Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Round 1 crowd figures?

Do we have official numbers from last nights games?

Will be interesting to see what Sydney draws vs Adelaide on Saturday.

Topic #44023 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

5,157 for NZ game, you can normally get them off Aus stadiums a few hours after each game, Hawks crowd looked solid tonight.

https://www.austadiums.com/

Reply #708070 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Austadiums only post crowd figures if they're available on the NBL match report. No other source. They dont go into much research for NBL attendances despite being a sports website with a specific emphasis on attendances...

Why do the Sixers never publish their crowds? The crowds they get look healthy so why hide it?

Reply #708082 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Sydney have 7 sections of the upper deck on sale as of Friday night. Expect at least 12,000.

Reply #708083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks crowd look poor, almost completely empty behind the baseline above the camera arc at one end and the other end completely empty with the curtain still there. For an opening game with a new team .... pretty shit turn out

Reply #708114 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hawks vs United - 2,688

Reply #708130 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Hawks v United tv ratings 23k on Fox Sports 506

Reply #708136 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Illawarra look to be going the direction of Townsville in my humble opinion. There may come a time where there is literally no other choice but to let them go.

Reply #708141 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

^ i blame slow starts to the season on AFL trade week. Until the afl season is well and truly over and there is barely anything to report, then other sports like the NBL can get a bit more promotion and hopefully more viewers. Also despite the NBLs efforts, the start of the season is relatively unknown to a lot of people. Shame only 23k watched an absolute classic match though. And only 2600 at the game.

Reply #708142 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am not sure how much ratings matter at the moment. I think 23K is around the average over the past few seasons anyway. What I think does matter more for the moment is crowd figures.

Reply #708144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most people in the Illawarra region don't even no what afl is, trade week got nothing to do with it.

Reply #708147 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Is there an NRL equivalent? Slow starts to the season can be attributed to the football codes still winding down (or ramping up as trade week is huge in the afl markets). This adfects mainly media support and what gets reported on first, which in effect flows into poor crowds and TV ratings early on.

Reply #708148 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

23K is a decent average figure for the NBL on Fox, I think last year the average average audience was in the 15-20K mark. I would be interested to see what the peak audience was last night late in the game.

Reply #708149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is paper about nrl but no trades, draft, got thrown out years ago restriction of trade. It looked a larger crowd than last season. The local paper(Mercury) is always giving it time, so hopefully the crowd will grow. Not lot money down there even though it is a beautiful area. As much as basketball is a great sport it still minor in news cycles in Australia.

Reply #708166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rugby league had NZ AU international game today.

Reply #708314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has broken the round 1 attendance record.

Well done and still room for improvement, particularly in Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand

Attendances for Opening Round:

New Zealand v Brisbane - 5,157

Adelaide v Perth – 5,836

Illawarra v Melbourne – 2,688

Sydney v Adelaide – 10,761

Brisbane v Cairns – 3,196

Melbourne v NZ – 8,329

Perth v Illawarra – 12,853

Total: 48,820

Reply #708613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you think that Hobart, (southern huskies) can't get a licence to the nbl rumoured because not large enough population base yet they 4000 to a seabl semi final it doesn’t look to bad compared to the above crowd figures.

Make the huskies the tenth team.

Reply #708619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers got 3000+ people at their semi game not 4000+. Mybe the Huskies should by the Hawks licence.

Reply #708623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never said 4000+ you did, it was a lot closer to 4000 than 3000+ you did,I was there, I believe it was very close to 3800.
If they have the finances they should be allowed in...

Reply #708631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754