AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 16

Melbourne - Cairns Under 163 @ 1.90

Taipans are reportadly looking to be more up-tempo lately but I doubt there's much more to it than every-day tweaking. A couple big totals lately but with 36ers and Hawks, who are the only two involved in six times over for the season. Half of last seven matches were over, including 163 with Bullets but recent performances also demonstrate nothing drastic - low 150's three of past seven. United's numbers also look good for this and notably have played a lot of high teams. H2H;152,161,149. In to 161.5 overnight which still seems a reasonable deal to me.

Topic #42576 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ were paying $2.70 yesterday for the win in Perth.

Reply #668463 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I haven't thoroughly thought through the Perth game yet but my early marking has them only a very slight favorite. I guess it'll come down to how convinced I am that Perth can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Reply #668477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Ash. Clearly undecided ;)

Reply #668537 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

The under play on this game is looking like $ well spent

Reply #668543 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

Jick you are tempting the gambling gods with that post. Game likely yo go into triple overtime now.

Reply #668547 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

With 6-days between games would/have 36ers flown straight to Brisbane from the Illawarra game or would/have they returned to Adelaide in between, does anyone know?

Reply #668659 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Childress was on IG the last couple days, looked like he was in Adelaide.

Reply #668735 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Thanks, Roy. I would probably guess they'd go back to Adelaide.

Today;

Perth - New Zealand Over 160.5 @ 1.92

Two of the lower ranked teams at #7 & #5; Perth 165ppg, NZ 169ppg. H2H;172 (Perth down double digits late fouling to exploit NZ FT% nearly worked),170,162. Overall a good number for Perth but just 160ppg since form slump from mid December, despite playing a lot of high teams. A response is in the air today and they have an excellent record at covering when in better form. NZ's record simply speaks for itself; 16-5, four unders being with Cairns!

Reply #668935 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Adelaide just shifted from -3.5 (1.91) to -4 (1.87) while at the same time their ML price went from 1.57 to 1.61

Reply #668954 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

And now it's out to +-5 .. right where I pegged it ...that settles that .. will look for better opportunity / price on Adelaide at the half as I can see Brisbane being more than competitive again in the first 20 mins..

not overly excited about betting Adelaide out of the gates today after the week they’ve had in the media

Reply #668955 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Maybe human error?

I was wanting at least 1.65 straight up to play them but perhaps an in-play could be on the cards? Maybe a scenario like Bullets up eight with 7mins left and our Boomers coach shouting instructions to be really really careful and to slow it down.

Reply #668956 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

^ perfect.. although up 8 with 3 mins left would work fine for me for a play against Brisbane

Reply #668960 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Yes, I agree. Any other opp and I possibly would be opposing 36ers today, plus they've had a fair amount of travel lately. I marked it 5.5 but somewhat on the notion that Bullets could just as easily be about to implode to even greater depths.

Reply #668962 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

3mins will certainly be heaps of time for Bullets to screw it up. I'd even expect 36ers to cover a -5 play from there.

Reply #668964 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

^ yeah there's only so many times you can keep getting up, even as the dog, when you keep getting rolled the same way.. and I reckon its especially draining on a team that has a problem holding onto leads and closing out games.. different story if it was slow starts that we’re costing them .. but being unable to handle leads and pressure and finish games off is a real tough thing for team to overcome imo

Reply #668965 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

If you know anyone who was on the u184 in that last game, give them a call to check they're ok .. that was an epic moosing

Reply #669017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Hill had three big bets of $1k, $1k, $1.5k of ADL -9 line. lol wow

Reply #669020 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

^ whoever is allowed to get that much down on an NBL game at that rubbish book must be the biggest mush going around..

Reply #669023 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I was hanging out for under 186, which didn't get but glad I'd been fussey afterall.

36ers letdown factor did seem there but kicked in after HT. Best thing to happen for Bullets was that it stayed close - certainly wouldn't have been me taking -9 the way it was playing out.

Reply #669027 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

That's the other reason why it wasn't me taking -9 ... they only let me on for about $33!

Reply #669029 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

FWIW Re this game out West, there was only one side I wanted to be on but I marked it Perth -3 so -6 was never going to fly .. would just about have bet Perth at any number in this spot in most previous yrs but not sure all is well with this one.. nevertheless felt they muscled their way to W tonight

Reply #669043 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Had it -3 also but likewise decided no dice NZ unless something I can't refuse, such as 3.25 & +7

Great game so far. NZ have arrived ready for fired up Perth.

Reply #669054 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Yeah +7 or better would've dragged me onto NZ

Reply #669057 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Last quarter never looked likely of racking up the measly 30 points needed for the over but thankfully stuff happens late!

Reply #669082 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sunday;

Sydney Kings +1 @ 2.24

Kings enjoying life at present and well rested are more than likely to carry forward momentum today. United's month of travel is surely a factor. They are tough to be beat in anything at present but I've assessed Kings as the favorite today.

Reply #669136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754