Watto
Years ago

Boomers vs Canada in Perth

There's a mural at the Perth train station advertising 2 games at RAC Arena between the Boomers and Canada on August 16 and 17. Tickets go on sale Friday (Telstra presale) but apart from the mural I've not seen or heard anything about this.

Does anyone here know more?

Topic #45059 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

Canadia, Eh?

I knoo nothing aboot it, eh.

Reply #740190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see international basketball returning to Perth.

Will Canada's NBA players be playing?

Reply #740191 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"
Anonymous
Within the hour

Will Canada's NBA players be playing?"

Two weeks out from the World Cup, it will be whatever team they field for the World Cup, and I'd suggest that some gentlemen who've graced the NBA will be in attendance.

Reply #740207 | Report this post

Years ago

"
Anonymous
Within the hour

Will Canada's NBA players be playing?"

Two weeks out from the World Cup, it will be whatever team they field for the World Cup, and I'd suggest that some gentlemen who've graced the NBA will be in attendance.

Reply #740208 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

In a major coup, Basketball Australia's Boomers are set to host Canada in Perth in a two-game series in the lead up to the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China tipping off on 31 August.

Breaking: Boomers set to host Canada in Perth

Reply #740226 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Press conference with Andrej Lemanis in Perth Wednesday at 11am to formally announce the two games.

Reply #740231 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How fitting.
Melbourne get USA.
Perth get Canada.
The poor man's Australia. #Perthworld

Reply #740233 | Report this post

Years ago

Do you want a rundown of reasons why Melbourne is better suited to the USA games than Perth, or would you like some help?

Reply #740238 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Anthony Bennett v Ben Simmons... who is the better number 1 pick?

Reply #740256 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Food for thought did you not read my last sentence? I clearly know why and was having a playful dig at it.

Reply #740311 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

more like Foot for mouth

Reply #740313 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Anyone seen the cost of tickets yet?

Reply #740335 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

So prices are available now.

Basically bronze level seats for Wildcat games are $170 which is frigging insane and these are classed as "gold". I'll still be going, but won't be paying double that to sit in the next section.

Reply #740374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Melbourne is the best city in the world.
Just ask any Melbournian.
The official surveys (of Melbournians) confirm it.

Reply #740382 | Report this post

Years ago

"o prices are available now.

Basically bronze level seats for Wildcat games are $170 which is frigging insane and these are classed as "gold". I'll still be going, but won't be paying double that to sit in the next section.

"

Lol. Yeah, sorry that seeing NBA players and our best ever national team in a relatively small arena in the scheme of things where everything is a decent view is going to cost you more than a normal Perth Wildcats game lol.

Reply #740393 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bloody hell. The same seat I paid $90 for during the NBL grand final is now $250. The cheapest decent seat is $170.

Wonder if the two-game pass gets you any sort of discount. It won't let me see prices for that yet.

Reply #740394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheap entertainment, you go watch any of the big music guys cost you lot more than that.

Reply #740397 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The worst of it is I'm fairly sure I won't be able to make both games, but I'm not yet sure which one I'm more likely to miss.

So I kind of have to buy tickets to both, knowing full well I'm likely to not use one.

Reply #740404 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Be interesting to see what level of crowds they get.

And just as a matter of interest, for these type of "warm-up" games, who does get the money?
I guess we pay for the visitors travel and accommodation??
Do we split any profit with their association?

I've had a look at the prices. They don't seem THAT bad?
Yes, what they are calling "Gold" is a bit of a stretch, but there are nosebleed seats from $50.

Reply #740416 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Only on the baselines.

Reply #740417 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

If Wiggins and Tristan Thompson are playing and a few other NBA players you could justify the prices. If these guys aren't playing and it's mostly Euro based guys it's asking a bit much.

Reply #740425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's currently 14 Canadians in the NBA. Few are regular in their teams rotations unlike the Aussie players in the NBA.

Bill Wennington is apparently no longer in the NBA.

Reply #740429 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Definitely overpriced due to being 2 games, if it was 1 single game then yeah those prices seem spot on, but they've got to fill the stadium twice. You'd hope the two game packages come significantly discounted. The prices will turn off the "family friendly" contingent that the Cats have worked so hard to solidify here in Perth which is a bid chunk of the basketball fan base. In saying that there probably will be enough interest to fill 1 game with non-basketball fans, but I think towards the actual dates of the games they'll be flogging off cheaper tickets via some 3rd party discount website.

Reply #740449 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I think the biggest issue with pricing is what they have chosen to call Platinum and Gold. They have made those both very big allocations, so yes the bulk of the seats are at a premium price.

So yes, interesting who exactly their target audience is?

On the one hand, if you simply got all the Cats fans along, that would be a very good crowd, but as others have pointed out, those fans will be annoyed that their "regular" seats have escalated sharply in price.

I know there are probably some non-Wildcat hoopss fans, as well as rich folks who'll pay just to see Australia in action, but is that enough to fill all those gold seats??

And to be honest. I won't be going, for exactly those reasons. I have been spoilt, and don't want to watch Basketball from the nosebleed sections.

Reply #740461 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

The silver and bronze allocation is ridiculous. Bronze is basically the nosebleeds in weird angled sections, the silver is just the very back row across the entire stadium. We'll be forking out for the "GOLD" section because whatcha gonna do? :/

Reply #740465 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Not surprised that this pr-sale is not working...anyone have any luck?

Reply #740470 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

No good still. And 2 game passes offer no discount.

Reply #740471 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why can we pick our own seats for Friday but not Saturday?

Reply #740473 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I finally got through, Friday night row C kinda behind one end of the back board but slightly off to the side. A lot closer to the action it seems than than seats parallel to the length of the court.

Koberulz, weird I couldn't pick seats on Friday for some reason?

Reply #740474 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You have to click "View seat map" when it tells you what tickets it's picked.

You can also, I've now figured out, click on a block instead of a seating category at the first screen.

Reply #740476 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

It wouldn't work on my desktop so had to go through my mobile and seems like there must have been less options on mobile internet. Oh well got tickets. Hopefully some solid players make the effort to come over.

Reply #740482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754