Jack Toft
Years ago

Snakes v Sixers Oct 26

Sixers (2:2) travel to Cairns as part of the first leg of their largest road trip.

Cairns (1:1) have this game, then will look to knock off Sydney in Sydney on Sunday.

I'm not 100% sure we have seen enough of Cairns to know if they are going to kill this season, or be killed. A healthy Jawai will trouble any team and the Bogie man will be tested on Sunday. Loughton just seems to go on and on in this league. He has made a silk purse out of a sow's ear and continues to perform at the highest level.

It is games like this that the Sixers will need to get if they are aiming for top 2.

This will be a tough game and the humidity will work in Cairns' favour. I'm thinking the Sixers depth and tempo might just get this one on the road.

Sixers by 8

Topic #44135 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Psalm 5:3

Reply #711082 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

We'll dispose o' the posers

Reply #711083 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Moore isn't travelling with the team.

Reply #711087 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cairns are my pick in this one.
They would want to bounce back after the loss there to Brisbane.
Adelaide can cover the loss of Moore though.

Reply #711097 | Report this post

Troppo  
Years ago

I think the loss was to the Hawks .
MY first home game of the season so all in on the Taipans
Hope Joey is ready for some grief .

Reply #711102 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Yep my mistake they did lose to the Hawks.

Reply #711105 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Stop being so polite, this is an internet forum for God's sake

Reply #711106 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Stop being so polite, this is an internet forum for God's sake

yeah, but there's this 6'3" bloke with dandruff .....

Reply #711115 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

*Also I didn't mean to capitalise the 'G' on 'god', phone did that automatically

Reply #711122 | Report this post

Troppo  
Years ago

How did you know I had Dandruff ?
I am 6'4" in shoes too .

Reply #711124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For Christ's sake Manu, who cares?

Reply #711125 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well I'm 6'5".

This is fast becoming worse than the Bullets v Perth thread.

Reply #711127 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha Jesus H Christ, Paul. I guess you're right. Shouldn't matter

Reply #711128 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Tend to agree with you Manu. Cairns pretenders. Adelaide much better than their 2-2 record tends to suggest, noting those losses were to Perth and Melbourne and even then they were competitive. Moore loss not a big deal - he's a good player but not having much of an impact yet this season while Teys (can't believe I'm about to type this) has actually been playing well.

Reply #711134 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'll be really keen to see if Trimble goes off for another big game or if we're able to slow him down a little.

Moore is a tough out for us but I would still expect us to get up, we usually seem to play well up in Cairns.

Reply #711167 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Taipans win the first quarter by 8, and somehow it feels like it should have been a lot more. No rhythm at all to the 6ers play.
Very correctable though.

Reply #711196 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I wish these Sixers had shown up for the two Sydney games.

Reply #711197 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Must be the 36ers worst quarter of the year so far!

Reply #711198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns has been relatively exciting to watch so far

Reply #711199 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Come on Taipans.
DKD and Teys start lol

Reply #711200 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

"Less action than a white crayon!"
How can you not love Trigger's commentary?

Reply #711201 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

This little fool in the Lowry singlet is starting to grind my gears

Reply #711202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow the 6ers are not looking good. Another upset on the cards?

Reply #711203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live it looked like a shove from Walker, on replay though that's a flop lol

Reply #711204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how Adelaide fans criticise so many players for flopping. What a joke!

Reply #711206 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

SOFTEST unsportsmanlike foul. Garbage call smh man

Reply #711207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao how was that unsportsmanlike

Reply #711208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every Adelaide player has rockets in there shoes, one little touch and their launched. Floppers all of them.

Reply #711209 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Some of the 6ers players still seem to have gone to the Italian soccer diving (flopping) school. And some of the calls are soft!!!!!

Reply #711210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with flopping in this league is it gets rewarded so often, even on fkn slowed down replays like that. If refs stop calling fouls on flops players won't be doing it as much.

