Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers Depth Chart: Now and beyond

Who you got for now and in 2019/2020 when we go to the World Cup/Olympics?

Now
PG - B.Simmons, C.Goulding, D.Martin
SG - P.Mills, M.Dellavedova, D.Exum
SF - J.Ingles, B.Newley, R.Broekhoff
PF - A.Bogut, T.Maker, J.Bolden
C - A.Baynes, D.Anderson, I.Humphries

I think in 2019/2020 we'll see Anderson retired and perhaps someone like Mangok Matthiang step up to take his place as a big in the rotation. I expect Bogut to continue playing. Outside of that, I'm not sure we'll see too much change in the next two/three years. What do you guys think?

Topic #42225 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like we'll have quite a few guys in their 30s by the time Tokyo rolls around (Mills, Ingles, Bogut, Baynes, Newley etc.). I know we'll most likely stick with these guys because we have a serious shot at a medal in 2020 but I wonder if some of the younger guys like Keanu Pinder or William McDowell-White might be able to sneak in a rotation spot?

Reply #658333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if D.Anderson [sic] is #2 on our depth chart at the 5 spot then we're in bad shape

Reply #658334 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Come on no way will Andersen & Martin be considerations in 2-3 years time. It's unlikely Bogut could still make the team then either.

Reply #658335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Zodiac, to be fair to the OP, he stated Andersen would be retired by 2019/2020 and that the depth chart he posted was for right now in 2017.

Reply #658336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if any imports could be naturalised in the next couple of years and make the team. Torrey Craig said he was wanting to become an Australian before his NBA contract (he can't now due to time spent out of the country)

Reply #658337 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Bogut isn't a power forward and Goulding isn't a point guard.
Emmett Naar is a chance at point guard spot down the track and Lansdale or Lual-Acil could push into depth chart by 2019/20.
Deng Adel should also be included

Reply #658343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2019/2020

Simmons/Dellavedova
Mills/Exum
Ingles/Broekhoff
Bolden/Maker
Baynes/Bogut

2 from
Vasljevic
Mccarron
Goulding
Sobey
Gliddon
Creek
Adel
Newley
Moneke
Cooks
Bairstow
Motum
Mathiang
Landale
Humphries

Reply #658345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We seem a bit shallow in the SF position in terms of NBA talent. Hopefully Deng Adel can change that over the next year or two.

Reply #658364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, sf position is fine. It's the sg spot.

Reply #658366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pg simmons/Exum/delly
sg Adel/mills
sf Bolden/Moneke/Matur maker
pf maker/baynes
c Landale/Mathiang

Reply #658505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come all the people posting that don't realise putting up numbers in college is a whole lot different than the pro’s! Half the guys mentioned would t even be great NBL players right now.

Please stop putting Exum in at the SG!!! He’s a PG and depending on how he recovers from the injury, he might end up in Europe for a while.

Reply #658507 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Josh Green is our future SG

Reply #658509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 3 sg prospects are green, Stattman and Vasljevic.

Vasljevic only 6'2 and not the quickest.
Stattman 6'7 but only a spot shooter. Needs to change his body.
Green at 6'5 looks to be the most promising. Athletic, a good shooter and can play defense.

Reply #658511 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Vasljevic is a great shooter. Its will be interesting to see him develop other areas over the 4 years at Miami. So far his looking great!

Reply #658513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 men squad

Simmons
Exum
Bolden
Thon maker
Acuil

Delly
mills
Adel
baynes
Landale
Matur maker
Ingles

Reply #658515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matur and acuil. Not sure just yet...

Reply #658518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG Delly Naar Exum
SG Mills Krebs
SF Ingles Broekhoff Adel
PF Simmons Bolden
C Baynes Maker Landale

Simmons to line up as 4 man on d but run offense, 13 men named I know but a bit of versatility with most guys able to play at least 2 positions. Krebs was last one in for mine as a player with the chance to show out starting at St Mary's for the next 3 years.

Reply #658534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shooting guard 2024 Olympics will be good to watch with Josh Green and Dejan V.

Mills, Dellavedova,Broekhoff, Ingles and Baynes are the oldies at 30 + ( in 2020)

Simmons, Exum, Bolden and Maker will all be 23 to 25.
There is 9 the last 3 could be
Adel
Landale
DV.
With Naar, Humphries and Mathiang a chance too.

Good mix of younger and older guys.

Reply #658541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KREBS??? Really, in 2 years, better than both Sobey and Goulding? Hahahah

Reply #658543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can 6'8 cooks or 6'6 Moneke succesfully move form pf to sf?

The latest draft boards have
Sf Adel at 40 (second round pick)
C Acuil at 59 (second round pick)
Matur a real possibility also.

