Zodiac
Years ago

36ers sign Eric Griffin to replace Jacob Wiley

It's official now.

Wright is confident Griffin will not only fill Wiley's spot, but offer more experience.

"Eric is along the same lines as Jake; a very athletic player. He plays above the rim and he has a lot more experience than Jake in playing international ball, as well as playing in the NBA Summer League and some pre-season games as well.

“He is very athletic, he’s a great ball handler, great passer and his basketball IQ is really high too. I think we’ll get a really good feel for him when he gets out here and be excited about his play," Wright said.

Adelaide 36ers owner Grant Kelley is thrilled about Griffin’s signing and commended Wright on his efforts at finding a more than suitable replacement for Wiley.

“It’s always sad when a player of Jacob’s calibre departs the team, but on behalf of the club I wish him all the very best with the fantastic opportunity that has presented itself.

“Fortunately for the 36ers, Joey is the master at recruiting and has secured the services of the exciting and talented Eric Griffin, who I’m confident is set to become a fan favourite,” Kelley said.

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/36ers-sign-eric-griffin-as-jacob-wiley-replacement

Topic #45397 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's the starting line-up

Reply #748217 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I don't know much about Eric Griffin.

But I imagine that it won't be hard to upgrade from Wiley on basketball IQ.

I will reserve my excitement (zero) until I have seen him play.

Reply #748219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting 5

Taylor
Moore or Drmic
Griffin
Johnson
Froling

Reply #748220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor
Drimic
Moore
Griffin
Johnson
Nice side on paper, certainly not to be taken likely. Froling off bench is strong as well.

Reply #748222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That side will get smashed

Reply #748240 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Gotta love the annual optimism amongst the Sixer fans.

Reply #748241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the looks of this guy he will play the 4. Someone above had him as a 3...

Reply #748243 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

I'm confused, are we supposed to love or hate this guy? I lost track of where we are in the monthly cycle?

Wiley was the best player ever, but then he was total crap, so I think we're happy he is gone?
That would make Griffin a good thing?
But he's a new import signing by Joey, so surely that means we hate his guts until the season starts?

Reply #748246 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Eric Griffin will do just fine here. He's as good a replacement for Wiley as one could reasonably hope for. Adelaide's main 7-8 players in Taylor, Moore, Drmic, Griffin, Johnson, Frolling, Dillon and the improving McVeigh will be with the better rotations in the league. And then you could even get something unexpected from Obi Key as well. Adelaide are in the playoff hunt.

Reply #748252 | Report this post

Blitz1984  
Years ago

Looks the good but Tokoto played in the same league as him in Israel with stats of 13.4p 7.6r 3.2a Griffins stats 13.0p 6.1r 1.0a so be interest how he will actually go as Tokoto didn't exactly light it up.

Reply #748259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks good time will tell

Reply #748407 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Tokoto didn't exactly light it up."

???

Finished 5th in the league MVP (despite Cotton corning the votes)
and was 2nd team all NBL.

Only things wrong with Tokoto was that he didn't get on with Trev, and couldn't shoot 3's for shit.

JP would be a great fit for a team that had more proficient outside shooters in the backcourt, whereas that season Cats were basically reliant on Cotton

Reply #748840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The cops was called in, and they rolled him, in custody, down to the station
and booked Eric Griffin for first degree attempted murder.
2 months later, the charge was dropped - mistaken identity.

Reply #748863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto meh.
White over Tokoto .
Dazz.

Reply #748869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:17 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754