DP
Years ago

Any Development Players looking like future NBL material yet

The thought came to me after looking my team (the Breakers) and seeing each of our development play less than 5 minutes total this season - with none of them getting a field goal. Are any other team's DPs showing more promise? If so, who?

Topic #44342 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christian Jurlina, probably unlucky to miss out this year, at Cairns this season after Sydney last season, Sydney boy missed out to at Sydney due to all Melbourne picks in Sydney.

Reply #718088 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sam McDaniel probably unlucky not to make an NBL roster.

Reply #718089 | Report this post

Dr. basketball  
Years ago

What are development players exactly?

Reply #718096 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"What are development players exactly?"

Training meat and towel wavers, generally with well off parents who can afford to support them while they train full time with no payment

Reply #718202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put some respect on what they do. It's a legitimate grind.

Reply #718203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development players get paid minimum of 10g and up to 20g, most do it because they love the game and hopefully get list like so many have previously.

Reply #718206 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I wasn't disparaging them. The reality is that the majority of their time is spent being training meat and waving a towel. The payment is also relatively new isn't it? I know guys that were DP's and didn't even get petrol money. They still did all the training though

There's a pathway there to one day make a roster but it's a tough gig

Reply #718245 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

DPs get paid, TPs however don't and are the real whipping boys.

Reply #718282 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I like the look of Sunday Dech. Think he might sneak onto a roster fulltime next season

Reply #718487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754