age groups
Years ago

What changes are happening

Is it true this silly season will Start in October and end in december and the major season starts in February and ends around september. Are the cut off dates for going up a divison still dec 31 each year. As I have a boy (2nd year 14) that will still be 12 turning 13, Dec next year and is supposed to go to u16 (next year) cause he was born in 93.

Topic #4423 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, they would be the same, the seasons are only being changed due to the Commonwealth Games.

Reply #51438 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

Nothing has been changed in Juniors due to Commonwealth Games.

There is a meeting next week where the seasons will be voted on by the clubs.

age groups : It will not matter what seasons are decided upon, your son will have to go to U16 for any season which finishes in 2007.

Reply #51440 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

I have also heard that the silly season will consist of about 8 rounds and then break off for christmas and come back with the winter season. Is there anyone out there that knows what is going on?
As for your son, unfortunately the clubs will probably not change their age rules and he is stuck where he is. I know from personal experience how hard it will be to play basketball against kids who are two years older than him but keep on encouraging him to play and develop his skills, it will get easier as he gets older.
Has anyone heard the rumor that for the silly season U16 3,4,5 Boys will be played on a Saturday morning? I have and would like to know more.

Reply #51775 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Misty 1/3. Not bad for you.

Reply #51776 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

RJ,
Instead of making snide little comments how about you elaborate on the issues raised on this thread. If you don't know anything about it then shut up.

Reply #52903 | Report this post

moi  
Years ago

i wouldnt think they r changing the age thingo but fell for my friend he was born on 31st of decemba and plays u16 bcoz of a few hours, well i guess there is always gonna be a cut off point and the end of the year is a great place to start.

Reply #64220 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754