Anonymous
Years ago

Where do you rank Melo Trimble?

That was one of the most impressive debuts I can remember. Not just the 32 points on efficient numbers, but the way in which he did it. It felt like he could get whatever he wanted and that he was in control.

The burst of quickness he had was tough to stop and he made some very impressive passes too.

My question is, is he right up there with the best guards in the league? Your Randle, Ware, Cotton calibre?

If so, Cairns could push for a playoff berth.

Or was it just because he was playing a Brisbane team without an elite PG?

Topic #44042 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very impressive. But have to wait and see what he can do against the better defensive guards.

Reply #708426 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Brisbane suck ass so I wouldn't worry about his numbers against them. Good signs but give it a couple of games before ranking him.

Reply #708433 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Once we have seen him against Cotton, Randle and Ware we can give a better answer.
Still a great debut though.

Reply #708434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhhhh Jason Cadee defensive skills hurting Brisbane now - I had to watch that useless turd for 4 seasons

Reply #708436 | Report this post

John Fairs  
Years ago

Yeah that hesitation step made the defence look very silly. Bairstow got burned twice in a minute. Just has to find a more consistent jump shot.

Reply #708438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Cotton will get the job on Mello, more likely Martin and Norton. Mello didn’t look that good in preseason but if he keeps that standard up it’ll be great watching.

Reply #708442 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Trimble is smarter than just on-court smarts. Figures that he plays well against Bullets,LeManis recruits him next year and he's a shoe in for NBA following year alla Cairns/Brisbane/NBA route by Craig & Trice.

Reply #708455 | Report this post

ct  
Years ago

impressive but need to see how he matches up against a real team. Brisbane sucked balls last night, vukona and Gliddon the only ones with smarts on the team.

Reply #708457 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

How bad is Cadee though

Reply #708462 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cadee as your starting point guard..good luck Brisbane.

Reply #708467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee isn't NBL quality but lucky for him there are two clueless franchises in the league.

Reply #708483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOAT

Reply #708518 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I love Melo, he was lightning quick but also didn't seem like he was rushing and let the game come to him so whilst it was against Bullets, I think Trimble will be better come the end of the season than at the start.

I'd pick him ahead of Ware but still behind Cotton, Randle, Lisch and Cedric (surely he has to show who he really is soon because this pretender is awful - this week's matchup will be telling) but I think I'm biased as he is in my fantasy team so everything Trimble is all rosey so far.

Reply #708914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754