Isaac
Years ago

Mitch Creek signs 10-day contract with Brooklyn Nets

NBL:

"Mitch Creek's NBA dream is about to come true, after signing a 10-Day Contract with the @BrooklynNets, becoming the latest Aussie to make the jump from the NBL to the NBA.“

Topic #44688 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Nice!
Stoked for him.

2 years ago I would not have thought this was in his future.

Reply #730798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/2019/01/25/brooklyn-nets-sign-mitch-creek-10-day-contract

Reply #730801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to him, hope he gets time and kicks arse.

Reply #730809 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Very well done.

Reply #730817 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Great
I thought he'd get his chance this season with a 10-day but I figured it would be because the Nets would be terrible and tanking (I.e. 15-34).

But they're 6th and 3 games above .500; so a really good environment to go into.

Reply #730819 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Well deserved.

Reply #730820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he spelled his name right on the contract

Reply #730826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the Sixers be getting any compensation

Reply #730827 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Impossible, I have it on good authority (ie. random posters on this board) that he is no chance of making an NBA roster.

Reply #730836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious question here. What does a 10 day contract actually mean? Can he be waived after 10 days?

Reply #730842 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Congrats to him.

Reply #730843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://basketball.fandom.com/wiki/10_day_contract

Reply #730844 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Fantastic news to wake up too. Hopefully he can get some playing time and earn another one.

Reply #730846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully shots the 3 well if he gets any time as that's the key for him in the NBA

Reply #730855 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No compensation no as he was a G-League player not an NBL player.

Hopefully this follows the usual process and he gets a second 10 day after this one and then a contract for the rest of the season ala Luke Schenscher.

Congrats to Creek for all his hard work, the bonus is it's probably unlikely he signs with SE Melb now ;)

Reply #730862 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #730863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine developing a player from his rookie years, see continual improvement each year both on court and off, he becomes the fans MVP and makes all-NBL team, then to national team duties and finally the NBA, but doing something so damaging to him when he departs so that he never wants to return to the club.

Never change Adelaide.

Reply #730889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange way to score your first points....

Hollis-Jefferson gets injured and can't shoot his free throws

NBA rule is: OPPOSITE coach chooses a player from the bench to shoot the free throws.

Enter Mitch Creek.

1/2 FT.

Reply #730890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fizzdale was hoping for cheeseburgers.

Reply #730891 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Congrats to Creek for all his hard work, the bonus is it's probably unlikely he signs with SE Melb now ;)"

Plenty of guys have been spat out from 10 days back to G-League. Even if he gets multiple 10 days or is signed for the rest of the season (best case) that's no guarantee thatl he get an NBA gig next season.

Reply #730895 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Awesome news for Creek, well deserved and a huge positive for our league. And a huge positive to Adelaide as well, as stupid as they are to suggest they deserve $ previously.

Reply #730912 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I know but as it's likely he gets a second 10 dayer and then a contract for the rest of the season as he's been in the Nets system all season so they already know what they're getting then it's likely with his foot now in the door either the Nets or another team gives him at least a training camp invite or possibly full contract next season.

It's the way the NBA works look at Ingles. No team wanted a bar of him the Clippers gave him a training camp invite which got his foot in the NBA door and once released Utah snapped him up.

Obviously there is no guarantee he gets an NBA contract next season but what has changed is the chances of him playing for SE Melb have now significantly reduced.

He would be mad to now walk away from the NBA and future opportunities there to come back to the NBL next season.

Reply #730914 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

Why is it likely he gets a contract until the end of the season? I would say it is *unlikely*, as he's been signed due to a current rash of injuries, but they're expecting guys like Dinwiddie, Crabbe and LeVert to come back this season. Also, they're trying to make a playoff run.

Reply #730915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills - Spurs
Dellavedova - Cavs
Baynes - Celtics
Exum - Jazz
Ingles - Jazz
Simmons - 76ers
Maker - Bucks
Bolden - 76ers
Broekhoff - Mavericks
Adel - Cavs
Creek - Nets

Who's next?
Landale?

Reply #730916 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Mitchy mate, if ya readin this mate, congrats mate, onya, proud of ya, been workin for it, keep fightin, ya deserve it, prove it to em, bloody believe in ya brutha, bestyettacum mate.

Reply #730940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mills - Spurs
Dellavedova - Cavs
Baynes - Celtics
Exum - Jazz
Ingles - Jazz
Simmons - 76ers
Maker - Bucks
Bolden - 76ers
Broekhoff - Mavericks
Adel - Cavs
Creek - Nets"

Rank them in terms of quality of player.

1) Simmons
2) Ingles
3) Baynes
4) Mills
5) Delly
6) Bolden
7) Exum
8) Creek
9) Maker
10) Broekhoff
11) Adel

Reply #730948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons
Ingles
Mills
Baynes
Exum
Dellavedova
Bolden
Maker
Broekhoff
Creek
Adel

Reply #730949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've observed so many people on here, and I remember their names, say he’d never get his chance "he can’t shoot" “he’s too small” etc etc. now he gets a shot, and the first thing debated is, “he won’t be signed the remainder of the season” etc. idiots, let him enjoy his moment, and just come along for the ride! Stop your tall poppy bullshit! Wankers

Reply #730956 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Its good that you have observed so many people on here anon.
You do realize many posters are anonymous.

Reply #730960 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Creek above Broekoff?

No wonder you posted as an anon.

Reply #730962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broekhoff is an overrated player for mine. Is a lights out stand-still shooter but doesn't do much else.

Reply #730963 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I was certainly one of those who said he wouldn't make it because he lacks in critical skill areas, but more than happy to be proven wrong.

Creek v Broekoff: they are completely different players whose production would differ from team to team. Hard to compare

Reply #731001 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

So Mitch Creek works hard to try to fulfil his NBA dream.

He becomes one of only 20 odd Aussies to play in NBA.

He scores in his first game. How many can say that?

His 10 day contract is, presumably, a standard 10 day contract.

How many players have had 10 day contracts extended? How many players have had 10 day contracts lead to a season contract or better?

Why are we even questioning him now? Let him take this ride as far as he can.

Reply #731009 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

"Broekhoff is an overrated player for mine. Is a lights out stand-still shooter but doesn't do much else."

You haven't watched him play in the limited opportunity he has had in Dallas have you?

Reply #731014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if he was any good he'd get more opportunities

Reply #731023 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Mitch enjoyed more burn today with 18 minutes of play for 6 points, 5 boards, 1 assist and 1 steal (+/- team best of +6).

Reply #731496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:35 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754