Isaac
Last year

Bogut wants to coach when retired, possibly NBL

"I'll definitely coach at some point, but I don’t think it will be in the NBA," the Los Angeles Lakers veteran told the NBA’s Australian website Sportingnews.

“The NBL could be a possibility, national team — the local junior competition.

“I’ll be in a position where I don’t have to do anything for money, so I can kind of do what I enjoy doing most.

“As a competitive athlete, professional athlete you always have that drive and then coaching is the next best thing once you’re done playing.
Full story

Maybe the Kings could take another punt... ;)

Report this topic

Dome Rat
Last year
14:13 29 Nov 17

Reply #659605

re: Bogut wants to coach when retired, possibly NBL

was hoping he would say Bulleen in the article

Report this post

WookieE
Last year
14:36 29 Nov 17

Reply #659607

haha... well, he could player coach as I'm sure we still have a lot of marketing material with him in a Kings singlet that we could re-use from that whole Lockout attempt!

Report this post

AngusH
Last year
14:57 29 Nov 17

Reply #659610

Hiring Bogut as a player/coach is exactly the type of move we would make on our way to our next 2-10 start.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
16:30 29 Nov 17

Reply #659613

He has his playbook ready.

Offensive set play names
Snowflake
Safe Space
DJ Lizzie Liz
Rita

Report this post

WookieE
Last year
20:22 29 Nov 17

Reply #659628

Hiring Bogut as a player/coach is exactly the type of move we would make on our way to our next 2-10 start.

So maybe when/if we go 2-10 with the highest profile non-experienced head coach the league has seen in a long time, we sack him and go with another inexperienced Aussie Legend as player/coach? That worked out for the Dragons, eventually... lol

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
20:32 29 Nov 17

Reply #659631

Would love him to go full 'Jackie Moon'and be an owner/player/coach/promoter/entertainer for a team

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
20:51 29 Nov 17

Reply #659635

He's more likely to go Jackie lambie...

Report this post

Bear
Last year
10:01 30 Nov 17

Reply #659696

Maybe not straight into the head-coaching role but an assistant at a high level first and see what he brings to the table.

His knowledge and experience is second to none, but a coach needs so many other qualities, so I expect he should be tested and I will not judge him until he can at least have the chance to prove himself.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Green 80

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Wed 21 Feb 2018 | Posts: 699,022 | Last 7 days: 1,142