Anonymous
Years ago

Southern beats Forestville

On behalf of all the non eagles people, congrats to Southern. Hardly ever see a grand final where a team with highest payroll is more celebrated for beating a team. Think more people are happy Forestville lost than tigers winning.
Now to hear all the eagles fans bleating about at least they made the final, hopefully bsa grows some balls and stops this happening again. Maybe Teys had a conscience and stank it up.

Topic #43778 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Thus concludes the least interesting scandal in hoops.com.au history.

Reply #701433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bsa dont need balls just need to change by laws yet again like they needed to after borrago. Johnston had a certificate to say he could not play. By laws dont state that you need to be at game in state or country. Bet by next season it will.

Reply #701435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome game. Probably closer than it should have been the way Teys and Johnson played. Congrats to southern.

Reply #701436 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eages were clearly in short numbers at the game. Maybe they do have a conscience after all and didnt want to be associated with very poor attitude by coach towards bending rules. Eagles no disgrace in losing. It's what you deserved.

Reply #701437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys was awful.

DJ 0-3 in Premier League finals.

Reply #701439 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Teys did his best. Poor DJ so unlucky. Got to feel for poor coach who put so much time in developing the team to have the bench let him.down.

Reply #701468 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

attendance number ?

Reply #701469 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Only looked like the Eagles had low numbers because each Southern family brought their eight kids

Reply #701472 | Report this post

The year that was.

Tigers still lucky I guess?

Andy's jean shorts didn’t make an appearance.
Starling still the best player in the comp.
Rios wise still the best import combo.
West showed their real talent when it matters most.

DJ. CJ. BPay. No matter what the season was.

Tigers played all juniors of the club. (Except Turnage, mays, Dodman, burns) and beat the captain, starting centre and mascot for the 36ers.

It’s ok West Norwood and north fans. I heard yah. "They paid their players more!!!" “They took or geeeebs”

Do you really think 2 imports and some juniors cost more than DJ, Teys, Majoks camio and Doyle?

Can’t wait for 2019.

Reply #701475 | Report this post

Family Friend  
Years ago

I only bought to of my four kids to the game and Sam johns only gave one of them a wristy , the other one is still waiting!
Shame to see the Sixer/ Eagles loose, ha ha ha ha ha
I hope Joey was there to see what he has signed compared to what he could have signed have done!!!
Thanks AB enjoy your night :)

Reply #701476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys was embarrassing. How is this guy in the NBL. Blocked on 6 layups

Reply #701477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesn't take long for the Club supporters to start their gloating and bragging

There's one thing they can't do

Show any class

Reply #701479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or write/spell correctly.

Reply #701493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You couldn't cheat to win the title! Now shhhhh!!!!!

Reply #701494 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"Tigers played all juniors of the club. (Except Turnage, mays, Dodman, burns)"

So did Forestville (DJ, Teys, Richard, Akol).

“5 guys got 0 time... there's heaps of confidence there.”

Four Tigers didn't play.

Any other accomplishments you want to point out that aren’t that special?

Reply #701496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only special one is you lost. Hope it tastes good when you say it. "We lost!".

Reply #701498 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

We did lose. Was a great game, always knew it would be close. Be good if you blokes could stop trying so hard to talk yourselves up though.

Reply #701499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sorry you lost.

Reply #701500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern fans are hilarious talking up their 100k+ team of recruits lol

Reply #701502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You tried your best. And you failed miserably.

The lesson is.... never stack your team with 3 36ers. Flaunt the rules. Disrespect the competition and then come on here and take the moral high ground.

"Dignity in defeat" - you cheated. You have no dignity.

Reply #701503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word out of the tigers camp is Johns is getting a second story on his New Hackham home. Winning bonus I guess.

Reply #701504 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Failed miserably = 6 point loss against the best team after winning a bunch of finals to get there.

No pleasing some people.

Reply #701505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the win at all cost arrogance from eagles? Did they lose that too?

Reply #701506 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hope you enjoyed the Hungry Jacks you won on the drive home. Must be nice being able to the family out for a fancy meal every now and again.

Reply #701507 | Report this post

InThePaint  
Years ago

BasketballSA should change the Finals to best of 3 next Year . That way the Eagles Bench will get a few more seconds on the floor

Reply #701508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And all the southern people gloating going to need 3 jobs to pay for their kid fees so fat boy can buy another title

Reply #701509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing but hungry jacks money and championships.

It would have sucked if your club actually tried to win the grand final.

Carrying on like you don't care. Don’t break the rules.

Reply #701510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Losing hurts doesn't it. Zip and 2 on the night. That’s gotta hurt.

Reply #701516 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Losing two finals is less embarrassing than making yourselves championship rings

Reply #701517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hungry Jacks or a Vili's family pie split 6 ways?? Give me Hungry Jacks every day.

I hear Andy and the brains trust at Forestville ( is that an oxymoron ) have started preparing for next season by having a closed legal session going through the By - Laws again

Reply #701518 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

A very good game,Teys was awful.Why do Eagles supporters not ware the colors to the game,i could only spot 3.

Reply #701519 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Did Nyberg share the vouchers or take them all for himself again?

Reply #701520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern fan makes fun of the Eagles brains trust.

Southern fan can't spell 'wear’.

Brilliant.