On the flip side though sometimes refs don't call fouls that are there and so players flop to put emphasis on legit fouls.

Problem with flipping comes down to the reffing imo.

Reply #711211 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, that Walker unsportsmanlike was one of the dumbest yet, especially considering the review as well. Didn't even warrant a review, the refs 100% just responded to the Sixers' reactions.

Reply #711213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the refs should learn what a backcourt violation is, before they can worry about if players are trying to trick them

Reply #711218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Tragardh two night in a row. And numnuts Wortho to boot.

I'd rather listen to a full game of First Ever ads.

Reply #711221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand why they have so much of some commentators and less than others. Alll we seem to see is Homocide, heal and Tragardh

Reply #711222 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

I guess 4.5 secs is enough time for 36ers to tie up the game.

Reply #711225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide getting all the calls.

Reply #711227 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Why the hell was that a delay of game?

Reply #711228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs have lost this, flop and winge on every call and you get the calls.

Reply #711229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f*** I hate the way the NBL is officiated. They absolutely kill their product with this bs

Reply #711230 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Didn't see what Young did to get the tech, assuming he touched it when it went through the net.

Hell of a game for Sobey, but overall a D- grade for the officiating crew tonight.

Reply #711232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delay of game for touching the ball and directing to the baseline, not sure why Cairns would want to delay in that situation and I don't think that was delaying the game but ok

Reply #711233 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

hmm box score has stolen Sobey's triple double. Only 9 assists.

Reply #711234 | Report this post

Years ago

Sobey did not get a triple double. No way you get an assist from free throws. Stupid commentary.

Reply #711235 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

It pretty much fell into Young's hands, not sure what he was supposed to do

Reply #711236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble, one good game, the rest have been rubbish, plus doesn't defend. Jawai was fantastic, dkd did well, walker still looks injured.

Reply #711237 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Yeah that was the ugliest game of the year so far. It seems each round we're given two games that are of fantastic quality, one of two that are okay, and one that was a deadset stinker and this is the stinker. Gladly it wasn't on 9Go because it wasn't a great advertizement for the league.

Good news for the Sixers is they're unlikely to play that poorly again, so if they're able to will themselves to a win while literally everyone is playing shit, then you'd have to think they'll be up there this season.

Cairns really missed DJ Newbill. They might want to start looking for a replacement for Devon Hall as well because he does bugger all.

Reply #711239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Sobey did not get a triple double. No way you get an assist from free throws. Stupid commentary."

Actually, you do get assists for made free throws. Re the game, after quarter-time I thought it was a cracker. Thought it was well reffed until late in the piece, but unfortunately the two young refs got overawed in the pressure situation.

Still, Adelaide were the better team and deserved to win, they defended very well when it mattered and made the big plays at the other end. Sobey is just a super star, who knows how good he's going to get.

Reply #711244 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Sobey did not get a triple double. No way you get an assist from free throws. Stupid commentary.
When calling people stupid, it's a good idea not to be wrong.

Reply #711245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would seem like an assist is awarded after one made free throw... It should be two, surely.

Reply #711248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Sobey did not get a triple double. He must still have family up there on the stats bench. He was getting awarded assists left right and centre all night that he did not deserve. Seek "Sobeys" assist to a Drmic 3 with 5:40 to go in the final quarter. That young fella looks a lot like our power forward import :)

Oh and Loughton also swatted DJ with 4 minutes to go when drove to the hoop! HE ALSO LOOKS LIKE MITCH YOUNG :)

Reply #711250 | Report this post

Years ago

Ahhh I see its one of those stupid Fiba rules. My mistake.
My comment about stupid commentary still stands though.

If the player misses the first shot but makes the second does it still count as an assist?

Reply #711253 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No...pretty sure it's just if they make the first

Reply #711256 | Report this post

LOL 34 Free throws to 12 attempted

I would love to be an NBL referee.

