Senator11
Years ago

Babies/children paying to attend games?

What's the deal with babies/children attending NBL games and fees? I regularly see babies with their little ear muffs coming to games and presumed they were free up to a certain age like when you go to a footy game. I've just received an email from the Wildcats to become a "Wildcubs" member for your future child and the age brackets are 0-2 and 2-3, charging $75. This is a load of horseshit if you have to pay for a child that is not going to take up a seat. Wanted to know if anyone with kids can comment on how it works? We're due to have our first child in 2019 and my wife and I plan to take our child every now and then.

Topic #44230 | Report this topic

Perf Werld  
Years ago

It states quite clearly that 'Children under the age of three enter Perth Arena free of charge provided they are not occupying a seat.'
I guess literacy in the west still has some catching up to do.

Reply #714248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It could be a token membership with a little tshirt or maybe ability to get first rights to a future seat. Generally kids under 3-4 are free, at least in Adelaide.

Relax with the horseshit!

Reply #714249 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up, couldn't find anywhere on the membership page that stated 'Children under the age of three enter Perth Arena free of charge provided they are not occupying a seat', when I looked. Pretty happy with my level of literacy too, thanks for the backhanded comment...some people...

Reply #714253 | Report this post

Perf Werld  
Years ago

Of course you are happy with your level of literacy, you are a moron!

Reply #714261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can take as many children into Perth Arena as you want for free, providing they fit in to your A4-sized bag.

Reply #714262 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Free up until the age of 3 at Cairns Convention Centre - as long as you are not occupying a seat

Reply #714266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Perf Werld, chill out a little. Relax.

Reply #714267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We've taken our 6-month old to 2 Kings games this season and weren't asked for a ticket for her on either occasion. Bit limited in what we could take in for her though as bags are limited to 30cm x 30cm x 30cm size.

Reply #714281 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Of course the Wildcats have baby memberships, they even do ones for pets.

Reply #714323 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

couldn't find anywhere on the membership page that stated 'Children under the age of three enter Perth Arena free of charge provided they are not occupying a seat', when I looked.
Were you looking with your eyes?

Reply #714342 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Hey dickhead, the email does not look like that, nor does it say anywhere in it that children under 3 are free. All it says is what you get for your $75, seems like this forum is full of keyboard warriors who's hobbies involve being wankers online to make them feel good about their own shitty lives.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/d8Ay4Qf.png[/img]

Reply #714345 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

*whose

Reply #714346 | Report this post

Europa 95  
Years ago

Member Counter

Home
Packages
Member Benefits
Seating & Pricing
Important Info

Wildcubs

Click to enlarge
We would like to welcome your newest addition to our Wildcats family. Sign up your biggest little Perth Wildcats fan today!
A Wildcub is classified as anyone who is 3 or under! This exclusive membership provides Wildcubs the opportunity to attend all Perth Wildcats home games.
Inclusions
Membership Pack including: member card, lanyard, badge, bumper sticker and season fixture magnet
0-2 Year Olds
Wilbur Baby Comforter
Milestone Cards
2-3 Year Olds
Wilbur Height Chart
Wilbur Frisbee
*Only valid for children aged three or under. Children under the age of three enter Perth Arena free of charge provided they are not occupying a seat. **Post-game member's functions and exclusive member’s only functions subject to availability and capacity restrictions.
NEW MEMBER PRICING
Wildcubs Membership
$75.00
Buy Now

© Copyright 2018 by Perth Wildcats. All rights reserved.

Reply #714353 | Report this post

Europa 95  
Years ago

See above, the email as posted by the Wildcats. It pays to read the complete document so maybe your the "dickhead" Senator11.

Reply #714357 | Report this post

fan of koberulz  
Years ago

*you're

Reply #714364 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

You're obviously all too retarded to read the link I attached for the email "I" received.

Reply #714366 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's not what quotation marks are for.

Reply #714367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you want to take a kid under 3 in the first place

Reply #714369 | Report this post

Perf Werld  
Years ago

Clearly you are unaware of the cost and quality of babysitters in Perf!

Reply #714372 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lack of quality*

Reply #714377 | Report this post

Perf Werld  
Years ago

@Senator11

You have a go at other forum members calling them dickheads and keyboard warriors, yet you clearly can't read emails and websites and can't grasp the concept of basic grammar.

What can you expect from a Perth supporter?

But who cares hey? You guys are too busy polishing your 8 championship trophies!

Reply #714384 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Hey Senator11, do you want me to drop another quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

Don't fret, I've been owned by so many even the Vinnie's clothes bins reject me.

At least you now have an answer to your question.

Reply #714388 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Why would you want to take a kid under 3 in the first place"

This was my initial thought as well. It's what bogans do for whatever reason.

Reply #714390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez, has KR invited all his fellow members of the Anal Douchebag club?

The email from the Wildcats says nothing about there being Free Entry to the Arena normally. In fact, it tends to imply the opposite. It clearly states that free entry is part of the package. The clear inference being that you have to buy a $75 membership to bring your baby.

Reply #714395 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You mean "implication", not "inference".

Reply #714397 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wildcats angling for money? Standard.

Reply #714398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It says at the start that "this membership provides wildcubs with the opportunity to attend all Perth wildcats home games"

I can see how someone has inferred that this means you need the membership to get in"

Reply #714401 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Each to their own I don't take my youngest son who is 2 in a couple of months I don't think he is ready yet.

If I did take him that wouldn't make me a bogan as some troll has said in this thread.

So many keyboard warriors out there.

Reply #714409 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I said it's what bogans do. They'll take babies even a few months old to a game because they want to go out and hope the child sleeps with ear muffs on. Selfish. The fact you're thinking about it and waiting to see when the age is right implies otherwise.

Reply #714415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good work everyone - an excellent thread!

Reply #714460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Up to 4 before needing a ticket at Illawarra.

Reply #714499 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It says at the start that "this membership provides wildcubs with the opportunity to attend all Perth wildcats home games"

I can see how someone has inferred that this means you need the membership to get in"
And if OP had made that argument, instead of flying off the handle with a profanity-laden rant when it was pointed out that thirty seconds of research would have answered his question, we could've had that discussion. But if you act like a toddler, there's just no point engaging.

It's impossible to actually buy one of these without going through the page I posted upthread, so I don't think they're actually going to catch anyone, but it does seem strange to list entry to the venue as a benefit and not have the disclaimer in the email.

Reply #714536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wanted to know if anyone with kids can comment on how it works?"

When a man loves a woman....

Reply #714537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754