Anonymous
Years ago

36ERS VS WILDCATS

Does anyone no the squads there's a lot of new faces in both teams

Topic #43866 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

I don't know but Wiley looks pretty fun.

Reply #703738 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Know.

Some of the new faces are DP or training players, worth remembering both teams have players on Boomer duty and Terrico White out with a knee injury.

Reply #703743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is #13 (lefty) for Perth?

Reply #703746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are the DP players, that American centre have a great game

Reply #703747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack McVeigh looked solid today.

Reply #703751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a little story that Carrick Felix wants to play in the NBL again. Story by Boti Nagy

Reply #703752 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's odd Carrick Felix only announced his retirement a few weeks ago.

Reply #703753 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Who is #10 for the Wildcats? He's nailed the old Wildcats hip-check screen perfectly - thought it was Greg hire at first!

I wasn't expecting much from McVeigh, so he has surprised me thus far. His movement and size actually reminds me a lot of Mark Worthington.

Froling has looked ok, but needs to start making all those close range shots he's missing. Haven't seen much evidence of his outside range yet either.

Still not sold on Deleon - his ball-handling is fine, but I haven't seen much evidence to suggest he can either finish in traffic or fill it up from deep. Sobey is going to have to have some season if the Sixers want to compete for the playoffs!

Reply #703755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This on NBL TV?

Reply #703757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Zodiac, not really much said in the article on Carrick Felix, but here:

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/wildcats-clean-up-36ers-again/

Reply #703761 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

These are the fill in players for the wildcats

0 Lochlan Cummings: Most fans will be familiar with Lochie. The Wildcats development player made his debut at the end of the 2017/18 season. The sharp-shooter is lethal from three-point range and just last weekend scored 23 points as Perry Lakes won the SBL Championship.

9 Isaiah Lee: Isaiah Lee is an athletic defensive guard out of the AIS. He has a high basketball IQ and fans can look forward to seeing his speed on display, especially in the open court. Originally from NSW, the 18-year-old represented Australia at the Under-18 FIBA Asia Cup this year, averaging 6.0 points per game.

10 Kyle Bowen: Another 18-year-old out of the AIS, Kyle Bowen is a hard-working, blue-collar team player. Expect to see him doing the little things on both ends of the court. He averaged a double-double at the recent Under-18 FIBA Asia Cup. Bowen is another product of WA basketball.

32 Jonathon Morse: The 203cm power forward has been training with the Wildcats this pre-season, after completing the SBL season as an import for the East Perth Eagles. The American attended Metro State University in Denver (where Jesse Wagstaff and Nick Kay played college hoops). He's a big body and fans can expect to see him battle hard in the paint.

34 Wani Swaka Lo Buluk: An athletic, slashing, driving, defensive wing who can guard multiple positions. Swaka Lo Buluk is just 17 and has already made his mark on the world stage, representing Australia at the recent Under-17 World Championships. Another WA product who came through the Stirling basketball program.

40 Bryan Michaels: The newest Perth Wildcats development player, Bryan is the son of Dewey - who played 61 games for the Wildcats between 1998 and 2000. Michaels is a product of the Lakeside Lightning, and in the recent SBL season averaged 16.4 points, shooting at 44% from down town.

44 Sunday Dech: Dech is a former development player who was a part of the 2014 championship winning squad. Since the he played college basketball in the United States before recently returning to Perth where he played out the SBL season for Rockingham. This season, the athletic wing is joining the team as a training player.

Reply #703765 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Probably the ugliest game of professional basketball I've ever seen. It doesn't get a whole lot more raw than that. I think Frolling is going to be fine once he starts finishing those shots, which I think he eventually will. McVeigh looked fine. Wiley is going to be one of the better players in the league. Deleon is ass and I hope he's on the first plane home.

Reply #703767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the replay today,
McVeigh and Froling will be fine once they have the main players back in the lineup.
DeLeon is only controlling the teamwork,won't score much,bench player for my liking.
Another Ebi Ere mark2.Joey won’t fire him,
If Sixers can beat Melb syd nz they will make finals,my tip 5th
Perth will finish 3~5th on ladder.

Reply #703768 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry didn't get to see the game.
How did the young/development players for Adelaide go?
Did Lewis Thomas hit the court?

Reply #703787 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Box scores

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/young-guns-star-in-pre-season-win

McVeigh looking like a quality pick up.

Deleon 8 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 turnovers in 20 minutes. He was 2/7 from the field and 4/5 from foul line

Reply #703791 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Most of Deleons 8 points were when he was being guarded by an 18 year old fill in. I think he's going to struggle this season.

Reply #703794 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

On the plus side; Steindl and Vague have looked promising, and Hire has been grabbing some boards.
On the worrying side, Hire and (to a lessor extent) Martin have looked out of touch offensively. Hire can be a good role player, with his amped up D and grabbing boards, he need to have enough offensive touch to stop opposition team simply ignoring him.
Also, Cats play best when Martin is also hitting.

Reply #703866 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Steindl always looks promising in pre season.

Reply #703869 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"Perth will finish 3~5th on ladder"

Ok, name 2~4 teams you think will finish above Perth.
(And don't make me laugh by saying Sydney)

Reply #704081 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

The anon is allowed their opinion Dazz you have no problem sharing yours.
Perth will in my opinion finish 3rd behind Melbourne and Sydney.

Reply #704083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754