mum
Years ago

friday's entertainment

I was quite impressed with the pre game and interval entertainment provided at Friday's game against Sydney. I was surprised and puzzled at the lack of applause it drew however. I thought it was a very creative approach beginning with "The Life of Brian" on the biggish screen. Maybe you needed to be a monty python fan to appreciate the link to Brian Goorjan.
Enjoyed the "Queens" when they delivered the game balls ( clever )and later with their contribution to answering the call for a doctor. I love the Navy Seals. The dancer did a great job encouraging the Navy Seals to "get physical!
Well done to the team for their creative approach. Not only is it an improvement on past year's entertainment, it is clever and fun.

Topic #4461 | Report this topic

BOOGA  
Years ago

Thanks for the support and keep cheering.

Reply #51778 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

mum (4461)please get a new alias, this one is already in use, ta Mum

Reply #51779 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I have to agree - the new game night committee has to be congratulated.

They took the comments from the first game on baord - made some adjustments and the pre game is getting seriously cool.

Having the queens on the couch down by the opposition was a fantastic move, and the Seals are great, just need to get more involvement with them somehow.

If you havent been to a 6ers game in a while, its time to go!

It's a brand new atmosphere, and well worth having a look at.

To Potsie, Jane, Isaac and the rest of the gang, well done!

Reply #51784 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

We seals really appreciate the encouragement. It's good to hear that people are enjoying the games, there is no doubt there are many more great things to come this season.

Too bad some of the people on the sixers site don't feel the same way.

Cheers,

Bizzy AKA SIDESHOW

Reply #51788 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

it was better, i think they should speed up the player intro though. The kings were out to long so they did that warm up stuff during our introduction which is bad. They should play the video, then bring both teams out so no team is left standing around. Dont do the ball is missing thing all the time as that will get annoying though. Its good that things are moving in the right direction. Now we just need the team photo's for the last 3 years up!

Reply #51793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done little kid for a first shot lay up

Reply #51799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mum is very common amogst mum tho u idiot

Reply #51835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the navy seals are NOT funny . guys give it away . the fat one is not a good image for yong kids.hes a heart attack waiting to happen.

Reply #51841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i agree they're pathetic

Reply #51843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 36ers coming out through a smoke screen is just over the top.
just get them out there and let them warm up and no corny show business.

Reply #51844 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last three anonymous posts -- please post once instead of three separate times. Thanks.

Reply #51845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't make everyone happy, some people say we need more of a 'show'and now that is slowly happening someone else says 'no corny show business'

If you're not happy with the way things are done at game nights, come up with some ideas rather than constantly criticise.

Reply #51856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be honest, I was rather embarrassed about the 'entertainment' on Friday night. It's going to be a long season if we see that introduction every game. Also, those blokes were funny once, but you can only do so much.

I do applaud the club for trying something different, but mix it up a bit. Keep the crowd guessing  "I wonder what's going to be the entertainment next game?". That's what I said and a few other people that I know though during the couple of weeks break between games. Very disappointed to see that nothing changed. There was six months to prepare, but if they've run out of ideas already, that's worrying.

Where the hell is the mascot for starters? I'm a 'grown up' and enjoyed Sam, so imagine what the kids thought of him?

Half time suggestions could be to have local clubs give a demonstration eg. callisthenics, marching or have a shoot out with either players from local basketball clubs or members of the crowd. I'm sure there would be clubs out there willing to do something for free to promote their club. Bring back some of the games that used to be played and alternate them. The prizes don't have to be spectacular, so cost would be minimal to nothing.

It's probably due to the standards that were set a while ago and over the years this has spiralled down and the tickets have gone up. Maybe I'm getting old and nothing pleases me, but then again maybe I just expect more from a professional club.

Organises: Please don't take my criticism defensively, you MUST listen to the people who are supporting the club and in turn you will be rewarded.

PS- Good job music man, MVP performance! You mixed it up well pleasing most people which is great.

PSS- Well done by Rupert after the game. Please don't bring back Peter Walsh either.

Reply #51859 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I like the idea of a three point shoot out from each club. I'm sure there are plenty of steak shooters around to thrill the crowd. Zero cost, get clubs involved - maybe best shooters from U16 up.

Reply #51861 | Report this post

BOOGA  
Years ago

anon, marching and callisthenics come on who wants to see that boring crap i'd rather have a heart attach then watch that, the idea is to entertain not put fans to sleep.

Reply #51865 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

If I saw Callisthenics at half-time I'd slit my wrist. Seriously.

