Anonymous
Years ago

Creek To Be Waived?

Brooklyn needs a roster spot to acquire Greg Monroe from the Raptors, which does not bode well for Creek. They have to get rid of someone to make the acquisition.

The Nets plan on cutting Monroe, which may mean that creek could be signed for the remainder of the season.

Topic #44777 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaaaaaand he is gone

Reply #733135 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

His Career NBA Per of 21.77 has him as a Borderline All-Star by the PER Classifications!

Hard to say whether he'd get a go elsewhere as the NBA is very fickle - if he doesn't get a go elsewhere in the NBA then surely his appearance in the NBA helps his leverage into any non-NBA market $ wise.

Reply #733144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His 10-day has been terminated, though he remains with their G-League affiliate and able to get a new Nets deal once a spot opens.

Reply #733148 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Does he get paid for the 10 days regardless

Reply #733149 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes, paid out fully for the 10 days even if terminated before the 10 days.

Reply #733152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been cut to make way for new free agent Greg Hire

Reply #733154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think he can sign another 10 day contract. Has to be for the rest of the season.

Could be different as the second one was terminated, but I'm not sure.

Reply #733156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bit of everything athletic guy who is not skilled enough to play 2, no shot for being a 3, too small for a 4...what was he really thinking ? Good luck to him but sooner he wakes up better for his future.

Reply #733157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean you aren't wrong, but he still made it. Another cellar dweller might take a shot on him.

Reply #733158 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Feel for Creek, he works so hard for it. Just if he had a slightly better three point shot I could see him playing as a solid defensive option. I just cant see him getting legit rotation minutes without having at minimum a serviceable catch and shoot 3 point shot as once teams begin to scout him they will take away his drive and then he has nothing.

Reply #733164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can sign another 10 day, but not with the Nets. The only option there is remainder of the season, and for that he is against the flux of players who just entered the free agent market after a ton of buyouts and waivers.

Long Island has already released a press release saying they have made a waiver and Creek has been re-acquired.

Reply #733167 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^And they've done the same to Simmons stopping his drives. Get back in your hole.

Reply #733168 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

He can hold his head up high. He did as much as he could with the time he was given. Like others have mentioned, the Nets have other roster concerns. It may be that he gets picked up somewhere (or back on the Nets) after the dust settles from the trade deadline & now the buyout market.

Reply #733169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha yep obviously if you can't stop Ben Simmons' drives you won't be able to stop Mitch Creek's. Excellent comparison.

Reply #733171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has played well, has done his part to give himself a shot. He won't be disheartened, he'll know exactly why these manoeuvrings have taken place.

Reply #733180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 157, you are a top notch bell-end!!! People like you wait for the "see I told you so" moments! He's played NBA and nobody can take that, not even your short sighted comments.

FYI: he made more this season so far, that he would have in the NBL, so how about you wake up and understand what’s going on around you. He has a huge back up contract waiting, and on top of that, watch this space for signing news around March 1st!

I don’t usually bite on trolls comments, but I made an exception for a special unit such as yourself. Now, I’m sure there are some rocks to kick somewhere.....stay busy....SMH!!!

Reply #733183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Around $100k US for a couple of weeks in the league... Pretty sure he wouldn't be complaining. That's probably more than his whole G-League salary for the season.

Reply #733202 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

GLeague salaries this year are around $35k for the full 5 month schedule.

So he has made basically 3 times that in 20 days work.

As I said in the other post, great to see someone take a risk/take less money and make that sacrifice financially - and he earned something that no one can ever take away from him.

So many players would not have given up the money to go the GLeague and take that risk (And nom any agents would have been telling them to do that!). But he did it and reaped the reward!

Reply #733203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"SMH!!!"

Yeah you sure showed him!!!

Reply #733206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

what was he really thinking ? Good luck to him but sooner he wakes up better for his future.
He has told everyone what he was thinking. He's wanted to try his hardest at the highest level. And that he hasn't given up. There's the rest of this season. There's next season if he wants to push on. If this is the highest he goes, awesome - tens of thousands for less than 20 days work and stats on an NBA court.

Reply #733209 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

lol... sooner he wakes up.... he checked in to multiple NBA games and actually contributed. That's a damn sight more than most people will ever be able to say. There are a lot of fantastic basketballers around the globe who never even get that chance. Congrats to him. If he ends up back in the NBL next season it was anything but a failure.

Reply #733221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also gets the extra money from the Exhibit 10 deal 50k on top of the 2 10 days and the GLeague salary, plus no living expenses. That troll is a wanker of the highest level

Reply #733227 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So how much $$$ all up? Either way it's a nice score.

Reply #733230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

G-League salary yes, but $50k no. He did not sign a two way contract. The ex10 is part of the nba contract.. when he was cut from his summer contract, everything disappeared. Also, he gets nothing for living expenses as well. That said, he has already exceeded expectations and is well ahead. Hard work pays off for the Victorian.

Reply #733237 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

When he was initially cut by Brooklyn in the pre-season he did get something extra for agreeing to play with their G-League team. I remember a $50k figure being mentioned whether that was on top of his G-League salary or the two combined I don't know.

Reply #733238 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Either way, he's made a decent living this season and has a lot to show for it. Well worth the gamble already and his NBA journey is still in it's early stages.

Reply #733246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. $50k if converted from ex10 to two way, which didn't happen. That’s where the value came from.

Reply #733247 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

The focus in this thread reads like it's all about money. Yes, he's earned more in his short stints there and well done. Not enough to retire on!

His value, on the other hand, must be throught the roof and will only grow in his immediate future.

Worst case scenario, the door opens for him to become one of our premier super stars in the NBL. Which, in turn, will attract renewed/continued interest from the NBA. That's the worst that Creek has to look forward to.

That's the real earnings of his hard work. Well done Mitch Creek (and still doing, no doubt).

Reply #733249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are all wrong, he did receive 50k from the exhibit 10 on top! I'll bet my house on it. Nobody said he signed a 2way. An exhibit 10 is a training camp deal and a team can guarantee up to 50k to get you to take the deal. Brooklyn gave that to him. One of the keys to the deal is that you must remain with the team for 60 days total before a lump sum is paid........but I’ll mind my business and listen to your "facts".

Reply #733250 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754