Anonymous
Years ago

Lamelo to the Hawks

Hearing Lamelo is going to sign with the Illawarra Hawks for the upcoming season. Announcement expected to come Friday.

Topic #45323 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the team that r going with two imports will have a nextstar player Kings and the Hawks are going with two imports

Reply #746423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was up all night hoping his dad who was on FS1 and Herd American talk shows, that his dad would brake the news

Reply #746424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't seem flashy enough. Thought it would be Sydney.

Reply #746425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

were did you get your news

Reply #746426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahaha oh I so hope this is true. It will break NBA twitter in the USA to find out a Ball is going to a country town in Australia.

Reply #746427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liangelo ball coming to? his dad last night suggested that he what's his son to play together

Reply #746428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Title should say rumoured to be signing

Reply #746429 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Well I have to hand it to LK - this his is exactly how you save a struggling franchise. There wasn't anything left really to try.

Reply #746432 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

These rumours keeping us occupied in NBL off season.

Reply #746435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see any team in this league taking him with all the bull**** that comes with his father.

Reply #746437 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I look forward to bumping into LaVar on the streets of Wollongong

Reply #746438 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Put it this way, the NBA has to put up with the Lavar circus, why would we be so very burdened if the sideshow came here for a season?

Reply #746441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the real reason Bevo left?

Reply #746448 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Wollongong is a city on the coast.

Reply #746451 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Could Matt Flinn handle coaching a side with Ball in it?

Reply #746456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL to be renamed the NBA A League?

Reply #746466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think the team that r going with two imports will have a nextstar player Kings and the Hawks are going with two imports"

Impeccable logic there Captain Ron

Reply #746476 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Can't see any team in this league taking him with all the bull**** that comes with his father. "

Yeah, can't imagine anything worse that having somebody well-known constantly talking and tweeting about your club and league.
Hawks might have to start charging for their tickets

Reply #746479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone needs to remember, it will only be for one year. Take all the exposure you can. Especially the Hawks

Reply #746483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Santamaria working on a big story about the Hawks, could this be it?

Reply #746485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, the bullshit of a dad constantly creating headlines undermining coaches and other players of a team. Damn, the LA Lakers had to tell him to shut the he'll up with his distractions, imagine the little old Hawks. Great thinking mastermind. Only logical thing would be to shut up and let the kids play do the talking so he gets a chance to be drafted, but this is Lavar! Eldest clearly the most talented but Lakers wish they had taken someone else just because of the circus. Tatum etc have turned out to be better players but Lonzo has had ok 1st couple of years at the point, not spectacular but worth building on especially if Kidd can raise his game. And LeAngelo, what a train wreck that has been because of pops.
If he goes to Hawks, 1st sign of trouble get him on the plane home.

Reply #746487 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Hope the Hawks get him. They will be able to sell livestreams on PPV, make $$ on merch, and hopefully set the club up financially for a few years at least.

I reckon they will cop 6 months worth of hassle for that.

Reply #746501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Lavar alone. He's a passionate father who raised his 3 boys to be dedicated athletes with one goal to strive for. He trained groups of boys every morning from 6am for free for years to help get them off the streets and focused on being the best versions of themselves.

When his wife had her stroke, he taught her to walk and talk again with no professional help.
He’s 10 times the man you haters will ever be.

So what if he’s cocky and has a big mouth, at least he’s living his best life. Go back to your shift at Woolworths haters

Reply #746508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ thanks Mrs Ball. Glad you're feeling better

Reply #746522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's sons think so much of him, they got rid of there bbb tattoos and lonzo doesn't really talk to him.

Reply #746525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be great for guys like Grida to have all these extra scouts watching the team

Reply #746527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like Liam Santamaria's story was about Isaac Humphries no LaMelo going to the hawks

Reply #746528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenyon Martin Jr bailing on college to go pro

Reply #746529 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"the LA Lakers had to tell him to shut the he'll up with his distractions"

So now you think the Hawks are in the same category as the Lakers?
Wow! Just when you think you've peeled off the lowest layer, there's another one underneath.

So basically you're saying that anybody not good enough for the NBA is likewise not good enough for the NBL. FMD

Let's get real, as long as he keeps his beer to himself, he'll be a welcome addition at the Hawks.

Reply #746534 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Zing!

Reply #746537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

iam guessing this topic was boo boo

Reply #746586 | Report this post

Guruofwinning  
Years ago

Is there any basis at all for this rumor, or is it just pure speculation?

Reply #746598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, it's Friday

Reply #746600 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Also, it's fun to make shit up and see how many blog sites run with it as fact...

Reply #746601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well colour me disappointed, I truly believed this was going to happen.

Reply #746666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, for the millionth time, you are a dickhead. Yes, Lakers and Hawks are in the same category, professional sports team. No, they are not the same level. No team wants a distraction, either on or off the court. Do you dress yourself in the morning or do you still get mum to help you?

Reply #746673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see him going to the hawks, but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think Hawks would love to have him and be willing to put up with any potential sideshows.

Imo they'll be lucky to be in the league in another year or two. Lamelo might actually help make them relevant again, bring in some money, get them attention and get more than a couple of thousand fans to games.

Reply #746674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I'm not kidding myself. Maybe the marketing manager and board would love it but coach and players would hate it if he comes in and is a dick. Suddenly everyone hates the good old Hawks, home crowds dwindle because they don't want to watch it. Coach gets told to play him, players pissed off. Obviously never been part of a team where there's been a talented yet toxic individual. If he's on good behavior great, but if dad comes out as history has shown then hawks are laughing stock. These kids have been used to getting own way, how did Lithuania experiment go? Starred in a damn reality show ffs.

Reply #746679 | Report this post

I'm right and you're wrong
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
and if you don't agree with me you're a {insert prepubescent insult}

Reply #746685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's another prepubescent insult. You're a fucking idiot!
If you can't engage in a debate shut up. Why do you think talented players don't get gigs. Heard of Carmelo Anthony, HOF career but no ones touching him. Josh Smith gets paid 10s of millions to stay away from team. Hopefully mum picks up rattle you dropped, put together an argument or logical statement. Can see your point about encouraging publicity, just will affect team dynamics.

Reply #746688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754