Years ago

Woolloacott Farce...I mean...Night

Apart from the fact that the:

- food was crap
- was late in being served
- that I left with hypothermia
- that I couldnt even see who I was sitting next to, let alone who was on stage
- that I couldnt hear anything at all

apart from all that, I thought it was a resounding success.

PS - was good to see winners of awards get flashed up on screen b4 they were actually announced.

Topic #420 | Report this topic

US414  
Years ago

I was waiting for it. It was good that they put the heaters located above the stands on. Someone needs to do a bit of physics and realise heat RISES!!!

Totally agree with everything you have written. How bad was the guy doing the screen??? Do yourselves a favour and get big game James Smith to do it next time. I couldn't believe he did it more than once. The sound system was really bad, could not hear a word from anyone at all, especially when Potsie was doing his interviews.
It was a great idea to have it on the floor, but it could have been much much better.
How about getting a combination of Adam Peck, Scott Whitmore, Ben Osbourne, Paul Bell, and Scott Ninnis to organise it next year??? That would have to be 10 times better than Saturday night.

Congrats to all the winners, it was good to catch up with so many players in the one place.

Reply #3109 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

I disagree and I think most of the Tigers boys will also.

Much better out on the floor.

-food was the same as the last 2 years not great but adequate
-who gives a how late it was served, the drinks service was excellent and waiting staff friendly (thanks Bec ;-))
-i was warm enuff and judging by some of the short skirts so were the girls
-the intimate lighting gave a much better atmosphere and feel to the evening
- turn up your f'n hearing aid :)

Great night, deserving winners and a lot of fun and shenanigans had by the Tiger boys - well done BASA

PS respect to big lefty

TommyJR

Reply #3110 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

I thought that the food was decent, much better than last year. And i totally agree that it was freezing on the court, altho having it one the court was much better because we werent all squashed up in a tiny room as we were last year.

I do happen to agree that having the winners on the screen b4 being announced was a little dodgy, and i do think that the microphones were done a little loud.

Anyway, congrats to all winners, and i would have liked to see erin phiilips get the halls medal as she fully deserved it!

Reply #3116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did Cherrie Smith poll in the Halls?

Reply #3117 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

Does anyone know who were the top vote-getters for each team??

Reply #3121 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

I would also like to agree with some of the above posts. Yes the mics were too loud and it made it difficult to hear, that is in some ways though the fault of the stadium (echo), but in reality, its bad planning and organisation. It should have been rectified after the first 5 minutes.

As for the temperature, i felt it was fine. If you were cold, i sympathise (we waited for a cab for about 45 minutes outside) but as far as i was aware, most people knew that this year it was going to be on the court and not in the bahamas!

there are many other points above that are valid, but so far no one has mentioned the MAJOR BEEF that i have about the night...

THAT WAS THE MOST LACK LUSTRE, BORING, DOWN RIGHT DISRESPECTFULL PRESENTATION OF THE COUNT I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED. Strong words i know, but honestly, Ian Thornton was sharp as a bowling ball. The womens count was one of the closest in recent times, and his MONO-TONE count and lack of recognition of this fact really spoilt the night for me. I think it went something like this... 'South vs X. Deanna Smith, 3 votes. And as you may have already worked out, that makes Deanna smith the winner'.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU COME UP WITH THAT SHIT? SHE WON BY 1 VOTE!!!! I was very dissapointed at the lack of build up and recognition. NEXT YEAR CAN WE GET SOMEONE FROM AUSTRLIAN IDOL TO READ THE VOTES, we might then get something resembling a different TONE!

Congratulations to the winners of ALL the medals and also to those who were very close, commendable seasons.

Phew... sorry for that rant, but it just had to be voiced.

Reply #3123 | Report this post

Woolarock medal  
Years ago

For $65 dollars it was a farse.

Too cold

Guy on the power point needed a bullet

no drama, no anything

Mark Davis has been put in a terrible situation he is not an MC's running sheet.
Why was he given the job????

Everyone was talking during every part of every presentation.

Can't wait for the Grand to get hold of it and sort it out.

BASA need to get it run properly.

Reply #3125 | Report this post

Julius  
Years ago

Please BASA,
This is the flagship event of the State League.
Put this event where it belongs, at a Hilton, Hyatt, Grand etc. I believe that BASA loses money on this night every year anyway. Hello?
Freezing on the court, dodgy acoustics, MCing is not Mark Davis forte (someone like Mark Aiston would probably do it for nothing anyway), the less said about the food the better and theirs always Ian Thornton for some comic value. And nice touch to put Ninnis on the mike AFTER the nights been concluded without a list of the all-star teams. Guess the club hasn't given him enough kicks up the arse lately, thought they may as well finish him off!
Highlight of the night was the Wakefield Hotel that 100 odd revellers kicked onto afterwards th thaw out.

Reply #3133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm a Channel 9 News kinda guy, but Graeme Goodings did a decent job with presenting the Sixers MVP night. There are some people who can present and some who can't. MD can't. I think Paul Bauer can handle part of a night pretty well. Mark Robinson definitely could.

Reply #3144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont know how they could mess it up seeing as there are now more members of the marketing department then there are in the actual 36ers team

Reply #3149 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Psst Isaac...I dont think we will see Robbo back. He saw the writing on the wall, and fired off the ejection seat landing in Melbourne before the jet plane of 36ers administration crashed and burned in some isolated desert :)

Reply #3182 | Report this post

James Smith  
Years ago

Hey US414 - thanks for the compliment in an earlier post!

Reply #3672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754