Keller
Years ago

Hakim Warrick 36ers

No doubt about it Roberts was likely release because of this... Apparently Joey had been in contact with Warrick since Singapore after he realised Roberts wasn't working out for him.

Hopefully the Hakim signing is true.

Topic #41884 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the rumour coming from?

Reply #648933 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Moore is the pathway

Reply #648934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their relationship in Melbourne?

Reply #648940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mckay?

Reply #648943 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would prefer McKay didn't really like the look of Warrick at Melb. We need a blue collar type guy who doesn't need a lot of touches and will still be willing to crash the boards.

Reply #648945 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

McKay would be better

Reply #648947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on a Melbourne utd training video hakim warrick is in the back ground

Reply #648950 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Warrick is whom they are talking to.

Also they haven;t been very happy with Shorter but want to sort the Big import spot first and give shorter more time.

Reply #648952 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Their relationship in Melbourne?

They were never teammates at Melb, Moore played for them last season and Warrick was two years ago.

Reply #648958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

warrick and moore know eachother... both from philly

Reply #648962 | Report this post

MattyG  
Years ago

Hakim is 35 years old now....
he'd want to come cheap

Reply #648983 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Warrick doesn't have many other options

Reply #648988 | Report this post

MattyG  
Years ago

next thing you know KB will be putting on a singlet

Reply #648994 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I don't think Warrick is the right type of player for the 36ers. Adelaide needs someone with more energy and rebounding.

He wouldn't work well with Hodgson- since they both do their best work finishing at the hoop, there wouldn't be enough spacing.

Whereas alongside DJ, they'd be lacking in rebounding, rim protection and muscle.

Warrick would do well alongside a guy like Matt Knight- who can space the floor and reliably hit the 15 foot jumpers, but is a strong physical presence on the inside. Or say a younger Mika Vukona- who doesn't do a lot offensively but used to rebound and hustle like a mad man.

Reply #648999 | Report this post

Tickle me Cosby  
Years ago

Warrick was very good with United a few years ago. At United he still had plenty of ups, and he was great in the pick and roll. Ware is a very good help defender and a very capable post scorer which will be a huge plus. I'd be very happy with Warrick, the guy didn't have 10 + year NBA career because he can't play.

There have been many players over age 35 who have had great seasons and still been great players, Warrick will be fine. He looked in great shape with United and was throwing down some big dunks still.

Reply #649006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe I can't remember how Warrick played, but I would've thought that he and Vukona had too many similarities in their game (hustle, poor FT, etc) to be a great example of coexisting as complementary teammates?

Reply #649007 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Warrick played 8 seasons in the NBA not 10+ and I dare say that was in large part due to his athleticism when he was younger (NBA dunk comp).

If we sign him so be it but I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him at Melb two seasons ago, a lot of his athleticism had dried up and understandably will be further diminished now. He averaged 14 and 6 back then and his effort levels on the boards correlated with how many touches he got on offence so think we could get better out of a guy much younger.

Reply #649013 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

You could do worse than Hakim Warrick, I liked his energy and hustle @ United and I think for the right price he would be a great addition.

Reply #649023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, to me Warrick was a finisher of other people's work - be it catch and dunk or a mid-range jumper -who wasn't particularly good at the defensive end.

Wouldn't be a terrible fit as their back-up 4/5 to feed off Sobey, Shorter and Creek, but I think a Nnanna Egwu type would be a better fit because he's good at the other end.

Reply #649025 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

The plus side for Warrick at the 36ers would include his experience, and the fact that he wouldn't be looking for a whole lot of ball. My memory has him as a player who is happy to take what comes to him in the post in the way of catches around the basket, and put back rebounds, not being a focal point of the offence. He isn't a guy with much range, IIRC, which shouldn't be an issue on a team with the likes of DJ, Deng and Creek all able to play at 4.

If they are looking for a backup 4, it's a different question, and it may well be worth asking if the aforementioned experience might be interpreted as age, and that he might not gel as well with the younger core of the team (or they with him).

Personally, I doubt it will be Warrick, or any other NBL re-tread. If Adelaide is embarrassed by the whole debacle of the "he's injured"/"no, I'm not" affair, it might be a little while before they name a replacement, assuming they've got one in store.

Reply #649034 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Its helpful for the 36ers that 2 of their next 4 are vs Sydney- a team that plays a bit of small ball and whose bigs aren't highly rated.

Reply #649047 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Speaking of available big men, anyone know what's happened to Khazzouh?

I'm not suggesting he's a fit for Adelaide, just curious as to why he hasn't popped up on someone's radar? Last I heard was Gaze saying he may go to Lebanon.

Reply #649077 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Surely not. Ebi Ere all over again. Not fitness but in past your prime type import.

Reply #649091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter will stay, they don't have the $$$ to move him. Sobey just needs more shots instead of Shorter's bad step backs

Reply #649092 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Go for Childress once he's sacked by Nuggets

Reply #649095 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I thought we'd have more $ this season. obviously need to be smart but surely we can afford decent imports. We won't be making playoffs without a decent backup big. Would rather Jacobsen back than a 35 yr old Warrick

Reply #649098 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Jacobsen's already signed in Japan.

Reply #649104 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Good to hear I reckon he has great potential.

Reply #649105 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Khazzouh's surgery wasn't as successful as hoped. He's decided to skip basketball this year and focus on the rehab. At 31, he's nearing the twilight of his career but if he could get it right, he may still have a few years left in the tank.

Reply #649108 | Report this post

Tickle me Cosby  
Years ago

Let's be honest we all know Roberts will be replaced with a cheap ass SEABL import. Is Dequaun Montreal or CJ Massingale still around? May as well go with a known commodity.

Reply #649111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754