interesting
Years ago

DV Mens SEABL Coach

Just saw the DV Mens SEABL role advertised???
Is Wallace not doing the role again next season?

Topic #43779 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would imagine its a usual process? 1 year term and see if everyone likes each other. Advertise and see who else applies and pick the best applicant.

Reply #701512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aganda disguised as process. Wallace did a good enough job to get the job back without needing to apply. Unless he has chosen to step away.

Reply #701525 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

DV have it as a policy as part of the clubs constitution, they always have to advertise and never offer full 2 year deals. a bit silly really. He will coach again next year no doubt.

Reply #701613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Diamond Valley have approached Big V about returning to SCM and SCW

Reply #702204 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

That doesn't surprise me, they threw a ton of cash at a league that had rumours all over it. DV should of just stayed in Big V and tipped that money into the club itself.

Reply #702274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have to advertise their coaching positions every year, why hasn't the youth men and SEABL women's job been advertised also?

Reply #702602 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Think everyone is headed back to Big V so its not like DV are applying for it they won't have a choice.

Reply #702615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if SEABL happens next year DV will be in Big V instead

Reply #702618 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

Youth League role has been advertised for Women

Things may of changed but it was the case that they always had to advertise each year, sometimes they would just advertise for a 1 week and then close the advert.

Reply #702624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate that practice!!

Clubs just need to make one simple decision at the end of each season: Are we happy to move forward with the coach?

If so, keep him/her and let him/her start planning the season ahead.
If not, cut ties immediately, let him/her move on and advertise for a new coach.

This concept of "well you never know, Brian Goorjian might apply" is BS and leaves far too many coaches dangling - whether it is the coach trying to keep his job or the coaches applying for a non-existent job.

Be all in with your coach and trust them, have their back and let them build, or get rid of him/her quickly. Get off the fence.

Reply #702629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And with regards to DV, Grant won the job as clearly the most experienced candidate. Very few in the country could match his experience. What's changed in less than 12 months?

You know the level of coach that applied a year ago and if you want better than Grant then approach someone and ask them to interview - but only if the position is vacant.

I hate the whole process in basketball.

Reply #702635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"That doesn't surprise me, they threw a ton of cash at a league that had rumours all over it. DV should of just stayed in Big V and tipped that money into the club itself"

Lots of other people would be supporting those words!!!

Reply #702639 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

I'm not for the record ....

But I can imagine membership and child playing fees went up to accommodate the big push as well as convincing a few big sponsors to throw money in, can imagine it hasn't sat well

The arms race that wasn't worth running for , meanwhile long term DV Coach Trevor makes SCM GF with rival Eltham down the road (likely to lose to the legend in Harringotn & the Hawks 3 peat)

Reply #702707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zoe Carr #axed after 1 season for DV women. Axed from 2 SEABL clubs in 2 seasons

Reply #703317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is she doing or not doing to create back to back axings? I thought she left Tigers for DV, didn't think she was sacked from there?

Reply #703321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's just say she jumped as she saw it coming.

Reply #703326 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

Zoe Carr thing seems weird maybe withe move back to Big V DV weren't going to have the budget for players she wanted??

There seems a lot of shuffling over at DV regarding coaches

Reply #703390 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:52 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754