Anonymous
Years ago

Joey Wright's future

He told channel 7 before the game that he hadn't made any decisions yet but would be "taking a look" at his future in the off season. In the same sentence he said he had 3 more years on his contract. Seems a strange thing to say given his contract status if nothing was in the works?

Topic #44823 | Report this topic

Ben  
Years ago

Come to Brisbane and replace Lemanis please.

Also, bring Joe with you.

Reply #734344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Extending for 2 further years?

Reply #734357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No real surprise, Sydney off to US, Joey likely to Jazz.

Reply #734361 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Wright has 3 more years here. We're set on coaching. Just need good imports.

Reply #734370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you need a few extra $$ to spend on imports just slash the team's weekly dosage of angry pills and you will save heaps

Reply #734372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No real surprise, Sydney off to US, Joey likely to Jazz."

Sydney?

Reply #734402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Joey's daughter Sydney...

Reply #734405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright has 3 more years here. We're set on coaching. Just need good imports.
So who hires the duds? Joey? Enjoy the next 3 seasons.

Reply #734441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because no one has ever left a contract early

Reply #734490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So there is no walking away fine? Perfect So sack him now. He's evaluating his future it seems. How is that even possible?
If Adel had some serious management and Big Joe wasn't in Joeys pocket, why hasn't someone sorted this issue now? Joey has really done very little other the Big Joe getting gigs.

Reply #734503 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I like Joey but that was terrible sportsmanship to not stick around for the rewarding of the Cattalini cup. Cat had to chase him down just to shake his hand as he walked off to the changerooms...

He seems very unprofessional far too often. Yes he can choose some dud imports but his Australian crop are way better than they were on paper at the start of every season. What he lacked this season was a finisher, they had no true clutch player and that's sad as Conger should have been given that responsibility but Sobey would never relinquish the ball

!

Reply #734510 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Joey has really done very little other the Big Joe getting gig.

and spending Eddy's money.

Reply #734516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Joey has really done very little other the Big Joe getting gig.

and spending Eddy's money." Which wasn't Eddy's

Reply #734534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those sitting at the exit to the arena saw Joey didn't hang around for the trophy ceremony because he was chasing Chris Reid to the changerooms.

Reply #734536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And yet nearly made playoffs despite losing creek. Some people are never happy.

Reply #734688 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If Adelaide had nailed the 3rd import spot I'd reckon the ladder would have been a lot different. Look at Perth with Cotton. Take him away and add a less potent scorer and they would most likely struggle. Conger could have come in with a great attitude and found form but it didn't work out that way and the 36ers missed the finals by a wisker. Joey does very well with the budget and financial postion the club has though. He was probably an injury to Josh Childress away from another title last year.

Reply #735019 | Report this post

Y'all stupid  
Years ago

And he only has only gone and done:

Recruited and coached the last 2 of 3 years ROY

Nathan Sobey MIP , unwanted DP to Boomer under Joey

Randle MVP

Mitch Creek and Ferguson to NBA under his guidance

Best 6th man in Moore who was sacked by United

Hodgson from nobody to starting for Boomers Lite

Just this as a body of work at the 36ers alone let alone what happened in Brisbane and the GC with Goulding , Gibson , Cadee , Petrie

Reply #735028 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I wonder how many coaches have taken a 4 time wooden spoon team under a previous coach (also in significant financial trouble) to a championship series in their first season?

Reply #735053 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't get it?

I think Joey is a hothead, and I don't understand why he refuses to focus on D, but he has done a great job with Adelaide. They may have spent a bit more last year, but on the whole they have a much smaller budget than the 4 finalists, yet are highly competitive and in fact have made a couple of GF's under his coaching.

As Jack lamented, its unfortunate for Adelaide that a point here or there cost them a playoffs berth, but that also indicates how close they were. Personally, I wish they had made it, would have been a great SF series against the Cats.

Reply #735060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754