Zodiac
Years ago

Kawhi Leonard to sign with LA Clippers

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-free-agency-kawhi-leonard-agrees-to-sign-with-los-angeles-clippers-over-lakers-raptors-report-says/

The Clippers are also getting Paul George in a trade with OKC for numerous draft picks.

Topic #45448 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh me oh my!

Poor Lakers... not!

Reply #749544 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I must admit I never thought the Clippers were in contention and thought he would re-sign with Toronto.

One good thing though is the Clippers are now the #1 team in LA!

Reply #749545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is Howard next to sign

Reply #749546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Paul George thing really came from left field.

Reply #749547 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Crazy, especially with the OKC trade also.

Reply #749548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a lakers fan I'm glad we didn’t get him. He’s a great player but I’d rather a tougher path to the finals

Reply #749555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow try scoring on those two. I can't think of a better defensive combo since Morey and the Warriors re-wrote the rules.

Reply #749556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus Pat Bev. Crazy defence

Reply #749557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's true. No big guys to speak of, they might be perfectly constructed to beat the old full-strength Warriors but struggle with AD and even Capela, Jokic, Nurkic. Not like they have anything left to trade away but are there any decent FA bigs still on the market?

Reply #749560 | Report this post

Clippersworld  
Years ago

Good job by my Clips

Reply #749561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Oh me oh my!"

Lawler should come back!

Reply #749564 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Boogie should join this on vet min but they already have Montrezl.

Reply #749577 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lawler should come back!

What a shame.

Reply #749578 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"One good thing though is the Clippers are now the #1 team in LA!"

16 Rings to 0. Yeah right

Reply #749630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's okay mate, the Clippers have been second for a while. Well obviously not for the last 5 years at least because the Lakers haven’t even made the playoffs for that long. Hopefully this year you’ll at least be able to do that much while the Clippers contend again. You’d hope so, embarrassing seeing what the Lakers have dished up over recent years.

Reply #749666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carlton have won the most AFL Premierships. Guess that means they're the #1 team in Melbourne still.

Reply #749668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah crazy defense defending under 6'9" guys
Lakers have size and length to worry the clippers
Whereas the lakers have added more 3 and D guys
As a squad I actually think lakers are stronger Especially if Leonard needs more me time. You think PG and the rest of clippers are going to get wins in a loaded West.
Highly doubt it

Reply #749712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clippers got 48 wins with no allstars.

Now they have two allstars.

Yeah they'll be much worse.

Lakers fans, is it actually physically possible for them to be humble?

Reply #749721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can lakers people be humble?

What point did I say Lakers are going to win it?

Also where did I say clippers will be much worse?

And also you don't need to put physically there either.

People who post on here - can you actually read and understand what’s been posted before responding.

Name one player on the clippers roster that can protect the rim or effectively guard any one over 6’9" with length and/or body size?

Granted the clippers have picked up two elite players but lost two very good players. Lakers lost young talent and picked up Davis, cousins, green, Dudley far more experience and a massive upgrade.

They have brought in more 3 and D guys which compliments lebron..

The lakers have jumped to out of contention to third favourites to win the title. Not just make the playoffs in a loaded West but to win it all.

It doesn’t make them instant title winners just like the clippers aren’t with their additions. Their chances are far greater than last season but so are the like of other teams such as the Jazz.

So being humble has nothing to do with it. Suggest you open your eyes, read and comprehend what’s been posted.

Reply #749730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the grammar lesson.

Bragging you have Jared Dudley is an interesting tactic. Let's see how it pays off.

Reply #749731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tactic for what? And bragging? You must struggle to read and comprehend

Stating the team picked up Dudley is not bragging it's a fact. He’s no allstar obviously but can bring perimeter shooting whilst adding grunt defensively.
So if you could read and comprehend you would see that I was stating three and D guys are generally the type of players that compliment Lebron.

As for your argument we added Kawhi and George and that’s it. They have no size against bigger teams. They’re not too deep other than Williams and Harrell of the bench, which may be an issue should one of those two have injuries (insert GSW).

The fact is adding those two players do not make any guarantees just like adding Paul to Harden or Davis to Lebron or Durant and Irving. It just places them in a better position to compete.

As basketball fans we should be excited about the season that’s coming up as it appears to be the most "open" one we have had in a while.

Maybe if you’re going to reply actually do so showing you can read and understand, even offer some interesting views, other than we have two all stars!

