Anonymous
Years ago

ABA Australia starting 2019

Does anybody have any idea what this league is? It seems they have taken on the old ABA history in the USA and have started a league in Australia with the "Melbourne Manta" being the first franchise. It says its starting in 2019??

https://abaliveaction.com/2019/01/16/aba-league-australia-announces-first-team-melbourne-manta/

They also have a ABA australia and Melbourne Manta Facebook and twitter pages.

Is it another Semi pro league?

Topic #44753 | Report this topic

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

A competition starting this year that has a subzero profile? Sounds promising.

Reply #732501 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It is just SEBL renamed I think you will find.

Reply #732517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #732518 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Such a bad website, kind of fitting

Reply #732523 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

its a new league some yanks are trying to get off the ground as a second tier league.

Not sure what the budget will be if Vaughns is the owner but certainly won't be NBL level.

Reply #732528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope for Adelaide yet..

Reply #732532 | Report this post

Podcast Potential  
Years ago

MTG must be all over this ....

How did you even find this link??

Odd .... very Odd.

Reply #732575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the same also. I came across it in an article on a basketball website australiabasket.com. I am a basketball tragic and will usually be up on all developments but hadn't heard a thing anywhere until I saw this. I doubt BA would endorse it.

Reply #732614 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

So this is a league they are starting in Australia??? or is this team going to somehow play in the US league?

It is very strange and with the Elite league just starting it would appear to be very bad timing.

Reply #732621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754