AKA
Years ago

Gliddon to the Bullets, 3 year deal

Akin to the Woj bombs we see during the NBA free agency, we are starting too see, Olgun drops the news that Cam Gliddon is off to the Bullets!! One thing you cannot say is that Lemanis is sitting on his hands this FA period!!

Topic #43118 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Confirmation of what everyone has suspected.

Reply #684254 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Was the only credible rumour heard & unsurprisingly the first announced signing as well. So he did get his 3 years, wonder if its all guaranteed or option for 3rd?

Reply #684256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wondered if its guaranteed if they are sold or fail.

Reply #684258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another fail for Wildcats. Im calling it, this season they wont hit the finals

Reply #684279 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Haha way to put yourself out on a limb by saying 'I'm calling it’ then doing so behind an anonymous username haha how daring of you

Reply #684281 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

it feels like Gliddon is in the Wortho mould, never really interested in playing in Perth., unfortunately

Reply #684282 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

More of a Brisbane observer rather than supporter these days. This announcement doesn't excite me too much. At least Gliddon doesn’t take an import spot, but as someone else mentioned in a previous thread, I don’t see him being a starter on a championship team.

Reply #684283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whether I like this signing or not is irrelevant but why I do like is the trend this season in free agency of players signing multi year contracts. In recent years it has been all one year deals. To me it says all the clubs are becoming increasingly confident that the league is here for the long haul and that for me is a great thing.

Reply #684285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does a Cadee-Gliddon starting backcourt really put the fear of God into anyone? Defensively they are both liabilities - especially Cadee, who is a turnstile at times. Ask the likes of Bryce Cotton how they feel when Cadee is matched up against them - their eyes light up and they beg for an iso play because he is far too easily broken down off the dribble. Offensively, Cadee and Gliddon can both shoot from deep - that much is certain - but they are both streaky as hell. Cadee will throw the odd brilliant pass but there are way better facilitators, and Gliddon is primarily a spot up shooter who doesn't attack the paint nearly enough. This combo doesn't do anything for me.

Reply #684293 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

No way these two start and they have no import guard! Both going for the $$$ not a title.

Reply #684310 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I agree with Anon #684293...a team with a back court comprising Gliddon & Cadee isn't winning a Championship.

Reply #684312 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Unless Brisbane hit the jackpot with imports then they are looking ordinary next year

Reply #684317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben I don't blame you. I imagine you were pumped when Bullets returned but since then it has been oh so underwhelming.

Reply #684321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another fail for holic who guaranteed Gliddon and DJ would sign in Perth..

Reply #684323 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"Haha way to put yourself out on a limb by saying 'I'm calling it' then doing so behind an anonymous username haha how daring of you"

Even more daring than posting under someone else's username?

Reply #684328 | Report this post

Tiger  
Years ago

How long before the announcement on Mitch McCaron to Brisbane as well. I give it another month and then all of a sudden he is coming back to Brisbane for personnel reasons. Mark my words.

Reply #684329 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

"Tiger

How long before the announcement on Mitch McCaron to Brisbane as well. I give it another month and then all of a sudden he is coming back to Brisbane for personnel reasons. Mark my words."

OK
15/100 - fail !

Reply #684331 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Vukona
Gliddon
Cadee?
Jervis
Gibson
TeRangi
Fullerton
Magnay (DP?)

Not many local spots left if Bairstow signs on.

Kickert, Bruce and Young look like playing elsewhere.

Reply #684355 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Brisbane look ordinary IMO.
Need stud imports.

Reply #684356 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Barlow 45.2%, Deng 43.3%, Cadee 43.4%, Gliddon 43.2%.

Reply #684471 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

And Cadee and Gliddon played how many finals this year with those great avges? Bonehead comment!

Reply #684474 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

@isaac - yeah I didn't put Deng and Barlow because they didn't take enough

@thunder jam - thanks.

Reply #684476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not the three point end off the court that is the offencively, it’s the other end. No point scoring 100 only to let 110 in.

Reply #684483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans actually said this if you read the story properly!!

http://www.taipans.com/news/article/35944-gliddon-not-returning-to-cairns

Reply #684496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

@andrewbprice - wasn't meant as a jab though I can see how it was interpreted as such. Just intended to confirm that whatever people think of Cadee as a chucker, his 3P stats were actually pretty good last season, and put it in the context of other names (Barlow and Deng both remembered for hot shooting streaks, etc).

Reply #684514 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

@isaac - no I didn't interpret it that way, you're good. I just wanted to clarify!

Reply #684516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's not the three point end off the court that is the offencively, it's the other end. No point scoring 100 only to let 110 in."

This. Pretty basic concept... you would think.

Reply #684544 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754