Reply #749736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jared Dudley has hit less than one 3 on 35% shooting his last two years. Not sure if a bloke who can't shoot 3s is a 3 and D player.

Can somehow defend though. Guarded "Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, and Joel Embiid on the playoffs and over the course of 110 possessions, allowed just a total of 18 points." I’m assuming he’s too fat to be able to be backed down.

Will be a good season. Nice to see a few teams capable of competing.

Reply #749741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha looks like the little man syndrome is alive and well with the Clippers additions.

THE CLIPPERS HAVE NEVER EVER EVEN MADE THE CONFERENCE FINALS!

Like old mate said above, who from the Flippers is guarding Anthony Davis?

Clippers bench is deep but 4/5 starters for LA are better then the Flippers.

Lakers bench is still not finalised yet so wait and see. Hats of to the Flippers though. Sold the farm for 2 exact players lol

Oh wait though. clips have Pat Beverly, he's gonna stop LeBron? Put Kawhi on LeBron, who’s stopping Kuzma? Put PG on Kuz, who’s stopping AD & Boogie.

I know this country loves the tall poppy and loathe teams like the Lakers but let’s be realists here the only thing the Clippers have that trumps the Lakers is Doc Rivers and Steve Ballmer.

One things for sure, the battle for LA will be entertaining for the whole world.

Reply #749755 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Let me preface this by saying that I am a Lakers fan so there will be an element of bias in what comes next!!

I think the Lakers have the better roster but the Clippers will be the best equipped in the West to stop them. LAC can throw either Leonard or George at LeBron on D allowing the other to rest up for the offensive end. Where the Clippers may struggle will be interior defense and scoring. Harrel is a ball of energy and will do his best to disrupt a lot but doesn't offer too much on offence. I reckon the Clippers will be the best defensive team in the NBA next year but I think the Lakers (biased view coming right up) will be the best equipped on both ends of the floor to advance out of the West. One thing for sure is that the LA rivalry will be at an all time high with both teams being a genuine contender! I also feel that the teams we see now will be vastly different come playoffs time with the mid-season trade period being an opportunity for all teams to add/subtract based on what transpires in the first half of the season.

Reply #749760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Tall poppies" and “little man syndrome” for calling out bandwagoners. Lel

Alex Caruso starting point guard. The league is terrified. Don't counter with Rondo. 29 teams wouldn’t.

Reply #749765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AKA nicely worded. Refreshing to see a Lakers fan who can say anything other than "16-0" to criticism.

I think AD plays closer to the perimeter with Lebron and Cousins. Harrell has a better chance of containing (no chance of stopping) him out there for mine. Clippers do need a centre capable of going with Cousins. Harrell will compete all day, and isn't as undersized as everyone says, but we’re talking about a healthy Boogie.

Can’t wait.

Reply #749769 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I said 16-0 to "One good thing though is the Clippers are now the #1 team in LA!"

I didn't see that as a criticism of the Lakers, more talking up the Clips, but either way it's not true. You can't change history buddy and the Clippers are a long way behind as a franchise

As to the future, well both teams are 0-0 for the new season at the moment. Let's see what develops

Reply #749776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't change history, but you sure can stop living in champ. Not that Lakers fans ever would. Easy let off when people bring up how shit they’ve been lately.

Reply #749784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Living in it

Reply #749786 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Been following them since 1980 and the good times outweigh the bad by so far it's not funny. I can live through some lean years. At least I can go on youtube and look back at all the conference finals and Championship series we've won....unlike Clippers fans haha

Reply #749796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better things to do with my life, but you do you

Reply #749798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duke fan supporting the Lakers. Loves an underdog.

Reply #749799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Stop living in the past"

“Not a chance!”

Reply #749802 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Not really. I prefer quality franchises/schools with a history of excellence.

Blame Magic Johnson and Coach K. They're the reasons I started following both many years ago

Reply #749803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jumping on a "history of excellence" is not = to jumping on a bandwagon.

Reply #749807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Better things to do with my life"

Writes this on his mums couch with a bag of burger rings while waiting for Fortnite to load lol

Reply #749820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck what a mega burn. Another Lakers fan who thinks Paul George is shit now he hasn't signed with them probably.

Reply #749823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dudley has played on the Nets and suns last couple years. I'm sure he will get better looks playing with the group he is now. Plus isn’t he around top 60 for all time three point percentage? To me that’s a serviceable 3 point shooter that could probably knock down open shots.

