Anonymous
Years ago

Deng Adel - could he land in Melbourne?

Could the United sign Lamar Patterson *and* Deng Adel? If they do, hard to see anyone beating them this year.

Coach Vickerman sounds like he's recruiting him hard:
_____

Melbourne United NBL coach Dean Vickerman said he'd done some work recently with 201cm Adel and rated him highly.

"I love Deng Adel," he said.

"Watching him play for Houston you could see (coach) Mike D'Antoni's excitement about the kid.

"I don't think they had a roster spot for him this year."

Vickerman said if Adel decided to return to Australia, he was welcome in Melbourne.

"He came and practiced with us for three weeks and if he was available we would have loved to have had a crack at him," he said.

"We told him if something doesn't work out for him in the NBA we'd love the opportunity to recruit him."

http://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/24498394/deng-adel-latest-aussie-crack-nba

Topic #43828 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timberwolves... training camp.

Reply #702589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes we know that. But if he gets cut then the Untied could be paying $2mill a year for their side.

Reply #702594 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Doubt they could have both Adel and Patterson unless they released another player.
Hopefully Adel makes it with Minnesota.

Reply #702595 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Adel will land in Melbourne when he comes home to visit friends

Reply #702601 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United only has one roster spot remaining.

I wonder if they can de-activate or downgrade Hooley or Smith-Milner from Contracted player to DP? Did Perth do something similar recently?

When do teams need to finalise their NBA rosters? Presumably before opening night on Oct 16?

I wonder if United is waiting on Deng? Maybe that's why they haven't signed a 3rd import. You never know, maybe they're quietly confident Deng would play in Melbourne if he misses out, and they figure he'll know by mid October and would only miss the first couple of games?

Bit risky though.

Reply #702710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt sign with Melbourne if I were him, he wouldnt get the start
Not good for development or scouting

Reply #702915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754