Interested
Years ago

South Coaches

Does anyone know if South have finalised their Div 1 Coaches.

I am hearing there have been a couple of late changes.

Topic #4421 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Robinson has gone to North to join Loveday and Schueller with the senior men

Reply #51400 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Late Changes? You mean they have recruited more of Southern's rejects?

Reply #51420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMG,

You have no idea how right you are!

Reply #51423 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

Hey BMG, "southern rejects", i think that ur just jealous that south haven't asked you. When these so called southern reject were running Tigers back in mid to late 90's Tigers were one of the strongest clubs in the state. If u had any idea of the program that South has in place for the next year or so, u wouldn't be making a statement like that.

Reply #51442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually NCT was strong because of Bev Chapman and all of the hard work she put in at the U/10 level.

When NCT won the State Junior Championship trophy they had appointed different coaching directors. And the other coaches and South were coaching div 2 and below.

And by improvemtns do you mean that south are going to be having kids turn up to train twice a week? Wouldn't matter, with the coaches they have. You can't win the Kentucky Derby if your riding a mule.

Reply #51444 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

I totally agree with the bev chapman thing. she was the biggest loss to that club.

if my memory serves me correctly it was those same coaching directors that also i would say asked but everybody at tigers knew better to leave.

The program is 100% better at South than it is a Tigers. The boys program is one big boys club.
(men in black) LMAO
R we meant to be scared

The girls program is well only one word can describe that. STUFFED. Example U14 Girls D1. Best u14 G team in the comp. Ladder didn't prove it. Yes girls improved but should have one everything. If they were taught new drills. Not the same stuff they all learnt as first years.

"You can't win the Kentucky Derby if your riding a mule" nice one very cute. NO REALLY

Reply #51446 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more sniping please. If you want to list the coaches who South have appointed, fine, but keep it factual.

Reply #51447 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

boys -
u12 Simon Crowden
u14 Don Shipway
u16 Craig Rowe
U18 Chas McCormick

Girls
u10 Lawson Brown
u12 John Beams
u14 Ryan Kinghorn
u16 Jason Brown
u18 D Crump

(Mod: Done. Keep any discussions constructive. This is directed at everyone - the fighting and sniping between basketball clubs in SA is really boring to watch.)

Reply #51448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope that Stats or OK then

South 16 teams in Finals
Southern 20 Teams in Finals

South 0 teams top
Southern 2 teams top

South 3 Div 1 teams in finals
Southern 5 Div 1 teams in finals

Note that 2 of the 3 South teams in finals had a southern teams finish above them.

Reply #51452 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Hahahaha

Reply #51453 | Report this post

Purple Man  
Years ago

Good stat.
GRAND FINAL EDITION
Southern 2 teams in GF
South 8 teams in GF

That is bad % for southern
Nearly 50% for South

"Southern 20 Teams in Finals"
"South 16 teams in Finals "

P.S whats the point of finishing top if you can't finish the job in finals

Reply #51455 | Report this post

Purple Man  
Years ago

Hahahaha

Reply #51457 | Report this post

Uncle Rico  
Years ago

What is the current 12B1 coach doing next year

Reply #51461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 Boys 4
14 Boys 5
16 Boys 4
16 Boys 5
14 Girls 3
18 Boys 2
21 Women 2

Shows that it is all fantastic over at South.

12 Boys 1 is a great result, but the coach who has done all the hard work here is not even coaching them next year!

So no it doesn't say much for their DIv 1 coaching appointments

Reply #51467 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

I was just wondering how 8 out of 16 is "nearly" 50%?

Reply #51472 | Report this post

June McKenzie  
Years ago

I thank you all for your concerns over South Adelaide junior coaching appointments. I ask where you all have been over the weeks while I have been busy finding and appointing coaches at the club.
I am 100% confident that all coaches appointed in their positions are happy with what they have got and are looking forward to the new season with lots of renew passion.Time will only show if I have got it wrong, but hey Im only "someones mum" what would I know about basketball.
While it is a thankless task coaching juniors for nothing all coaches should be given regonition for their time and effort that they put in to do this, regardless from which club you are at, have been at or are going to.Believe it or not coaches are not beating a stick at club doors asking for these positions.
As Isaac has suggested please leave bitching about each others coaches alone and put more energy into something positive.
On one final note,
I have 3 more teams that I need to have coaches for this coming season, if you have coached before and are prepared to have a older age group in the lower div's please contact me. I am sure Isaac could forward on any geniune responses.
June McKenzie
Vice-Pres:Junior Program
SABC

Reply #51473 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Purple Man wins. Swish.

Reply #51477 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

I was laughing at you all cuase your all a bunch of tools and the rest of the comp is probably laughing at you all too.
You are doing BOTH your clubs so proud!

Reply #51480 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

those south girls div 1 coaches really are all from NCT, could they not develop coaches from their own club??

Reply #51491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear abby williams is coaching U20 div 1 whats the deal with that, anyone who knows her and the u20s..... im to scared to admit who i am

Reply #51499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Linton Murdoch should have been apointed, he did very well with the players available to coach them to an "ok" season.. maybe he should be asked to take U18 div 2 boys this season as there is a shortage of good coaches

Reply #51502 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

June don't worry, I'm sure you know by now you will never please everyone. Just keep doing the hard work we all know you do and I'm sure you'll see the results in time. :-)

Reply #51507 | Report this post

Purple Man  
Years ago

Nicely said. June your doing a GREAT job

Reply #51509 | Report this post

woo hoo

Reply #51511 | Report this post

wayne beaumont  
Years ago

well said June

Best of luck Ryan - enjoy it

Reply #51565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig Rowe
Sad loss for the Tigers

Reply #51578 | Report this post

westside homie  
Years ago

the majority of south div 1 coaches need to improve their courtside demeanor - especially towards referees.