Once again another stupid comment by the same guy that posts we have two all stars like it’s game over. No ones mentioned Caruso as an awesome point guard but if you watched basketball and had a clue you’d realise the point guard that plays with Lebron doesn’t have to be a carrier or initiating offense. His game grew a lot last year when given minutes and more importantly shot the three ball at 48%!

Harrell can’t contain Davis at all. Look at Davis averages against warriors who have used Green (another strong body smaller defender) and Harrell isn’t remotely close to the defender Green is. Then who’s taking Cousins on the low block? Zubac? Couldn’t even get on the court in playoffs.

Lakers have been a terrible organisation but this is a step in the right direction. As bad as they were last year Clippers only beat them 2 times out of 4, even with Lakers injuries.

All those shit years has got us draft picks and gave those young guys experience to then be valuable assets to get Davis. You can’t win it every year and as clippers fans you should be able to agree with that quite easily.

No one has posted George isn’t a great player. Regardless where he plays he’s an Allstar and Kawhi is arguably best player in the league atm. I’m a Lakers fan and would take those players in a heartbeat, but reality is that they’re not playing for the Lakers. But if they did I wouldn’t be going on instant title like some Clipper fans are. Even more so when the franchise has done zero. Is that being humble? Never won anything but going to win it all now.

Reply #749845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just no talking to Lakers fans. Just start parroting 17-0 now hey

Reply #749852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Once again another stupid comment by the same guy that posts we have two all stars like it's game over."

I know Lakers fans hate remembering that have happened in the last five years, so let me refresh your memory:

Dumb Lakers Fan=

“You think PG and the rest of clippers are going to get wins in a loaded West. Highly doubt it”

“Clippers got 48 wins with no allstars. Now they have two allstars. Yeah they'll be much worse.”

Now in the real world, this just means the Clippers will be fine, but in the defensive mind of a Faker fan, it must obviously be a 'we’re going to win it all’ comment.

Reply #749853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where has anyone said 17-0

I have posted that the Lakers have improved dramatically in the off-season and have a legit chance to compete. That's why they’re third favourites to win it all and have the largest jump in the favourites list. So it’s not just Lakers fans that think that.

Just like I think clippers have a legit chance also like everyone else. I don’t think either team is a lock to win it. I said I think the Lakers have some size and length that can worry the clippers. Also said they’ve improved their perimeter shooting.

I also posted that I think the jazz have improved and you’d think their chances are higher.

If we are talking allstars winning it then surely Philly are the team to beat. On paper arguably the best starting five in the league.

Spurs pick up Morris and Carroll who add depth and with another year into white and a healthy Murray they may surprise.

Healthy Rockets will always be in the mix. Bucks although losing brogdon and mirotic still have the players to compete. Indiana has improved, Celtics May surprise. Warriors have Steph, green and Russell (until Thompson comes back at least).

I don’t think the clippers would win many games with PG on his own. The west is too good. I also don’t think the Lakers would be up there without Lebron or Davis. Just the way NBA is now.

No one said clippers would be worse - don’t think anyone thinks that. Don’t flatter yourself when I said some clippers fans wasn’t referring to you. Given the recent offseason, like all NBA fans, I’ve lived online to see the movements and read a lot of clippers hype lately. That’s where my comments comes from.

So not sure why all this clippers fans are giving lakers fans shit. At least I’m adding reasoning and legit arguments why I think things.

Reply #749870 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lakers have a ridiculously high ceiling, but there's many variables in the mix

Will Cousins ever return to All Star cousins?

Can Rondo stay healthy? He's missed at least 10 games for each of the past 9 seasons

Clippers have a more dependable feeling about them. From Rivers through to Kawhi, and plenty of role players left from last year's successful campaign.

Ultimately both teams should make 2nd round, minimum.

Reply #749890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers signed Avery Bradley to two year contract

Another guy known for D and decent level three point percentage.

As poster said above, the Lakers ceiling is higher than clippers but so many variables.

The one thing we can all agree on is that we want the season to start already!

Reply #749896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't do either of those things when he was with the Clippers recently, but okay.

Reply #749899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Though he did score 16 a game with the Griz. Damn. Lakers picking up all the comeback kids

Reply #749901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recently he was in Memphis

16ppg
51% 2 point FG
38% 3 point FG
92% FT

If he can get his defensive ways on track, for $4m per it's a good signing for lakers.

Also he will not be starter with the lakers so will guard second and third guards which he’s capable.

Also, he’s made it clear he wasn’t happy at Clippers.

To me, for the money, it’s a low risk high reward signing like Cousins.

Reply #749968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754