First up the rings out the front of the stadium is a great idea. Went to talk to one of the Navy Seals before the game and in the minute or so I was there saw a few wide-eyed kids getting lifted up for dunks, just having fun, making it a great night out for them. Might see guys trying to pull off some AND 1 moves out the front to show off to a crowd in the future. Good idea.

So far two people have complained on this thread and two on the Sixers forum, (the same two people I'm guessing). One complaint was about not being able to get to their seat in the dark. Now you are just hating for the sake of being a hater. It's not blackened out to the point of no visibility and if you have season tickets you shouldn't need a map to get to your seat.

The helicopter sound and waiting for the Sixers to come out did take too much time yes. But considering you could hear the P.A. system this week it was pretty good when it got going. Kids love it and I think it should stay. The smoke etc is all good. The only thing that I think should change is to get better highlights on the opening intro (dunks etc).

It was posted on here a while back that due to costs the mascot won't be coming back anytime soon.

The cheerleaders had a hell of a lot more routines this week than they did last year (got sick of the same routines over and over again). Was great work from them.

Didn't see half-time show so can't comment.

I think the "Where is the ball routine?" works and is amusing. For Cairns this week work something in about getting the ball to the game within a seventh of a second to really please Alan Black.

Also I heard there are some more surprises in store. They definitely haven't run out of ideas.

But seriously you would take callisthenics over what we have now? Do you enjoy seeing 5,000 people engage in mass suicide? Maybe come up with some half-decent ideas before shooting your mouth off about what we already have.

Reply #51867 | Report this post

Anon..  
Years ago

I went to the game Friday night, it was great. Compared to last year, at least it got people interested and got their attention (well it got mine anyway) I loved the coloured lights, the smoke the Intro's (ok, so maybe it was a little slow to get started, but it was good). Loved the "Queens" Love that that sat down the opposition end on the couch (are they going to be there every week - hope so) Perhaps they could interact with the crowd a bit. I liked the guy running around with the mic too. All in all, great job. The Seals were great too. They are still finding their feet of course, but they will get it together. Perhaps they could play a 1/2 time mini game against an Under 10 or 12 team? Ham it up a bit? 9/10 from me! Keep up the great work.

Reply #51885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've emailed DCs idea re 0.7 seconds through to the committee and I quite like 51885s idea of getting the Seals to dominate a group of Under 10s, or maybe be dominated by? I think Bizzy/Sideshow might have some skill left in him though. I thought he was injured until the knee slide at The Stag after the game!

The couch (Oscar saw the idea done at a Hawks game and borrowed it from there) should be a permanent fixture in some sense, though I think those who get to sit there will change around each game.

Reply #51891 | Report this post

GR  
Years ago

They used the couch in Perth games a couple of seasons back (not sure if it is still).
They would have a raffle and the winner and a friend got to sit on the couch (they called them the best seats in the house) and had pizzas and drinks, etc.
Also they made mention of the winner a couple of times during the game so they can get some exposure

Reply #51907 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

All in all the entertainment at Sixers games is getting better. Clearly nothing wrong with the smoke screen they run through. Although I'd get the bench players run through,with the lights on no smoke, just sixer girls, and then introduce the starters individually through smoke and lights off.

Thank goodness for the big screen, now they need to get some highlight packages together of individual players. This is cheap entertainment to be played throughout the game, at any stage, ie Timeouts or quarter time breaks.
Perhaps the packages could be desinged in a certain way as to try and develop some kind of cult player status. People loved Rupert and before him, there was the Robert Rose 'Rose Club'.

Reply #51910 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

The should bring back the nerd guy why went around on a scoter. Does anyone remember him.

Reply #51913 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

yeh the big brother guy! Daniel ,very funny

Reply #51915 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

HAHA Isaac, you love the ol' dirty dancing knee slide in the middle of the stag.

Reply #51917 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Also good to put a name to the face DC!! I also thought the rings out the front were a great idea.

Reply #51918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a great array of entertainement and livened it up and created some fun & suspense.

If you really want to LIFT the roof OFF of the Dome, PLEASE go and hire in the Japanese Taicho Drummers group here in Adelaide (cant find the number!). They are simply awesome and the heart wrenching beat of their drums will serously warm the players and the audience up, all wanting to play!!!! Inspiring & Motivational.

Maybe offer them a table to market their brochures or whatever from, as they gain exposure to 5,000 potential clients!!

Reply #51921 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

lucky their we're no injuries to report after the knee slide !!!

Reply #52631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754