Reply #51582 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

Especially coaches who have refereed before. They should definately know better.

Reply #51584 | Report this post

westside homie  
Years ago

yes - it's atrocious isn't it.

more theatrics than the festival theatre

Reply #51592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re (#51578) - laughable

They also said that about the next U12, 16 boys and the U10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 girls coachs too when they left at one time or another... one persons trash is another treasure

Reply #51598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Southern Tigers are doing a SUPID thing letting the like of Craig Rowe
Go, if that is the case.

Reply #51599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

June, why are you appointing the coaches? Isn't that the job of the coaching director?

(Not having a go - but I think it's unusual for the CD not to appoint coaches)

Reply #51605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the coaching director also if Robbo has left who is the JDO?

Reply #51611 | Report this post

June McKenzie  
Years ago

Annon 51605,
I appreciate that you arent having ago.
Without trying to open myself up to be beaten up on this forum, the "I" collectively means the coaching committee of which I chair with the JDO's.
Yes I am down one JDO so that will be the next thing "I" will be looking for.

Reply #51612 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Hey Phantom, You say that South's program is 100% better than Southern's. The boys is just a boys club? and the girl's side is also STUFFED? Can you explain this to me then. Southern finished above South in 10 1s. Both Under 10 2a and 2b teams finished in the top 4. Under 12 1s 2s and 3s finished higher. You didn't have U 12 Div 3s. Under 14 1, 2s, 4s all finished higher. You get the Under 14 div 3s into the GF which is good. You then get Under 16s Div 1 which we finished 2nd last above us which you have previously stated that last year's 16 coach was doing a great job for us. Southern get Under 162s, u get the 3s because we didn't have a team. We get the Under 18 1s, 183s, 21 1s with you guys finishing higher 182s and 21 2s.

I might be wrong but if we are stuffed, then how do we summerize your program if we are ahead of you?. You made the choice about leaving Southern. You seem very angry towards Southern and I am not sure why. You need to channel that energy into your coaching and just move on. The only people that seem to worry so much about the Under 14 girls is you and your buddy. Yes the 14s had a couple of great players, but still did not have the guards ready yet to challenge for the top spot.They certainly didn't have the depth to make them a great side. I am sure in a couple of years they will once again be around the mark. Stop taking everything so personal and concentrate on your team next year. I am sure you can't wait until next season when Tigers plays South and you get the chance to show how well South's program has improved. See you then!

Reply #51614 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

thanks JDO of the girls at southern.

i have been involved with southern program since I was a jnr and i personally believe from experience that the program that south has implemented will be much more successful in the years to come.

i have no anger towards Southern, I am just disappointed at the treatment towards past coaches.

I look forward to the GREAT games ahead for this season.

Thanks Balfour

Reply #51625 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Talking to those in the know at Southern, Craig Rowe ummd and ahhd about what team he wanted to coach, and now has left for South. What the hell is going on? Does he miss coaching with other Southern coaches so much he also switched?

Reply #51663 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

Even though it appears that phantom is bitching, I think he has a point. The southern program will not improve with Balfour there. He worries too much about personality and not enough about ability, dedication or potential...

As for Craig Rowe, he is a fantastic coach and it is a real shame he has left Southern.

Reply #51671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You just ruined any credibility you have pickles, by saying Craig Rowe is a great coach. Only time will tell I suppose.

Reply #51679 | Report this post

pickles, how have hit the nail of the head!!!!!!!

Reply #51682 | Report this post

Old playa  
Years ago

Leave that guy at Southern alone. Southern are great for the competition. They at least offer a recruiting area for clubs like Sturt, South and the likes to take players those with potential and make them great players with the right coaching and program. This has been happening to Southern/Noarlunga for the past 10 years - nothing will change.

Reply #51683 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

Anonymous, speaking of credibility, create yourself a name and then come back and see me..

Thanks for the support Dan Hughes' love child.

Old player i believe that you are quite right. Many a decent player has left southern for other clubs especially sturt and south.

Reply #51687 | Report this post

Daniel Hughes  
Years ago

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Reply #51688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is becoming boring isn't it Daniel?

Reply #51702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ZZZZZZZZ Cum back to bed Daniel

Reply #51706 | Report this post

Daniel Hughes  
Years ago

Boring isn't the word I'd use.

Reply #51707 | Report this post

junior  
Years ago

Phantom,

Im interested to find out why you have been moved from the girls to the boys programme at south

Is there any truth to the rumour that you were looking to come back to southern this year ?

your comments above regarding the boys and girls programme at southern could be taken as sour grapes..any thoughts ?

Reply #51740 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

well..? ;)

Reply #51745 | Report this post

South Brunette  
Years ago

Sorry i am a bit late to reply anonymous, i don't see what you are getting at by brining up my appointment as the U20's coach.... What seems to be the problem....

Reply #52743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard along the grapevine that a current Eagle coach was offered a substantial incentive to come across and lead the club in the right direction. Would anyone from Pantherland like to comment further?

Reply #52756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No the story is that the eagles coach was leaving because he couldn't coach his daughter, he approached south and said what he wanted and what his wife wanted, but south had already filled those position wife other coaches. He wasn't offered a thing.

Reply #52769 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Actually he tried more than just South. Seems our Advertiser buddy search nearly all clubs to find a better deal.

Reply #52773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he causes more trouble than he is worth. His wife is a good coach though!!!

Reply #52774 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I guess he will have to follow another good team through and coach the 14s this year. His wife will be coaching the 16s in the summer season then assisiting in the main winter season.

Reply #52775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at which club

Reply #52785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville

Reply #52788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't talking about the girls program - that is all news to me.

Reply #52938 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754