carl
Years ago

Childress Any Chance game 5?

They sort of inferred that Childress may be a chance on the weekend news.

Topic #42974 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

News will always create stories out of thin air. Its a scupla injury, he is done.

Reply #680769 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty sure they said it was 4-6 week injury come Saturday it won't even be 2 weeks since he did it so highly unlikely I would've thought.

Reply #680770 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

People used to play with broken feet, ribs, hands, etc. So yes he's a chance but I doubt he’d be willing to suit up for an NBL championship, especially if he’s in talks to return next season

Reply #680778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok Ricey, and how did they perform? Assuming there is sarcasm in this willing to give you benefit of the doubt.

Reply #680779 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon, It happens, there was a Premier League game where Ricey played with a broken hand. Magic spray, works wonders, QEH, not so good....

Reply #680781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ZERO.

Reply #680783 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Depends on what the fracture looks like and where it is situated. His age and contract options going forward could play a part in any decision making.

Reply #680799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bone is broken want to possibly lose the use of your arm / shoulder if you play and reinjure it?
Pass.

Reply #680800 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's still got 2 years left on his Big3 contract so I'm not sure he would be too inclined to risk it and perhaps re-injure himself and jeopardising that contract and potentially another contract in the NBL or elsewhere next season.

Reply #680805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO definitely not and he is in a lot of pain and its a rare fracture so unknown entity when it comes to rehab time

Reply #680816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant use injections or isolate the area

Reply #680818 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

A fracture is not a broken arm

Reply #680856 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The problem will be how large the fracture is and how where it is on the scapula. The risk of reinjury or hindering recovery is the main issue. A small fracture can heal in a few weeks.

Reply #680857 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If you're Adelaide you don't want to kill the momentum. The team seems to have gotten better (or at least the same) since Childress went down.

Childress coming back is an inconvenience

Reply #680859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm, so the team could be playing at least the same when Childress went out.
Stupid, If Childress was able to just play a few minutes if would lift the team, but he wont. Not just for future contracts, hes got the money, just the danger of worse injury. Have had to rearrange the whole rotation with him out. At worst hes another body to put out on court that Melbourne have to account for.

Reply #680866 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He'd be a bit underdone and probably worried about his injury to make any major contribution you'd think.

Reply #680867 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He's still saying he's keen though.

Reply #680886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure he would risk getting tunneled again

Reply #680896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to know more about Scapula fractures this link is to an easy to read site with good pictures as well. He won't be back for at least 6 weeks.
https://www.sports-health.com/sports-injuries/shoulder-injuries/broken-shoulder-scapula-fracture

Reply #680919 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

That article still doesn't tell us where the fracture is on the scapula or how severe the fracture is.

Reply #680936 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

And completely disregard that first image of the exploded scapula. You may find he only has a very small fracture if his original scan didn't pick it up. Only Josh and his doc will be able to assess the extent of damage and condition it's in.

Reply #680937 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Headline spotted:

Childress ditches the sling but Adelaide 36ers adamant he won't play NBL grand final decider

Reply #681065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All this talk is actually giving me the opposite impression and I'm starting to think Childress might be some kind of chance. If he was ruled out for the series in the first place, then why is being explored again?

Reply #681081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He made a stupid comment when interviewed, when asked is there any chance. He said yes.
He's an idiot.

Reply #681099 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

He should have responded perhaps with "I'm not sure".

Reply #681101 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Why does saying you're a chance make you an idiot? I'd be surprised to see him suit up but who really knows the severity of his injury and his mindset. Everyone is just making assumptions. I see so many different injuries in my work and some surpise me how well they heal, while others take longer than you expect.

Reply #681106 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

All bone healing gets a standard 6 weeks to heal response.

There is a time limit on post appendix surgery which is about no heavy lifting or contact sports for 6 weeks. That didn't stop Sloane or Betts.

Can you play with a fracture? Many players at this level would’ve played a game with a fractured finger and a buddy strap.

Reply #681107 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ahhhh anon I see you're not a fan of pre 2010 NBA for example. Willis Reed I believe was the one who played with broken bones or fractures. As have other greats in the past. Just now players won’t because of $$$

Reply #681221 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

But yeah. It was unheard of through the ages until the 90s and 00s to play in a championship with a significant injury

Reply #681224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754