AshT
Years ago

WNBL Round 8 Betting

Canberra-Bendigo Over 152.0 @ 1.90

Two teams who like to play fast. Caps should be looking to pick that up after being quite stifled prior to the Boomers game (despite only the awful shooting Syd game was <151 of past eight). Spirit's four games since lost Griffin were 180S,153T,142P,150D including a couple of totals stifled in blowout junk time. Current 150.5 looks an extra good deal.

Bendigo 2.74 & +4.5 @ 1.95

I feel Spirit are not at all outclassed on present form. Grade drop is a new dynamic but Caps do have a few players obviously down on form & confidence, so I'm prepared to try the price.

Adelaide +2.5 @ 1.89

Adelaide stack up a bit better to me, with Rangers not going so well and a couple down on conf & form, despite trying hard when outgunned by Perth. Obviously I've taken an early price.

Topic #42255 | Report this topic

Pickem  
Years ago

Priced this early game as a pk so should've bet bendigo but really just didn't want any skin in this .. and watching it live certainly doesn't conjure up any regrets .. one of the most subdued sporting contests I've ever witnessed.. this paul gorris is like a corpse with a clipboard

Reply #659308 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Cheques in the mail, Pickem. I know the feeling well.

Reply #659313 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Nothing in this one either, line within a point of where I pegged it

Reply #659315 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Townsville 2.10 & +2.5 @ 1.87

Have totally turned the corner since Lynx owned them in Perth and hopefully the scare from Lizless Boomers Thursday should serve them well. I expect Kunek will play (looked minor, as was putting weight on it as made way to sheds lightly assisted by trainer) and Edmondson is an expected addition to the bench but I feel Lynx will be fully tested today. I pegged it Fire by a few points.

Reply #659328 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Fire ML for me too.. I priced them slight favourites on a neutral court & given their current mood. Getting obliterated in Perth a couple of weeks ago helps too.

Reply #659329 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Perth-Townsville Under 155.5 @ 1.92

Townsville (2-9) seem to have picked up the rating since form turnaround, while Perth (5-6) are lower lately - under 5 of last 6. Fire kept it to a 62pt SH in Perth (155). After a slack FH, got it back to 10 at one point. I think there will be scrap factor applied today and hopefully no OT.

Reply #659333 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Melbourne-Sydney Under 150.5 @ 1.90

*Pressed for time to give reasons.

Reply #659334 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Garbage from Townsville

Reply #659341 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Yeah, looks like rather than respond to a scare it seems they were simply on a crap weekend, trying to beat an impressive opp.

Lol, you'd think I would have learnt by now what comes after a 3-0 Saturday! Shout out Snelly though, I still get to eat this week.

Reply #659364 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

^ did you play Sydney in the second game?

Couldn't resist once I saw that Snell was playing.. I assumed the reason Sydney eased from +3 to +6 (at $2.03) was because she was out again.. Diva Liz getting tossed out made it even sweeter

Reply #659375 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Yeah, that's what I thought too, as if punters out there all of a sudden have any news on Sydney. Even at the stadium today I was looking over at the team milling around during the early game and saw everyone but Snell. The fact Boomers owned them in Sydney perhaps helped the price blow, but as you know, Flames were caught napping that day.

Reply #659379 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Yeah getting confirmation on team news in the wnbl = hitting refresh repeatedly on the live score page in the final five mins before the start !

Reply #659385 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Flames are the hardest to get any team news on but I'm guessing livestats didn't have the teams up until very late? The national anthem was starting as I finished getting on but was surprised to find Flames price had actually drifted slightly in the final 15mins.

Reply #659386 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Yeah once I saw Snell was there and the rest were all present and correct I was happy to play it, then their price at the +6 moved from 1.88 to 2.03 .. strange

Reply #659400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754