Anonymous
Years ago

How United lost Bogut's signature

Great article here from Matt Logue. United wanted to "control the former NBA champion's intellectual property". WRONG decision. Bye Bye United hello Kings.
Crivelli talking it up but ultimately he was the one who wanted that part of Bogut.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/why-andrew-bogut-knocked-back-melbourne-united-to-become-the-sydney-kings-marquee-man/news-story/0fb7f2207ff8b9a4f2ef176dfcf2dceb

Topic #44199 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the publicity Bogut brings but I think people need to be wary about publishing every single thing he says. He talks a lot of shit.

Reply #713243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he replacing Ross Cameron on Sky News After Dark?

Reply #713244 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

243 Bogut says it as it is. Now what have you done in your life again. Do tell.

Reply #713247 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Doggr is right. We should never be critical of sport stars, on or off the court, because they are superior to us.

Reply #713248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're kind of proving my point, doggr. People decide that no matter what he says, he must be right just because he is a high profile athlete.

Reply #713249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay wall blocking the article

Reply #713252 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

He talks a lot of shit.
Very constructive of you. Any other shit you can tell us.

Reply #713260 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

As a United fan it's disappointing that we missed out on Bogut.

But, I'm a bball person first and a United person second. It's much better for the league that he's ended up in Sydney.

Reply #713265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Note to self. Don't criticise Bogut while doggr is on his period.

Reply #713267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boggut didn't go to Adelaide due to incorrect spelling.

Reply #713269 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No, he didn't go to Adelaide due to its lack of EFTPOS facilities.

Reply #713278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So bogut is lying about wanting to sign with his hometown team?

I have dealt with vincein seabl and bball in victoria numerous times when i use to play, and i would bet the house he tried to pull something dodgy.
Guy couldnt coach his way way out of a paper bag, and should keep on kissing larry everytime he sees him like he already does,that he evn has an admin job in basketball, period!

Reply #713297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Sydney neglect to pay out Bogut’s contract with Adelaide?

Reply #713463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut's not lying about anything with signing with Melbourne. Let you bias not cloud the truth. They couldn't reach and agreement based on Crivelli's offer. Read Kestleman. Nuff said.

Reply #713486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Bogut is now contradicting everything he previously said about why he joined Sydney?

Did he finally realise what a pile of shit he had talked?

He claimed in part that he chose Sydney because he didn't want to join a stacked team. I guess Sydney never got that memo.

Reply #714208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's quite surprising the rep that Crivelli has around the traps. The rep isn't good.

Reply #714220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blessing in disguise for United.
Sounds good to have Bogut around, but he rubs many people the wrong way and isn't exactly conducting himself like a leader in sydney, see his body language during timeouts and his dummy spit storm off at halftime of Monday’s game. He would be exhausting to have around.

Reply #714222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few months ago he said he had decided to give up on the NBA. What he didnt say is that decision was made for him. No team would have him, and not just because of injury concerns.

Reply #714224 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

To be fair on Bogues, it's good to see a bit of frustration from players when their team isn't performing... I'd have been pissed as well, it shows he's bought in and actually cares about winning... Either that, or maybe he could have been really busting and didn't want to get caught up with a half time interview...

Reply #714225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he is generally full of shit, but I'm surprised he hasn’t learnt how to hold it in.

Reply #714226 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

When you're that full of it holding it in becomes that much harder.

Reply #714257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut knocking is like Gaze knocking, easy to do key board warriors who are perfect. Both are outstanding servants to the game basketball in Australia.

Reply #714271 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I prefer the term keyboard artiste.

Reply #714320 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Big difference between Champion Player and Champion Coach
Just ask Gaze
Happens in all sports- think Russell Ebert with Port- Champion Player and expected all players to put in same commitment that he put in to achieve so much

Reply #714348 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Big difference between Champion Player and Champion Coach
Just ask Gaze
Happens in all sports- think Russell Ebert with Port- Champion Player and expected all players to put in same commitment that he put in to achieve so much

Reply #714349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not talking about Bogut's achievements or contribution to basketball. He’s a loudmouth whose opinions appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Reply #714358 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754