Reply #701521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would you like a tissue? Losing hurts hero

Reply #701522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does it? I care a hell of a lot less about losing than Southern fans do about winning.

Must be tough only having one good thing happen in your life a year.

Reply #701523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just accept you lost dude

Reply #701524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have since the siren. Wasn't that hard.

Reply #701526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad cheating winners and bad losers! Love the salt!

Reply #701527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone remind me why Teys has an NBL spot?

Reply #701529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Championship rings hahahah flogs

Reply #701530 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Teys was severely embarrassing. Out played out classed. Maybe Andy recruited wrong Sixers. At least DJ maintained his solid GF contributions to be able to hold head up.

Reply #701537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys had a bad game but a great season, didn't he lead it in scoring. And the few games I saw was always a classy and hard worker. If he played the whole season would have romped home in the woollacott. Easy to bag someone when they have a poor showing.
Interesting to see eagles fans do the whole I don't care we didn't win, would be shattered. Hopefully they can see now the way they did things was wrong.

Reply #701539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't play for them, and we all knew Southern wouldn’t be a pushover. Of course it sucks, but no point crying over it. I’m sure the players are hurting a lot more than the fans.

Reply #701540 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If hurting that much I hope come back next year and win for the club.

Reply #701543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For free

Reply #701544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Andy was outcoached!!

Reply #701545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would like to see Andy and nyberg coach a team that wasn't stacked and see how they go. Andy wasn't going too well till the sixers came in and nyberg got outcouched by a mile in last year's GF.

Reply #701548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nyberg demonstrated his coaching prowess by making a snide comment when shaking hands immediately after the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's burned more than one bridge as a result.

Reply #701549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definetely fell through a few bridges when he departed Pasadena Maccas en route to Morphettvale

Reply #701550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't try and take Nyberg down because he does his job better then any other coach or club in the league. He recruits good aussies and gets them to assimilate themselves into the club with coaching and jobs with sponsors. He creates the best game night experience then any other club and has every home game packed out. And he win! Don’t be mad at him, be mad at your own club for not hiring someone to do the job that he does.

Reply #701558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His paycheque gives him time and opportunity to do those things. I'm not saying he doesn’t do a great job but his situation is pretty different to a heap of other coaches.

Reply #701559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Nyberg is able to recruit well with the money at his disposal, in fact with his rumoured budget I would have expected better. And game night experience is directly related to winning. I bet if they had a losing record the crowd wouldn't be coming.

Reply #701562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wins title... anonymous expected better.

Reply #701566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wins title against a more talented team...must be the budget

Reply #701567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Forestville a more talented team? I wouldn't have said so even before the final.

Reply #701569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nyberg would have nothing to do with game night experience, the only reason southern get good crowds is they are a bunch of front runners, I remember a few years ago when both men and women were uncompetitive you could count the amount of supporters on one hand.

southern would want to keep spending as no a lot coming through in the way of juniors especially on the girls side

Reply #701570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most incestuous club in the state, how many people from the one family on the committee

Reply #701573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would never have thought Tigers have best atmosphere for P/L games. If you want atmosphere and crowd involvement you can't go past Hillcrest with proximity to court on all sides.

Reply #701574 | Report this post

Driver  
Years ago

Are Forestville more talented team?
3 pro players and import
1 "would have romped home the woollacott"
1 has been apart of boomers squads in the past

Forestville lost because Andy bowed to the hoops pressure and wore jeans instead of jean shorts!!!
His fake yeezys were on point!

Also why do we assume tigers have the biggest budget when 3 pros are playing at one club together, DJ has played for 3 clubs (not super loyal) and teys hasn't played PL so I doubt they just buddied up for a giggle

Reply #701577 | Report this post

Io70  
Years ago

Ultimately, in both Mens and Womens competitions, the best team over the course of the year won the GF.
Seems a fitting result really.

Forestville women did well to make the GF and push North a bit.

Forestville men, well... not sure what to say really.

Reply #701578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for Nybergs "snide comment shaking hands" and "burning bridges" comment.
Wouldn't think there is a bridge left standing when it comes to Andy and the Cheatgles after their efforts this season with the majority of the Premier League coaches or clubs.

Reply #701581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Teys had shown up the result very most likely would have been different. Kudos for Doyle keeping them in it and Phillips battled hard against superior size. DJ was DJ. Who was MVP out of curiosity? Brine?

Reply #701586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage

Reply #701587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone trashing Doyle and Teys having no right to be 36ers but of course they're gun professionals now.

Reply #701589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage very worthy but Brine did a great job at both ends. Would have been my vote.

Mays despite only having 6 points did a great job on DJ and had 15 boards.

Reply #701590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Teys apparently sucks, even at local level?
Yet still part of the NBL?

Reply #701625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage had a solid game. Brine's performance was great on both ends. Shot much needed 3’s and had teys on lockdown all night. He wasn’t just having an "off night". Would’ve been my vote.

Great game to watch though. Close all game. A lot of talent out on the court!

Reply #701636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame that Teys didn't get a chance to play to his NBL strengths of clobbering a young kid on a lay up to incite an all in brawl.

Stick to what you know BT.

Reply #701663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame Johns didn’t just sit on the bench (do development players even do that?). We could have won if he did.

Reply #701669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The actual game was shite. Hardly a showcase of PL basketball but as it was close, it kept it interesting.

Reply #701689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754