Anonymous
Years ago

Why the World needs the Wildcats to start Winning

I encourage anyone who believes to start praying for the Wildcats. Especially for their remaining games against Sydney.

For those with alternative views on Spirituality, maybe get some Randle and Lysch Bobble-Heads and do unspeakable things.

Naturally, spare a prayer also for United, because those two teams are the only ones who can save us from the Zombie Apocalypse.

Basketball as we know it, is on the brink of disaster, and we must put aside our petty differences to avoid this.

Sydney must fall, or God help us all, Gaze will get his contract renewed.

Know this, if Sydney finishes first and leverages that into a GF birth with HC advantage and thus a Championship, The Basketball Gods will smite this nation with plagues of pestilence.

Topic #44596 | Report this topic

Udog  
Years ago

Take your pills!

Reply #726839 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Oh dear god!!

Reply #726852 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Finally a Perth fan with genuine passion and paranoia.

I think we can all see that Perthworld is just having a lend, but OP is the real deal.

OP. I think you're really onto something. The world, as we know it, is currently spinning out of control. Something needs to be done. Some people say it’s the Wildcats attitude. You’re really onto something here. It’s not the attitude, it’s the longitude.

Too many victories are going eastwards. Too many refs calls are going eastwards too. You are also prescient enough to see the home court advantage tilting eastwards for the finals. Adelaide can’t be relied upon to soften up westbound east coast teams for the doomsday double anymore. As the prophet Yeats wrote:

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

The signs are there, Adelaide cannot hold in the centre of the competition, the blood red tide of the red Army is losing (I think Yeats has been mistranscribed here), The Falcon (Bogut) cannot year the Falconer (Gaze), and the rough beast of the Kings slouches towards the birthplace of the NBL to be born (didn’t they do a pre-season game in Newcastle?)

Peace be with you.
May Perth get all the home cooking, home court advantage and championships they can manage.

Reply #726860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Praise the Lord there are true believers.

Reply #726882 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

I must say that the old men of Sydney have surprised me to date.
Question is can they survive till the end of the season, and have they got what it takes for a 5 game GF?

I'm hoping for a Melbourne and Perth GF, so I really hope we don't face off in the semis.

It will be Brisbane or Adelaide to make the 4. Either way, Gaze will be up against 3 of the best coaches in the league. Surely he's got to come unstuck?

Perth new HCA to have any chance

Reply #726891 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Oh good, a Yeats thread.

".. And Time and Birth and Change are hurrying by.
I would that the Boar without bristles had come from the West
And had rooted the sun and moon and stars out of the sky
And lay in the darkness, grunting, and turning to his rest."

Reply #726898 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Amen.

However, the reason of the Kings' success is not coach Andrew Gaze, but the other Andrew coach.

Reply #727219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754