RJ
Years ago

2005 Junior Semi-Finals ... The Others

A quick where, when and how for some of the other games happening tonight.

16 Girls 2:
SF1 (6:15 Pasa 1) Norwood (3) V (5) Woodville
SF2 (7:15 Pasa 1) North 1 (1) V (2) Sturt 2
I doubt there was a more excited winning team last week then these Woodville girls. They played with plenty of heart and hustle but will probably find the extra size and smarts of the Flames too much to contend with tonight. North v Sturt will be a very high standard div.2 game with two smart coaches leading two very talented sides. I'll stick with the minor premiers but only just.

18 Girls 2:
SF1 (9:30 Pasa 2) West 1 (2) V (4) Forestville 1
SF2 (8:30 Pasa 2) Sturt 1 (1) V (3) North 1
West would be very surprised to be facing elimination this early but were out classed last week against the Rockets. Missing their rock the Eagles also come into this game a little surprised, to still be alive. I feel West won't let this one slip too and should have enough to handle the Eagles. (Sorry Quiet one!) Sturt have played with the poise of a division one side all season and a minor premiership is proof of that. North coming off an impressive win last week would be on a high but I still feel the Sabres will get a win here.

16 Boys 2:
SF1 (6:00 DHD 2) Sturt 2 (3) V (4) North
SF2 (7:00 DHD 2) Sturt 1(1) V (2) Norwood
Two close hard fought games last week would have 3 of these teams well prepared for another weekend of finals. North's 3 point win over the Bearcats kept them alive but the Sabres' 2 side may prove just too much a task. Norwood are the only side to really push Sturt 1 this season and a complacent Sabres side could walk away with a loss. I don't think hoops.com Coach of the Year nominee Clarke would allow that to happen though and the Sabres should get a reasonably comfortable win here.

18 Boys 2:
SF1 (9:15 Pasa 3) Sturt 1 (2) V (4) North
SF2 (8:15 Pasa 3) Forestville 1 (1) V (3) South
Well I got 1 upset right and the Sabres now face a very dangerous Rockets side and possible elimination tonight. The Sabres form of late has been disappointing but I'm going to stick with them to narrowly get a win here. In the other semi a very pumped up but injury riddled Panthers will take on the glamour Forestville (Woodville, Sturt, South, Noarlunga City, Adelaide Southern ... did I forget anyone??) Eagles 1 team lead by the Tigers bread TCP.(In what will probably be his penultimate game as an Eagles coach.) As exciting as an underdog victory is, the Eagles are just too smart, deep and big. The Panthers only hope for me is if they can light it up from outside.

18 Boys 3:
SF1 (8:15 Port 2) North 2 (3) V (5) Southern
SF2 (9:15 Port 2) Norwood 1 (1) V (2) North 1
What can I say that hasn't already been said? If nothing else there should be a noisy crowd down at the Port at 8:15 tonight. Even with the current side the Tigers didn't have enough to beat North 2 last time round and I'm sure the Rockets will be plenty fired up for this one. Sunday should hopefully see a North v North match-up as I also feel the Flames will have too much for North 1.

18 Boys 4:
SF1 (6:15 Pasa 3) Norwood 1 (2) V (4) North 2
SF2 (7:15 Pasa 3) North 1 (1) V (3) Southern 1
With no DC left its hard to say something but I'll do my best. Norwood 1 fell to the hot hands of the Tigers last week but should get another chance on Sunday as I feel they'll get a win tonight and MC's boys may struggle against the league leading Rockets.

Topic #4340 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood1 has lost twice to North1 by 12+ points i think they can do it again tonight. RJ do not underestimate them they are the defending champs.

Reply #50421 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

pressure is on...

Reply #50429 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

hey dose anyone know where the 18 1's finals are tonight?

Reply #50437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what no u20s??........

Reply #50440 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

K,

Boys are at Marion at 8.15 & 9.30.

Not sure about the Girls.

Reply #50443 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Is it that hard to read the other previews ... maybe the one that is for the Boy's semis?? Geesh.

On the subject of the 20's one of my most loyal fans gave me a hardtime for including them and leaving other grades out. Out of LOYALTY I added his age group and left out the 20's. Don't worry they'll be back next time round. :-)

Reply #50444 | Report this post

Under 16 div2 girls North 1 vs Sturt 2, what a game , best game I ever seen, credits goes to both team & the kool coaches, best coaches in girls jr.Both coaches played a very tactic game, after the 4 qr's 2 extra 3 min's , & Sturt just scrape in by a piont.next week Sunday another wonderful game to watch,except North to beat Norwood tomorrow & back in the grand finals with Sturt.Good luck to both teams & coaches

Reply #50532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RJ i think you are wrong about the div3 Norwood1 vs North1 game. After their defeat to us i think its going to be a tougher grand final to win.

Reply #50988 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754