Anonymous
Years ago

Jois signs with United; Trist sacked

Venky Jois is pretty hyped up prospect isn't he? Interesting.

Topic #44691 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally get to see what jois can do.

Reply #730899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His dad Brendoyn must be thrilled

Reply #730900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois more athletic but smaller, both suspect on defence.

Reply #730901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois was very good at eastern Washington.

Reply #730903 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jois was also very good in Croatia before playing in Japan. Intrigued to see how he will go in the NBL - I think that with his size, speed and athleticism, he should do quite well.

Reply #730904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meanwhile, in Perth, zzzzzzzzz

Reply #730905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this confirm the NBL salary cap doesn't exist?

Reply #730908 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So this is how a change feels like.

Reply #730909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth isn't in a position to make that sort of change.

Reply #730921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess they just didn't Trist the process...

Reply #730925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has Trist got a career in the NBL?

Reply #730929 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Is Jois eligible for the playoffs?

Reply #730938 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon - no, the NBL media release of 30 March 2016 confirms there is no cap on team salaries:

"The former 'hard cap' of $1 million has been replaced by a ‘soft cap’ of $1.1 million.Teams may exceed the soft cap ..."

Reply #730941 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Yes. Melbourne have 7 games remaining.

Reply #730944 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

has Trist got a career in the NBL?

Yes I believe he does, his new team mates next year will be Homicide and Liam Santamaria.

Reply #730964 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Is Jois going to get on the court?

Reply #730977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois is Daniel Jois, son of Brendan Jois?

Reply #730979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois is not Joyce.

Reply #730980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Larry does it again.
How much longer do we have to put up with him running the league to benefit his team?
I thought that after he broke the rules for Wesley last year, then had the refs hand Melbourne the GF, he might finally stand back and let them sink or swim, but no.

Obviously the benefit of making late changes is huge, so how convenient that despite the season being almost over, Melbourne have not yet breeched the 75% deadline. Other teams went past it two seeks ago.

Then there's the small matter of the cap on the lowest paid 5 players. The very thing that stopped Perth getting their 3rd import, restricted Adelaide to replace Moore with Bruce, and restricted Sydney to signing a Bum from the bush league.

Trist would have been on the league minimum salary. Jois probably earns that in a month.

Reply #731173 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Do you have any proof that Melbourne are breaching the five-player cap?

Not sure how you think it's unfair that they have more of their season to play, either.

Reply #731181 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

He thinks Larry purposely made the schedule back end weighted so that United could leave their options open for as long as possible.

To be that is stupid.

I would want my team to have a cruisy back end of the season in time for the play offs.

Reply #731183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley is playing for New Zealand under the same rules but I haven't heard you complain about that. Sydney also recently brought in Turner but nothing again. This jealousy of Melbourne is becoming boring.

Reply #731190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Do you have any proof that Melbourne are breaching the five-player cap?"

No one has any proof the luxury tax doesn't exist, but they complain about it not being in effect anyway

Reply #731199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Moller play the four for the chargers, his stats look excellent. Maybe they only see him as a three, not much time there behind Kennedy and McCarron. Melbourne will want this signing is better than Turner at kings, Trist must be a little bemused after the preseason write ups he was getting to just sit on bench then get stood down. His euro career looks as good as Jois.

Reply #731223 | Report this post

Sydneyworld  
Years ago

The 5 player cap wouldn't have restricted Adelaide in replacing Moore with Bruce, unless Moore was in the lowest five paid.

The rule is good because it stops the wealthier clubs from stockpiling up and coming talent, like Melbourne did years ago with Daniel Johnson.

Reply #731228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way is Jois 203cm as per Melbourne web site. He'd be lucky to be 196 cm, be interesting to see how he goes on some the bigger 4/5 in the competition.

Reply #731520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be 203cm if he had a neck..

Reply #731522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that might make him 198. On big coin I'm hearing.

Reply #731524 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754