LC
Years ago

Big Day for Aussies in NBA - Broekhoff busts out!

Can;t believe nobody else mentioned it here...massive day for Aussies in the NBA!

Joe Ingles 16 points fotr Jazz in win, Exum was great with 4 points and 5 assists until he did his ankle...

Patty Mills had a good one for the Spurs with 15 points & 4 assists...and...

All three Aussies in 76ers vs Mavs shootout starred!

A triple double for Simmons (20/14/11), 11 & 9 Bolden who started, and a career-high 15 points & 3 assist for Broekhoff!

81 Aussie points, just shy of the all-time Aussie record of 86 on the one day set on 4 Jan 2018.

And Baynes missed due to injury, as did Delly, and Thon Maker was a DNP-CD!

More on Broekhoff here:

How Ryan Broekhoff's mindset led to a career night in Philadelphia

Topic #44585 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

Ryan is the real deal, those highlights were a pleasure to watch.

Reply #726391 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Was actually surprised they waited so long to inject him again. Hopefully it will get him a few mins in the next game.

Reply #726399 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Doesn't the NBA have a policy against PEDs?

Reply #726452 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Thanks for this LC. I thought it must have been close to most points scored. It would have to be the best day as far as overall contribution to team performances if we included all statistical categories.

Reply #726469 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

"81 Aussie points, just shy of the all-time Aussie record of 86 on the one day set on 4 Jan 2018."

That's adorable. How cute.

Reply #726471 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes, I agree. I too was surprised by how long he took to get meaningful minutes (And still surprised it has only come because of injuries/unavailability).

From memory, he was signed for quite a mid-term, good money contract (I recall 3 years?) - so as he was signed as a player who it looked like they expected to contribute straight away, his lack of playing time was weird.

He was getting spot minutes as if he was on a non-guaranteed deal.

Alas, he may feature more regularly now.

Reply #726512 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well LC, your posts are always welcome, however don't be surprised these days that you come up with these gems.

The level of play and amount of Aussies in the national/international basketball environment these days is just so big that I believe people can't keep up with it all, certainly us working people who are not always onto the hoops news all day anyhow...

Reply #726517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #726598 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

29 minutes for 12 points against Cleveland - good to see

Reply #732462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice, so between Ingles, Exum, Mills, Simmons, Bolden, Broekhoff and Creek, the Aussies dropped 81

Reply #732464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754