All i would do is bet on games i officiate in, call everything and anything on the team i bet against and watch the team i bet on win.

It really is that simple.

Who will catch you?

Reply #711258 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Amazing how when fans from anywhere other than Perth critiscise the refs and the calls adelaide especially get its ok. As i have said before, when the refs fall for thise adelaide flails and they end up plus 20 im fta, they won't lose too many

Reply #711259 | Report this post

The TV ratings for this league are a farce.

Reply #711260 | Report this post

36ers are nothing special. It is just that the referees ADORE THEM.

34 Free throws to 12 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reply #711262 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

10 of those are from hacking the end of the game. Another 8-10 are from the different game styles played by the teams. And then throw in a few random calls which might go either way. Why does this need to be explained after every game?

Reply #711264 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Watching the game highlights video on YouTube (https://youtu.be/_PB3-S4BYFA) and shit, the clips starting at 0:35 and 1:07... if they aren't the haunting screams of tormented souls residing in hell...

Classic stuff

Reply #711269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The integrity initiative between BA/NBL/Government and every betting agency in the country (just like the AFL/NRL/NRU etc) that's how you get caught stupid.

Reply #711272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragardh and Worthington together was horrible. Worst commentary duo for a pro sport ever. WTF are you doing NBL? At least Casey was there with them.

Reply #711278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just the same annon throwing rocks at the commentary week in week out. No substance, just generalisations. Snooze

Reply #711290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win considering we shot so poorly and our high turnover rate in the first half. Although I think Joey went too heavy on the rotations in the first quarter - we had a bench five all playing together within 6 minutes of tip off!

I thought Froling was more aggressive and showed he can steal minutes from Deng, particularly against teams with physical bigs like Cairns and perhaps Perth. McVeigh looks awful though. I understand he's young but he’s way off the pace and been disappointing so far.

Reply #711299 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Fouls 31-19, MVP Mayberry!

Reply #711312 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cairns have shot 30 FTs the past two games and given their opponents 70. They've got to start defending. Trimble is a good offensive PG but he's got a lot of work to do defensively, and without Walker fully fit they don't have bigs who are great at defending the other side of the on-ball.

Reply #711315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble has only been good offensively in one game, he's a liability, likes pointing his arms on defence. Needs a rocket up his arse or move him on.

Reply #711319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of things from the game. How does loughton continue to get any minutes let alone starters minutes and rob lowe who is better gets hardly any court time.
Same thing for majok deng from adelaide, why is he even staying there when he could get 25 minutes a game somewhere else and put up decent numbers.
I just dont get the coaches in the nbl who give good players very few minutes.
Coneraad and wagstaff are 2 others that come to mind

Reply #711320 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Trimble has only been good offensively in one game"

Game 1 - 32p, 8/13, 3a
Game 2 - 28p, 8/15, 5a (6/9 triples)

That's two pretty handy offensive games, even with some bad turnovers in the second one.

Reply #711323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two games of witch they only won one, last night was woeful, imports are there to win you games especially at home. He's not getting it done, certainly on defence, defends worse than Cadee

Reply #711336 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'll take that as a yes ;-)

Reply #711339 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

In regards to Deng, he does seem to pick up cheap fouls which would likely restrict his minutes. Think he had four last night. Put him on too early and for too long and he may be fouled out quickly. The main issue Adelaide has is that Johnson is really a 4 not a 5, as is Deng and should be sharing minutes. Wiley is a 3/4 so there is not the balance of last season with Hodgson as a pure 5. Perhaps further down the track Froling will be able to be the starting centre and guard the Jawai's of the league as he certainly has the stronger body. He has also shown he can shoot the three so would still drag the centres outside. Deleon is a big worry with inconsistent shooting plus poor shot selection last night. However, his defensive work last night in part made up for it. Long tern, they cannot win a Championship with Deleon in an import position.

Reply #711341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754