AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 9/WNBL Round 10

Tonight,

Brisbane Bullets 3.58 & +7 @ 1.90

Are enjoying recent form lift and I fancy are more likely to carry momentun than have a letdown. Were too good (albeit too stupid) in Adelaide before won more comfortably than the five point margin Sunday IMO. Breakers in a funk at present and often teams can be tardy breaking out of those things. Price is too big to leave IMO.

Am having trouble spotting a WNBL play tonight. Couple of moneyline dogs on the borderline, so could find action later should the multi favorites punters pile on.

Topic #42317 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Been going back and forth on NZ and Brisbane all day. On form I definitely agree with you, but if NZ win I feel like they will cover on the back of a strong home crowd and fourth quarter push. No play as yet

Reply #660546 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Bendigo Spirit - Melbourne Boomers OVER 151.5 @ 1.90

Boomers games have broken open since the full squad has been back plus Cambage finding peak form. I suspect the #2 ranked Spirit won't want this to be a wrestling match. H2H, 137 when met here a month ago but the personnel was very different that night and same story for 153 at Geelong. 152.5 with most books today was just enough to keep me cautious but no problem taking this number.

Reply #660549 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Hopefully OT get's me this over in Bendigo. Currently 62-28 late Q3.

Reply #660568 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Tonight,

Adelaide 36ers @ 3.86

Reply #660682 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

AshT, before I send my carrier pigeons to Sydney, do you have any news on Asia Taylor today? Line would suggest she's not playing

Reply #660764 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I decided to fly to Sydney and pound the pavement to save on data downloads but the best I've got is the media from earlier in the week, that suggested she's in some doubt for the weekend with the eye problem.

Reply #660773 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Article in The West this morning indicated that Taylor & Burton would be missing for their respective teams today.
Given how good she is, it seems nuts to suggest that it's kind of a wash, but when you consider each team's respective ability to cover their loss, it seems like one to me.
I'm struggling to predict what's going to happen in this one. Tipping against Perth in the hope I can reverse-jinx them to yet another win.

Reply #660776 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Taylor isn't included in the livestats lineups - I'd take that as she's not playing & is replaced in starting lineup by Moffatt. No Burton for the Lynx, they only have Farnworth, Thompson & Ciabattoni for their bench.

Reply #660779 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Bendigo - Townsville Over 149.5 @ 1.93

Spirit 8-6 at #3. The renowned hot & cold team should spring to life off a non effort Thursday - shot just 21% to 3QT. They are 5-3 w/o Griffin but played fair share of low teams plus strangle tactic on Perth. Fire 7-8 at #6, should be up & about off a loss too. Their Totals have been higher since reviving their season five weeks ago, disguised by the fact they've played mostly low teams. H2H 153 in Townsville, in free scoring blow-out result, that ended in low scoring junk-time LQ.

Canberra Capitals 4.20 & +9 @ 1.99

Rangers taking games on lately but there's every chance the depleted squad used up a big effort in Perth. Caps should be encouraged from going close Thursday and the team, who usually fade out of games, have a major bench advantage tonight. They've lost their last thirteen games but are massive overs tonight IMO.

Reply #660780 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Agree, Luuuc, I rated the game Lynx by the bearest whisker, despite Taylor (& Burton) probable outs.

Reply #660781 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets 2.70 & +5 @ 1.90

Kings obviously the fresher & 7-days should serve the rejigged squad well. An underdone Ellis also returns. Bullets are in good shape at the moment, are a better team IMO and will lookk to tighten up areas exposed by NZ. They're in with a strong chance at odds IMO.

Reply #660802 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sunday;

New Zealand Breakers 2.28 & +3 @ 1.94

Providing the impressive Breakers carry through on Thursday's return to form then they will be very tough to beat. Adelaide, minus Creek today, display signs of cracks in their culture and have won just three of six at home - twice to Kings plus a fake win over Bullets.

Monday;

Melbourne United -4.5 @ 1.87

United in uninspiring form but get their chance at home coming off comfortable conditions in Cairns. Short rest for the wounded Kings perhaps presents a condition test for Tyler and Ellis?

Reply #660967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754