Chump
Years ago

Informative Australia V USA

Tommorrow morning its on cant wait should be a lot closer than everybody expects if we can clog the key up and play good man to man D. Hopefully duncan is still sick coz we need every advantage we can get!

Topic #442 | Report this topic

HOOPIN  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more they just gotto go back to basics and the old under 12 2-3 zone and make USA beat us from beyond the arc

Reply #3365 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Chump!

Man-to-man won't work on the USA! They play it all day, every day! Guys like Iverson and Marbury will tear Heal and Maher new As*s Holes! Did you see carlos Aroyo play against the US? He is FAST, resonably good player, and tore it up against the 1on1 D! The reason that the US aren't used to playing against the zone on Offence and Defence!

Let me get the coaching manual out of my bag!

Reply #3388 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Unfortunately as bad as the current USA team is we are just as bad in the same areas. We have good shooters who are collecting rare wood samples from there butts. Our highly touted Team D is nowhere to the level of the Euro teams (check out the Lithos D)

Plus the US are hurting and cant wait to absolutely spank someone - namely us. God I hope I'm wrong.

PS game is apparently 9:00pm tom night on 7

Reply #3414 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

That is my fear too, there might be a few Boomers requiring toothpicks to get some ball out of their teeth!

Reply #3416 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

totally agree tjr, god you are a good looking bloke, i saw you on saturday night.

Reply #3417 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Why thankyou did you like my Hot Pink getup??

I am replying in good faith on the premise that

a) you are speaking the truth

and

b) you are infact a woman

Go Boomers (added for relevance)

Reply #3433 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

tjr,
dont worry i am more woman than you could ever handle, and yes your hot pink get up did tickle my fancy....short neat hair....you look like a nice old school young man....watch out!!

Reply #3437 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

boomers r gonna upset them!

Reply #3447 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

as much as i want a boomers victory.......it ain't gonna happen

Reply #3452 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

If every one comes to play and has their eye in, anything could happen.
Going to have to play some awesome D though.

Reply #3549 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

some one shoot shane heal. stupid brian takes him off, we get lead back, puts him on and we start losing again. anyone else see a problem with that??? when will he learn to pass when he is getting his 3pointers blocked and they are all missing (2nd half folks). Nelson made a stupid move saying he got the foul when he put his hand up, someone else should have dont it to save him (this was like his 4th or 3rd foul).
GO PUERTO RICO

Reply #3813 | Report this post

captain BT  
Years ago

Brian G quote on the teams effort - on the FIBA web page

"I thought of how much we miss the great players of the old Australian guard in the fourth quarter, when we struggled to score, the Americans played good defense on Shane (HEAL) and I couldn't give him a rest. We also had Matt (NIELSEN) out with five fouls and Andrew (BOGUT) also in foul trouble. It was a little like the game against Greece. However, we did not go to the locker room with our heads hanging. The game against Puerto Rico was from the start our target, together with the one against Angola, to get to the final eight."

Well boys and girls i believe that is the proof of the lack of confidence BG has in Maher and the over-confidence he has in Heal. To wish he had Drewey back in the lineup while Maher and Rillie sat and watched in the last quater was a disgrace. This guys is a TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Reply #3829 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have to agree. If I was Maher, I would feel insulted. What more can he do besides get on and make his shots whenever given the opportunity? He has the stamina to last 40 minutes as he has regularly played 40+ for the Sixers.

vs Greece: 12 points (28 minutes), 4/6 FG, 3/3 FT, 3 steals.

vs Angola: 14 points (20 minutes), 5/6 FG, 2/2 FT, 3 rebounds.

vs US: 9 points (15 minutes), 3/7 FG, 3 rebounds.

Averaging 21 minutes per game, 11.5 PPG, 100% FT, 63% FG (#1 and #2 on the FG% list are Scola and Gasol with 70 and 65% respectively -- if Maher was given 8 shots a game, he'd probably be on that list!)

Shane Heal is shooting at 38%.

Even the Goorjian/Sydney fans on other forums are saying that Maher should be getting more time and shots. I've seen people defend Ronaldson's spot in the team, or defend Heal's time or shots, or Goorjian's calling of subs, but no one has said that Maher should not be given more time!

Reply #3835 | Report this post

baller09  
Years ago

i think that shane heal just takes too many tough shots. and against usa he took like 5 nba three pointers. unneccessary

Reply #3836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #47704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he wanted to get back in the league and failed

Reply #57853 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

what do u mean 5 "nba" 3 pointers, is their arc further out or something?

Reply #61320 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In case you're being serious, yes. About a metre or so.

Reply #61322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754