Luuuc
Years ago

Betting: WNBL Round 8

I love what the Perth Lynx have done this season so no disrespect to them, but the UC Capitals don't deserve to be $3.07 against anyone right now IMO.

Topic #44391 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

Boomers were perhap on the travel weary side of things last week @Canb but this time Caps should have more players than just Griffin bring some effort across with them. If it can nudge out to 3.15 & 6.5 (5.5 currently) then I might be interested.

Reply #719922 | Report this post

Aussiedownunder  
Years ago

Are there any injuries Ash that you know about for Canberra? I agree mate, the Capitals should give the Lynx a very good game tonight.

Reply #719926 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Doesn't appear any mention of anyone in doubt for that game, Aussie.

Reply #719934 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Canberra were briefly out to 3.50 & +7 near game time.

Today;

Melbourne Boomers -3.5 @ 1.99

Finally rested after eight games last month. Fire have stepped up lately and off a soft win Friday but third consecutive trip to Vic has got to take the edge off. I can easily see Boomers bringing their best today.

Reply #719979 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Crazy game last night. Part track meet, part demolition derby. 17 minutes of Caps dominance, including a long stretch where they were able to rest Griffin without the lead being eaten into, followed by a 17-4 Lynxkrieg to end the half (most of which had Griffin stuck on the sidelines due to a cut to the head). And then the second half was just a war. Canberra's perimeter shooting deserted them after half time - plenty of open looks for good shooters but they were not dropping. I'd have to say that there were some moments of home cooking mixed in there as well which didn't help Canberra's cause either. (They really need to do better with how they deal with it though. Petulance has never struck me as the best approach with refs).
Strange ending with Canberra opting not to foul Perth despite plenty of time on the clock and only a 4 point margin.
Positives to take out of it for both teams IMO.
Canberra probably should have won, and actually I almost feel like they were purposely holding back a bit by not making more use of Griffin offensively. Leilani is starting to look more like her usual self. With Tolo expected back next Sunday, look out.
Perth should be rapt with how they turned that around. It was looking like a slaughter for a while there but they kept at it. Mansfield starting to make an impression - she hit some big shots.
Somehow the Lynx found an announcer who can yell even louder into the mic that the previous guys. Eardrums still recovering this morning.

Reply #719985 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Regards attitude towards refs, box scores & the scoreline itself reads like Bendigo still had the sooks with them - Turner teched out mid Q3 in that game. The best thing Pritchard should have done was not publicly make the "we won that game" comment but instead keep it in-house and use it to regroup and motivate his players (I shouldn't have thrown the coffee cup at the TV either, IMO).

Thanks for the report, Luuuc.

Reply #719988 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Bendigo Spirit -5 @ 1.98

I like the chances that they will refocus for a needed win to look after that finals position. Bunton and Wilson reportedly not playing and not all their roster seems in the best of season form. Spirit advantage on the boards and bench minutes, plus all players were under 25mins Friday night.

Reply #720003 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Did you take it?

Reply #720011 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

(the Caps +7)

Reply #720012 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I hesitated a minute too long and ended up staying out but was going to have half at the 3.50 anyway. When they were up 15 I was thinking that's precisely the way a losing streak always goes.

Reply #720016 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sunday:

Adelaide Lightning 2.36 & +3 @ 1.90

At home and in front of a bigger and more spirited than usual home crowd is good enough for this should they carry though on a recent focus lift, IMO. Only meeting was a four point Rd2 win to Caps, a long time ago now, with a rusty Mitchell first game back, while Alexander missing for Lightning (RB51-35, OB21-3), in a game where Lightning led most of the way despite Coffey sitting for two quarters from early foul trouble, before Griffin hauled the Caps over the line. Caps coming off a fast start close loss but a game that seemed to stamp Lynx as the superior team, despite Griffin just 29:02. Lightning carried forward from a strong loss @Melb to reel in Rangers minus Laney but who put on a 68% Q1 onslaught, while Coffey again in foul trouble (14:47). Bench minutes Friday were Adel-70, Canb-58, with a couple of Caps starters playing big minutes. All in all I give Lightning a strong chance today and have marked them the very slight favorite.

Reply #720093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754