Patrick Richards Italy Reggio Emilia
Finn Delany Serbia FMP Belgrade
Melo Trimble Puerto Rico
Brian Conklin Puerto Rico
Nathan Jawai France Levallois Metropolitans
Demitrius Conger Israel Hapoel Jerusalem B C
Jacob Wiley Spain Gran Canaria
Ramone Moore Greece Peristeri B C

Jacob Wiley signed another year with 36ers so is it a loan move?

Topic #44885 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Technically I don't think Wiley has actually re-signed yet I don't think that can happen until the free agency period begins but he's agreed to re-sign.

Reply #735619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few guys on the nznbl as well.

Most euro cut off dates is end February, make tough for guys in finals, money wise better not making semis.

Reply #735620 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Harry Froling Tasmania Southern Huskies

Reply #735621 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Technically I don't think Wiley has actually re-signed yet I don't think that can happen until the free agency period begins but he's agreed to re-sign.
You're allowed to re-sign your own players before the FA period, I believe.

Reply #735630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/jacob-wiley-re-signs-with-adelaider-36ers

it was officially announced

Reply #735637 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I know it was announced anon.

You're allowed to re-sign your own players before the FA period, I believe.

Okay just a bit strange that no other team has decided to re-sign any of their players then but I'll take your word for it.

Perhaps not a good sign Sobey hasn't re-signed yet.

Reply #735639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can Sobey be the first Million dollar player 4 years 1.2 million 300,000 a year?

Reply #735644 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Surely Andrew Bogut gets the million dollar man cachet?

His 2-year deal give him 10% of the Kings when he stops playing. Given Kestlemen values the Bullets at $10,000,000, Bogut's share of the Kings'd be worth more than a million (to Kestleman if no-one else).

On top of that, he gets paid a salary of whatever size for playing. See https://twitter.com/rpjward/status/988584878051442688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Reply #735646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut on one million a year with his ten percent kings share. If Sobey gets three hundred thousand a season doesn't even get him to Kay’s salary.

Reply #735647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut has an option to buy in I believe. Bogut has NO share of the Kings yet. One more year to go.
Bullets are supposedly sold and were on the market at $5mill. I wish people would quote the real information rather than post crap. You can but the United for $10mill PJ. So must mis information posted here.

Reply #735656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how people quote random numbers like they did the actual deal. Firstly, Kay is not on 300k, so stop making up random figures, secondly players can re-sign at any point with the current team that they are playing with. Waiting to free agency as Sobey is, creates market demand and allows a player to see what they are worth to more than one team.
None of this means that Sobey has ruled out Adelaide, more so gaining an understanding of market value.

Reply #735667 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

With that said, Sobey would be aware of the kind of dollars available to him particularly at Phoenix. Sobey not re-signing prior to FA opening is a bad sign.

Reply #735668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how people think their always right and no what everyone earns, Kay's on big money, believe it or not.

Reply #735670 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Do players get match payments?

Reply #735681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Kay is paid well, but not to the 300k mark. The figures you spout out can't just be made up based on deals you didn’t negotiate, or that Kay himself didn’t show you.
Sobey won’t full know his value yet, as free agency isn’t began. He can speculate, but nothing in stone.

Reply #735689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Kay is paid well, but not to the 300k mark. The figures you spout out can't just be made up based on deals you didn’t negotiate, or that Kay himself didn’t show you.
Sobey won’t full know his value yet, as free agency isn’t began. He can speculate, but nothing in stone.

Reply #735690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay agreed to resign at Illawarra with Bevo, on import money, it got blown out of the sky by the wildcats, dissapointing Illawarra as he changed his mind and headed west. You can quote you no all, but my information is he's on more than 300k. You can believe your contact and I’ll believe mine. Norton was similar but for less money but both had verbally agreed to stay at the hawks.

Reply #735692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, import money is a very interesting statement as Illawarra's imports are paid poorly, hence getting Jackson and Jett. Secondly, my "source" is very good with documentation and let’s just say is an expert in this particular area.

He’s paid well, but not in the range you think, but if it helps you to sleep than stick with the usually assumption of “300k” which is a figure people always throw out when they don’t know what salary someone is paid.

Many NBL players also inflate their contracts to their teammates, so we tend to use the 20% rule and say it’s usually 20% less than what they tell their mates. I’ve seen this time and time again.

Reply #735701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Kay is getting less than 300k he's wasting his time, go and get a div one euro contract in one of the top leagues and earn two to three times that plus car and accommodation after tax. Anyway I’m moving on, you believe what you want.

Reply #735704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh wow, now I know that you are totally lost on contract values. You think Kay could make 600-900k in europe? Lmao.....no idea mate. Sorry, but you seriously think Kay would be "wasting his time" making 200k plus?

Please look at the level of players in Europe making that sort of money as importsz Kay couldn't get a job on a top level team as an import let alone make 600k plus hahaha. He is yet to prove himself in Europe and his value would sit around 10-11k a month USD max.

But anyway....

Reply #735707 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Finn Delaney will be too good for Serbia. Have you seen the mad hops this kid has?? UNreal!

Reply #735718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

playing for your country help with oversea contacts

Reply #735770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Devon hall is playing in the g league Oklahoma City Blue 18 min 8 pts 1rebs

Reply #736776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754