Ingles13
Years ago

Why do Fox/NBL persist with that clown Dwayne Russ

Sports are a lot easier to follow and get behind when the commentators are knowledgeable and can understand what is going on. Besides having a good commentating voice what else does Russell bring to the table?

Less than 2 minutes into the boomers game he has already spouted out 2 incorrect facts. Said Kickert shot 40-50-90 (instead of 50-40-90) and also said Cadee played 3-4 minutes the other night Vs the Phillipines. He played 25 minutes.....

Every time there's a 50/50 call he is telling us the wrong info. Combined with some awful camera work from the NBL at times we aren't sure what is going on. If there's an offensive foul, there's a good chance Russell will be telling us that the offence is going to the line for an and1. Someone travelled? Nope just an off the ball foul. Tech foul? Nope just a warning.

And we all know his love affair with GOOOULLDDDIINGGGGGGGGGG but he can't even name many of the rotation players in the nbl.

Why is he casting the boomers games over the voice of the NBL - John Casey??

Topic #42774 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more

Reply #674304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also said one of the shots (I think Kickert shot it) was an airball when it clearly hit the front of the rim !!

Reply #674313 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Not to mention "they've changed the defensive rules so there are areas the defense can't go". Presumably referring to the NBA getting rid of illegal defense back in 2002?

Reply #674325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plus several times he referred to Chinese Taipei as being part of China

Reply #674368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which it is

Reply #674370 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Above.

Depends on your perspective: geographical, historical,political, geopolitical.

Maybe Dwayne Russell could negotiate a settlement agreeable to all parties???

Reply #674372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not.

Reply #674373 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

Call me low standards, but it doesn't faze me. I like hearing the AFL guys on the NBL commentary. D Russ had the least knowledge of them all, but Goooouuuuuulllllldiiiiinnnnngggg!

Reply #674391 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Maybe he reads the Sunday Telegraph? They had an article yesterday listing the current team and what the team with the NBA players might look like....and had Brandt listed as the current point guard

Reply #674393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754