Anonymous
Years ago

Majok Majok is coming home to the Perth Wildcats

The Perth Wildcats have added West Aussie big man Majok Majok to its roster for the next two seasons.

Despite being 26 years of age, Majok already has four seasons of NBL experience after beginning his professional career in Europe five years ago.

Topic #45458 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/perth-wildcats-sign-west-aussie-big-man-majok-majok

Reply #749837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to see if the wildcat influence brings noticeable improvement to his ganme, like Brandt and Kaye saw after joining the cats. Good pickup.

Reply #749838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he grow from 6 9 to 6 11

Reply #749839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow i didn't realise he was only 26, thought he was like 30. Still a bit of potential there.

Solid signing for a backup C.

Reply #749840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is where the loss of Neilson could come to haunt wildcats. Good signing.

Reply #749844 | Report this post

Banditos Fan  
Years ago

I feel like Majok is a lot older than 26. Early 30s maybe.

Reply #749847 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Huge pickup, and exactly what the Wildcats need. A presence in the paint, a finisher, someone that can put heat on the rim.

Reply #749860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BIG call.
"Majok is averaging 11.9 points and 9.6 rebounds per game for Frankston Blues this season, performances which have helped him earn an NBL roster slot."
Really?

Reply #749862 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Majok has been pretty poor in the NBL1 for anyone who actually watches it so don't think its that form thats got him the new gig.

Reply #749866 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So Big Nate must be disappointed as there goes his bargaining chip with Cairns now they will offer him what they think he is truly worth

Reply #749883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Majok has been pretty poor in the NBL1 for anyone who actually watches it so don't think its that form thats got him the new gig."

100%sure it didn't and Perth have 2 seasons for him to regain his old form.

Reply #749889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seems like a guy who benefits from clearly defined role and being told here you are good at these two things, go do those two and thats it. Which is all the wildcats will ask. Saw that in the China tour

Reply #749891 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Solid signing.

Reply #749907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Desperate signing. Look at those NBL1 stats....

Reply #749928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't read too much into NBL1 stats.
He is the Jervis replacement.

Reply #749929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's an upgrade on Jervis, smart move. Played well in nbl tour China under Gleeson.

Reply #749934 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Majok went to school with my son. I remember his graduation.
That would have been 2008.
(The weird 1 July cutoff hadn't ben introduced into WA at that time.)
My son was born in 91 and turns 28 next month.

According to his bio, Majok will be 27 at the end of this year, and would have been just under 16 when he graduated. I suppose its possible that he was graduated early to allow him to attend HS in the USA, which he did for two years.

Not a big deal at this point. His longevity will be determined by ability, not by his dob.

I guess he impressed Gleeson on the Chinese tour, and at the end of the day he's being signed as a Bench player to backup a (hopefully) stud import.
I would have liked to see what Nielsen could do with him, so hopefully whoever steps into that talls development role is also good.

Reply #750264 | Report this post

HTO  
Years ago

I also don't think Majok is 26.

I played with him in U23s at East Perth before he went off to College, that was 11 hears ago for me.

If he was at his youngest possible age then (18 years old), then he's probably closer to 29 or 30 now right?

I don't think it's too big a deal, Wildcats know what they are getting. Just thought it was interesting he was billed younger.

Reply #750266 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754