LC
Years ago

New release of Boomers vs USA VIP and Fan Packages on sale

VIP and fan ticket packages for the two-game series between the Australian Boomers and Team USA to be held at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium on August 22 and 24, 2019 have gone on sale to the public.

After the first release of official hospitality packages sold out in record time, a second release has now been made available through TEG Live, with 'Fan Packages’ starting from $295, while ‘VIP Packages’ are priced from $695.

Boomers versus USA VIP fan packages released for sale

Topic #43660 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Lebron be there though?

Reply #697962 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

He isn't going to the training camp next week

Reply #697989 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

There will be a good team. Impossible to say at this stage exactly who that will be, but I would imagine you'll have a mix of All NBA players, solid All-Stars, fringe All stars, and 1 or 2 perplexing role players.

The pricing across all levels so far is pretty high. I know cheaper sections will come out later, but already the "fan packages" at $300 are starting a fair way from the action. By the time the price comes down, you won't be able to see much at all.

At this point I'm probably leaning towards not going. For people who haven't had a chance to see big event basketball before I can understand paying the premium for the "atmosphere", but I can't justify that kind of money to not really get to watch the game.

I hope there are ticket packages that are affordable for families as this would be an amazing event to really showcase our great game.

I understand that its an expensive event to hold, but to me it seems like the chance to make money might have overtaken the desire to really bring this game to the people.

Again, I don't begrudge people making money - especially when they've put up money of their own to get the event here - I just feel like this may end up missing a really good opportunity.

Reply #697992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

World Cup is being hosted in China which will be a huge carrot for the stars.

Reply #698012 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

It doesn;t really say where the fan MVP section would be, but you can't really judged it based on the other tickets and their prices because those tickets come with exclusive functions and extras. I expect the fan MVP tickets will be probably on the first section of the grand stand, but not near the bars where the better tickets are, and will probably be good enough to see from. You have to remember that general admission tickets haven';t been released yet, and THOSE tickets will be the absolute shit ones. They said in the original media release that tickets will range from $70 and up, so you'd assume for 300, and few extra perks, that the fans MVP ticket would afford you something worth turning up for.

Reply #698016 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

It'd be nice if there were more information for people before committing.

Just out of interest, what would be a best case USA team?

Curry / Westbrook
Harden / Thompson
LeBron / Leonard
Durant / Green
Davis / Cousins

Last two spots probably more speculative. Lillard, Butler, George, Towns, Oladipo, Kyrie.

Reply #698027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was the UFC event held at Etihad? Issues with sightlines? That is the one major indoor sporting event hosted at Etihad that I can recall.

Reply #698044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram, given the Warriors and Lebron's workloads over the last few years, I think you can rule out Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green and Lebron.

But I think there's a good chance that, if they're healthy, we get pretty close to the best of the rest.

I think if Harden also doesn't show up, the Boomers will take a game. So being there for that would be pretty exciting.

Reply #698067 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How was the UFC event held at Etihad? Issues with sightlines? That is the one major indoor sporting event hosted at Etihad that I can recall.
WWE ran an event there in the early 00s.

Reply #698069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay but more recently UFC that no doubt some Melburnians can fill us in how good or bad their experience was.

Reply #698095 | Report this post

Slam drunk  
Years ago

I've been to a number of UFC shows, it was terrible at Etihad. The size of the cage and the intricate movements on the ground made it difficult to clearly see what was happening.
The roar when Rousey got knocked out was second to none. The size of a bball crt should be more accomodating for the nose bleed spectator as watching footy is pretty good viewing.
etihad will also bring the lower level seats fwd to be closer to the action

Reply #698116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks

Reply #698119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now I'm confused. Does your nickname refer to you slam drunking on a bball court or getting slam drunked in the octagon?

Reply #698120 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

For those considering going, I just heard back from VIP Now that the court will be about 1 metre above ground level and that the close in seats will all be at ground level (ie, below the level of the court and not tiered like a grandstand). I would really like to go, but I have to say that being below court level and with no tiering really makes it hard for me to justify $850 plus!

Reply #698290 | Report this post

Red 25  
Years ago

Well this hasn't aged well

Reply #756894 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #756916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're strange anon #756916

Reply #756918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754