MACDUB
Years ago

Would you trade Lebron?

Van Gundy just said on the Lakers-Celtics broadcast that Lakers should consider trading Lebron - I don't think he was being entirely serious, but I think he wasn't entirely joking.

If you were the Lakers, would you test him on the market assuming hypothetically he has a no-trade clause (no one seems to know either way)?

It sounds ridiculous and won't ever happen in a million years - but when you break it down and think deeply about the potential positives (i.e. if you got Klay and say AD or 2 top FA's out of it), then it really isn't that ridiculous is it?

Of course, there is a whole host of negatives ($ wise) and the impact it could have on getting future FA's there - but I would see it more as an exception than a rule.

Lebron's my favourite player ever but I would seriously entertain it;

Laker's aren't going anywhere over the next 3-4 years otherwise (maybe they make the playoffs but can't see them going deeper with an aging Lebron and lack of flexibility because not many people want to do there).

Topic #44946 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

He and his agent have pretty much destroyed that team. He's come in and done all the usual LeBron crap like throw his teammates under the bus, trying to get another coach sacked, trying to get Melo signed, passive-aggressive BS etc.

The Lakers couldn't have handled the AD trade any worse. I actually thought at the time the Lakers would've been better off trading LeBron to NO for AD it's interesting that talk is starting to come out about the possibility now.

Magic needs to be fired on the grounds of sheer incompetence but I'm not even sure that will be enough. Obviously Walton will get fired LeBron's been angling for that and to get his buddy Ty Lue in there but I think overall they would be better off trading LeBron and starting fresh.

LeBron was able to get away with all this shit in Cleveland the moment he started trying it on in Miami Riley put him and his boys in their place and he spat the dummy and left. Magic isn't strong enough to pull LeBron into line.

Reply #737470 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Who would want to play for a franchise that was actually willing to trade lebron? No player would feel secure. Completely agree with the above sentiments in respect to messing up the franchise with everything that went down this year.

Reply #737474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trade to the bucks

Middleton Bledsoe and draft picks

Reply #737476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year I started a post about was it worth it for Cleveland to have required him and what they gave up. Ultimately they got that long awaited championship, (not a warriors fan but seemed the league helped a lot). In the end they lost Kyrie, traded a prospective star(gee were we wrong) in Wiggins and Love became lost in all the drama, top power forward that unlike Bosh couldn't fall back on his defence to become a true factor.
Everything was given to LeBron, sacked a coached and Ty Lue became the ultimate puppet. Brought in aging vets giving away 1st rounders along the way in a win now, even the nets pick they got for Irving fell to back of lottery and so far is nowhere near a great starter yet. So they lose Kyrie for Sexton and an injured IT who is dumped ironically in LA bitching about the culture in Cleveland.
Now it's starting to happen again,with Lakers praying to get a second star to team up with him, but apart from Wade who gave up a lot when LeBron arrived in Miami,what other star has happily coexisted with him?
He's pissed off all his young teammates with trade talk, bravo Pop in getting Pelicans to get that train wreck happening, even though it cost their GM his job, but San Antonio will probably sort something out there. And you can't tell me just LeBron and Anthony Davis will dominate the West? Maybe the East but not the West.
Having Pat Riley in Miami was strong enough not to put up with all of his shit. Magic will be caving to his every demand, only thing I can see as a solution is bringing Phil back, paying him 50 million a year to coach and getting him to stop being a diva.
But would have a trade to Warriors for Durant could have been greatest trade of all time? But it looks like LeBron greatest legacy in Los Angeles will be Space Jam 2, but will the plot consist of him demanding Bugs and Daffy getting traded half way through???

Reply #737613 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

IMO, what Cleveland gave up was all worth it in the end. The championship made it all worth it..and if it wasn't for one of the best teams all time sitting in the WC maybe they win more.

They got due return on what they gave up and the moves they pulled.

The LA situation just feels different - can't see it being worth it for LA.

Reply #737615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be the dumbest move ever.

You muppets realise LA was 24-10 and smashed golden state on their home floor Christmas Day?

Injuries and the trade debacle has ruined this season.

LA will re jig their roster, they have 8 players with expiring contracts this season. Plenty of talent Free Agents this summer and $60,000,000 to burn.

Problem with LA is if you're not with them you hate them, every analyst, hater, so called expert loves to talk about how shit they’re doing.

Also, every NBA player/team loves to give their absolute best going against LeBron and the Lakers cause of the massive exposure they receive with nationally televised games and social media meltdown when LA loses.

Reply #737627 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

Lebron and the Lakers are made for each other. Over the years the Lakers have embraced the notion that money buys success; while the fawning media falsely equate success with virtue. I don't mind seeing this dysfunctional culture fail.

Reply #738969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are the 2nd most winning franchise in the league after Boston, then daylight.

Reply #738973 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They've also lost more games than any other team in the NBA over the last 5 years.

Reply #738975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

History is irrelevant in this question anyway. Just because they've had past success doesn't mean every decision they make today is a good one.
LeBron is reaching the end and isn't nearly enough to bring them a title so they need to change their plan completely.

Reply #738976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754