chance to win, now is the time with Celtics.

It would have been a good fit too as the C's need Defence and Rebounding, something they managed to flush down the toilet (Bradley and Crowder) when they had precious little to start with.

Reply #647141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah ok Bogut is too old now to be starting in future but the fact remains Lakers loading up and in 18/19 ready to fire.

Reply #647142 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

On the flipside, OKC could be good this year and PG and Russ both decide to stay. LeBron enjoys playing with IT and suddenly LA is stuck with Lonzo Ball and his extensive baggage...

Reply #647153 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Bogut just taking a chance at a place where Lopez more than likely gets flipped for more a Draft pick if he plays well (its a contract year so he'll be balling!) as all the value for the Lakers is making Lopez a really valuable trade piece even if only for a late first rounder.

Also gives Bogut a chance to ease his body back into the season whilst hopefully staying injury free then picking his best destination with a contender in 2018/19 if he has stayed healthy as teams know what he brings

Reply #647158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$252,000

Reply #647172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

$242,000

Reply #647173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lifestyle? L.A is a fucking hole

Reply #647174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to read Bogut's first subtweet about the Ball family.

Reply #647177 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

What would be Bogut's lifestyle advantage of living in LA? More freeways to drive his fleet of cars? Or just a shorter flight back to Melbourne? I'd be surprised that Bogut could put up with the superficiality of LA people.

Reply #647178 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well I didn't say I liked the LA lifestyle ;-)
But he's not there because he wants to win, so I figure he likes the weather, or beaches, or being closer to Australia or something. Maybe he just wants to play for Magic?

Snooch, as a Celtics fan I truly hope that is what happens!

Reply #647181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LA is a dive unless you're rich... which NBA players like Bogut are. So he'll be chilling in a nice oceanside suburb away from ghetto downtown.

Reply #647184 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good weather and attractions. A lot of the sprawl is hideous but there are nice pockets, and it'd be easier with money. I wouldn't say the residents are any more superficial than similar scenes in most other big cities, including Australia. He's been in the NBA and US for a while so he'd be used to the worst of it.

Reply #647189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I live in Perth and found that LA people are superficial like Perth people are. Soemthing about the west coast? Other areas of US were fine, but other ares have their own uniquness like the abrasiveness of New Yorkers.

But there is definitely something special about LA people, even LA people joke about it.

Reply #647202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canny veteran, solid rebounder, talented passer, good rim protector and great defender of the right wing.

Reply #647207 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Bogut must be loaded. Signed for chump change....

Reply #647224 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Has earnt over $100 million in his career would think he would have money put away.

Reply #647246 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Reply #647207

lolololololololololololol :-)

Reply #647251 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If stays healthy at least he can plug some holes while the young fellas are still adjusting to nba life.

Reply #647697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754