Anonymous
Years ago

Blanchfield wants out of Sydney, may go to Illawarra

Boti nagy suggest Todd blanchfield wants out of the Sydney kings.
do u guys want him?
my suggestion is if he comes to the hawks your starts
should be if u can get them.

Naar pg
Todd blanchfield sg just for shooting 3s and a guess clarke returns on the bench
import sf who can play pf and rebound
anderson PF would be great first team last team to play for
AJ C

tall and good to great 3s point shooters

Topic #43277 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Import/Ogilvy
Import/Ellis
Blanch/Coneraad
Rotnei/White
Martin/Naar

Generally Bevo likes having Aussie starters playing the 2 bigs in his system with one budget import, then spends what money they have on guards that can create. I'd like to see him get a stud athletic big as an import this time, a versitile hard worker, similar style of player to Kay but an upgrade, then a second import big on a budget to split minutes with AJ. Let Rotnei and the Aussies fill his 3 perimeter spots.

Reply #687726 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Like the above roster suggestion. I think the thought would be Ogilvy/import but with a strict warning that it will flip if his form follows last year. Would also be Martin/Naar to begin with due to Martin's experience but with the hope Naar develops enough for it to be Naar/Martin. They'll have to knock the 4 import spot out of the park to be a playoff team though.

Reply #687728 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

On last years form they'd be better off with....

Import/Eric Cooks/Zac Delaney/Ogilvy
Import/Ellis
Blanch/Coneraad
Rotnei/White
Martin/Naar

Reply #687729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha Z. Delaney. nice

Reply #687731 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

Be surprising if Rotnei came back. Less money to throw around this season. Would be great to have him back but he may be too pricey

Reply #687732 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

I don't think Rot will commanding a massive pay increase after the inconsistency last season. I do think the Hawks will need an import starting PG to win a couple this year.

Reply #687733 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Would be good for Illawarra.
Still only 26.
Hawks could go with:
RMartin, Naar
Import, White
Blanchfield, Coenraad
Import, ?
Ogilvy, Import
With 1 other local spot remaining.
Andersen?

Reply #687746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He earns a lot coin at the kings, can't see Illawarra matching it and I doubt he’ll take a pay cut. Not happening in my opinion.

Reply #687748 | Report this post

PK  
Years ago

If there's some kind of buyout he wouldn't have to take a paycut. Would get some money from the kings, and Illawarra can make up the difference

Reply #687750 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Maybe chasing the big $$$ with rubbish coaches hasn't turned out that well for him and he's keen to go back to what worked for him before?

Reply #687751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a good fit in Cairns as well, could the enticement of a familiar face (Mike Kelly) and being closer to home make it even a slight possibility?

Reply #687753 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Would work in Adelaide if Creek does leave as expected

Reply #687754 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Blanchfield is better than Creek imo

Reply #687757 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Generally if its the player that wants out, the buyout term may not apply? Or it would be in team's favour I'd think. I wonder if there is plenty of performance clauses as well that makes him want to spit the dummy.

Reply #687760 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

He is an idiot has a chance to come of the bench as a 6th man get paid more and fight for a Ring. He was decent back half of last season also. If he wants out then screw him.

Reply #687761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crazy quote of the day

" Manu Fieldel
Blanchfield is better than Creek imo"

hahahahaha rotfl

Reply #687766 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Blanchfield is better than Creek?

At what Monopoly?

Creek is the best Aussie player in the league

Reply #687768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe he had a starting clause in contract.
Would start at Cairns and Illawarra. Most likely a reserve anywhere else.

Reply #687771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield better than creek lmao ! !

Should try get that Sydney kid back Miller with the dreads.

Reply #687772 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"tall and good to great 3s point shooters"

not on Saturday night he wasn't (0/6 for Mackay)

Reply #687774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield chose to go to a team with Newley...there was always going to be a squeeze for minutes and opportunity. I loved his game in Townsville, but NBL improved and now it doesn't allow for many high-usage Aussie wings, so his game devolved to what it is now.

I think this is a good example of why we need more teams and only two imports. Give 25-year old Aussies more opportunity to step up and carry a team and see what they evolve into.

He was one of the hottest young Aussie talents in early 2015 and was on target for Olympic team consideration. Has been a rough three years after Townsville and if he can get elite money, then he has an awesome agent.

Reply #687777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"not on Saturday night he wasn't (0/6 for Mackay)"

So there must be something else going on - it isn't dud coaching of Demopolous and Gaze only if he can't even produce at QBL level now. Must be personal issues.

Reply #687778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... or what anon #777 said above re: high usage Aussie wings and imports.

Reply #687780 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

It's official. He's been released

Reply #687785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. Good riddance.

Reply #687786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had maybe 3 good performances all season, with the main difference between a good game and a bad game being how many of his tough, contested shots early in the clock went in. I rated him in Townsville and kinda hoped he'd turn it around after his stint in Melbourne, but that was definitely not the case...

Reply #687790 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Next stop NBA

Reply #687792 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Seen a lot of comments about his supposed Starting Clause.
Would Sydney really have given him one?

My perception of the way the league has developed, coaches favour a combo guard for their starting 2, a genuine athletic SF for their 3. Blanchfield types are more likely to used off the bench.

Reply #687800 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

That concussion he had last season was absolutely nasty, I hope I don't see that again.

Reply #688053 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Seen a lot of comments about his supposed Starting Clause.
Would Sydney really have given him one?

It would have been ridiculous for them to have done it, bu that doesn't rule the possibility of it actually happening...

Just take a look at how many games he started and what the other options were... Some of it could have been that stupid "playing him as a 4" rubbish, but he started a LOT of games...

Reply #688073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754