Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers squad for Sept series

Would like to think that in the middle of September more of our better players will be available.

Need to stop persisting with mediocre level talent such as Cadee, Drmic/Wagstaff, Kickert etc.

This will be the last time the Boomers can get together before new NBL, NBA, Europe and NCAA seasons commence.

Will we actually see some more of our A graders in this series?

Thoughts...

Topic #43537 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The main issue with the Japan game was poor coaching. We could've easily remained unbeaten with a solid effort last night.

That said, we need to be doing a better job of coercing our NBA talents to play in these leadup games. I'm not expecting the full roster with Simmons and co., but a team that vaguely resembles our A roster would be good to see.

Reply #693911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like DJ (I doubt they were nominated) so they would be ineligible

Reply #693930 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

We have tanked before so did we want Japan to win.

Better for the basketball community if Japan progresses over the Phillipines, and FIBA would have a little smile if we managed to keep them out of the 3rd round

Reply #694019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many players do we take? I'm assuming 12 man roster with 10 playing on any given night?

Delly, Mills, Simmons, Exum, Ingles, Baynes, Maker, Broekhoff, Motum. That's 9/12 possible players. Who else makes the team? I'd say Goulding because we could always do with another shooter, and he displays leadership qualities. Don't need any more guards. Maybe look a bit short in the SF department? Newley due to his experience? Maybe Kay for the final spot (please no more 3pt shots, Gleeson please shut that shit down).

Reply #694083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754