Curtley
Years ago

Bogut: Talented, divisive, driven.

The big read in Sydney's Good Weekend magazine.

A good read.

smh.com.au/sport/basketball/talented-divisive-driven-andrew-bogut-is-back-and-ready-to-play-20181008-p508br.html

Topic #44030 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

Thanks for the link. A very interesting article about Bogut.

I understand the way Bogut has become polarising in his media personality, but I never understood the issue with him being open and expressing opinions, whether he is a famous athlete or not. It is much better to be expressive and engage in debate than to conceal controversial or unpopular opinions and leave those opinions untested. Twitter isn't exactly a good forum for debate, but it's better than nothing. I like his approach of taking stances on an issue-by-issue basis, not taking on a prescribed set of opinions that follow a particular political 'tribe'. I bet fans here that have reduced him to a dumbass and such in the past would probably also have randoms labelling them the same if they were as open in expressing opinions and as scrutinised as Bogut is.

Bogut is already a legend in Australian basketball and hopefully we will see him prosper in the NBL and in future major tournaments with the Boomers.

Reply #708140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pizzagate. That is all.

Reply #708164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rjd he's just not that bright.

Reply #708315 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754