Air Delay
Years ago

6th Man of the Year?

In what is possibly the best season of NBL EVER & with our player pool showing tremendous depth, who's in the running for 6th man of the year?

McCarron, Kennedy or Pledger?
Kickert?
Gibson?
Norton?
Froling?
Jett, Anderson or Coenraad?
Richard or Weeks?

So many good candidates & many that may be ruled out due to too many starts, but my initial thoughts would be one of UTD's guns or my man Jett.

Thoughts hoopers?

Topic #44578 | Report this topic

Porky  
Years ago

Teys.

Reply #726138 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Steindl won't win but it's good to have him in the conversation this year after his struggles last season.

It's a bloody good question about who is 6th man of the year this year with so many teams going with differing starting lineups throughout the season.

I think Vukona has been great for the Bullets off the bench this year as has Richard for Breakers. Coenraad may not have had as good as season as I remember but he seems to influence a lot of results.

But my pick is Rueben Te Rangi... the kid has played like a man this season and I think he will pick up atleast 2 awards this season (along with Most Improved player... but could be in a championship team)

Reply #726172 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Weeks and Richard are too inconsistent, Jett should be winning this race right now without doubt

Reply #726193 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Vukona ahead of Coenraad and Kickert for mine.

Reply #726198 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Yeah @ Proud, if Brisbane keep their form, gotta give Vukona credit. He's productive, efficient & inspirational!

Reply #726203 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Note sure about starting and coming off the bench games.

Norton has only really been good when he was starting so don't think he's in the running.

McCarron I would say straight off the bat, but he's started a lot too when Goulding and Kennedy were injured or coming back from injury.

Richard from NZ has been very good off the bench, consistency his issue.

If Jett comes off the bench for the rest of the season he's a legit chance.

Reply #726536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen

Reply #726930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754