Reply #658545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting 5
PG -Simmons 6'11
SG -Mills 6'0
SF -Ingles 6'8
PF -Bolden 6'11
C -Baynes 6'10

PG -Exum 6'6
SG -(Lisch, Goulding, Sobey, Mccarron, Gliddon, Vasljevic)
SF -Broekhoff 6'7
PF -Maker 7'1
C -Bogut 7'0

PG -Dellavedova 6'4
SF -Adel 6'7

Reply #658546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we are going beyond then 2024 looks very promising

Simmons(28)
.Green (24)
Adel (28)
Bolden (28)
T. Maker (27)

Wigness(22)
Exum (29)
Vasilijevic (27)
Cooks (29)
Matur Maker (26)
H.Froling (26)
Humphries (26)

Reply #658600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, projecting 7 years out is a bit ambitious. Simmons, Bolden and Maker the only safe bets on that list for mine. I'm sure some of the others will work out, but I think there'll be more misses than hits.

I agree with #546's 2020 list except I'd rate Delly ahead of Exum until he gets back, shows something, and stays healthy.

#511, I don't see DJ as a top-10 guy in the Boomers rotation because of his defensive limitations. But he's the sort of player you'd be happy to have on the bench because there will be times that his shot-making ability will outweigh everything else. Green is smart. I saw him a few times before he went to the States, and he played the point comfortably. I actually think highlight reels probably undersell what he could be capable of. And Stattman going to Virginia is great news for Australian basketball, I think, because he'd have to be an idiot to sign there if he didn't intend to be very good at defence.

Reply #658653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch a college game and you might actually see Krebs and Naar have serious game

Reply #658667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one here watches college ball. Barely anyone knew who Perry Ellis was when the Kings signed him... LOL!

Reply #658668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah good example. A lot of the imports who get signed have amazing resumes but because everyone on this forum seems to see the NBA as the be all and end all they don't register a blip.

Reply #658670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And when I brought this up I was told who watches college ball... *facepalm* It's actually pure basketball unlike the stats collecting NBA now which funnily enough there is a thread right now about how people don't like the way it's evolving with its play. Yet nope, not watching college ball.

Reply #658671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget Makur maker, who might be better than Thon in a few years time.

Reply #658676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 2024 squad will be better than the 2020 squad. my 2024 squad

Simmons
Exum
Adel
Bolden
Thon Maker

wigness
green
Matur Maker
Acuil
Landale
Makur Maker
Moneke

Reply #658677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we going to see green and makur suite up for Aus at u19s?
Both born 00.

Reply #658678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons
Green
Cooks
Bolden
T.Maker

Exum
Stattmann
Adel
M.Maker
Landale

Wigness
Humphries

Reply #658679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By everyone putting simmons at pg you cripple the teams for spacing as none of the others you name in the starting lineup are elite shooters. The 76ers are excelling now by starting simmons at pf defensively and letting him handle the ball while having him surrounded by shooters (Bayliss, Redick, Covington and Embiid).

Reply #658683 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Anon...Maybe you don't watch college ball but I'm sure others do. Ellis was pretty good for Kansas in college so a great pick up for the Nbl.

Reply #658684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watch most NCAA games where Aussies play major minutes.

Men
St Mary's, Miami, Winthrop etc

Girls
Baylor, Stanford, Syracuse, St Mary's, Utah state etc

Reply #658686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG Simmons/Dellavedova
SG Mills/Exum
SF Ingles/Broekhoff
PF Bolden/Maker
C Baynes/Bogut

Goulding
Newley
Bairstow
Motum
Mathiang

Reply #658691 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Looking ahead it looks like we may have a weakness at center. I mean when Baynes, Bogut and Anderson go, who do we really have that is top flight Euro or NBA level at that position?

Reply #658693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maker, Mathiang, Landale, Humphries, Acuil jr, Reath, Gak, Epperson, Froling.

Plenty in the Pipeline.

Reply #658694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anon...Maybe you don't watch college ball but I'm sure others do. Ellis was pretty good for Kansas in college so a great pick up for the Nbl. "

Huh? You misunderstand. I was making the comment barely anyone on here knew of Ellis because most don't follow college (unless for AU players), and the other anon agreed with me. You're saying the same thing we were. I find it odd too.

Reply #658708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Maker, Mathiang, Landale, Humphries, Acuil jr, Reath, Gak, Epperson, Froling.

Plenty in the Pipeline."

It's exciting to see the amount of talent we have coming through. It may be wishful thinking in the eyes of some but is it unreasonable to suggest a Paris 2024 team with a 28 year old Ben Simmons, a 28 year old Jonah Bolden, a 27 year old Thon Maker and a 23 year old Josh Green could challenge for a gold medal? No doubt we'll have other talented NBA players coming through between now and then as well.

Reply #658851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is the wildcard for me, he was looking great before his injury. Put a lot of work in the offseason and was looking for a big year. I still hold hope.

Reply #658854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754