Duke Fan
Years ago

Game ending in TBT

What's everyone think of the way games end in TBT? Seems like a good way to eliminate the foul fest of the team that's behind trying to stop the clock. For those not aware, the game clock stops with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and is not used any more. The target score is set (leading team's score +7) and the first team to that score wins

Topic #43707 | Report this topic

FCF  
Years ago

The Elam Ending

Reply #699316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eliminate the foul fest by giving the offensive team the choice of bonus free throws or taking the ball from the sideline.

This is the old rule.

Problem solved without having to make up some mew system which is ridiculous.

Reply #699318 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Just make any defensive fouls in the final 2 minutes - one free throw + possession.

Reply #699322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was the TBT dunk contest any good? Apparently they were going to have one player guard and try to stop the dunking player from dunking. Interesting concept, did it work out?

Reply #699324 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

I personally dislike the deliberate fouling that goes on.

However 4 minutes and 7 points is nonsensical. 4 minutes is a huge chunk of a 10 minute quarter, and a lot can happen in that time. 7 points can be scored in a matter of seconds if things align.
Plus it eliminates the possibility of extra-time.

I think there are a number of possible alternatives, such as mentioned above, that could limit the deliberate fouling without upsetting the whole concept of winning.

Reply #699333 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Oh, and I meant to say, that not everybody dislikes it, so its a matter of opinion whether it needs to be changed anyway.

Reply #699334 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Derek cooke jr made dunk final. Highlights on their webpage.

Jimmer got shut down today but cant see randle and co beating the elite.

Ending is kinda of anti climactic to me but better than watching the constant stoppages

Reply #699343 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

eliminate the foul fest by giving the offensive team the choice of bonus free throws or taking the ball from the sideline.
I've got an old Wildcats-Cannons game from 1985 where the last two seconds took four or five minutes to play, due to the eight fouls the 'Cats managed to rack up.

Just make any defensive fouls in the final 2 minutes - one free throw + possession.
I think there are a number of possible alternatives, such as mentioned above, that could limit the deliberate fouling without upsetting the whole concept of winning.
The whole point of the Elam Ending isn't just to eliminate the fouling. It's also designed to give the trailing team a chance to come back. Penalising them extra-hard for playing tough defense and gambling for steals, or letting the opposition simply inbound the ball, both make the result a sure thing much sooner.

Reply #699364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754