Aussie
Years ago

Jock Landale misses out on NBA contract

On Olguns Twitter.

It's disappointing because I thought he was really solid.

People will say it's his athleticism that is holding him back.

He still has time to make the NBA, considering he only turns 24 this October.

If he keeps working on his athleticism and knocking down that 3 ball and adding extra muscle to his frame, I think he will take that next step in a year or two

Topic #45507 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Now for him to have a huge Euroleague season!

Reply #750889 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #750898 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure I am buying the lack of athleticism line, the NBA is as much about the right place at the right time as it is about a player's reputation and opportunity to showcase in front of that coach who sees you fitting his roster.

He will be fine, next time they will know better, if the spot opens up I am sure he will fill it!

Reply #750960 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is good enough. Will be only 1 more year in Europe I reckon. A bit like Broekhoff...holding out for a FT gig and not a two-way.

Reply #750962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the NBA is as much about the right place at the right time as it is about a player's reputation and opportunity to showcase in front of that coach who sees you fitting his roster."

Yep, this and luck are huge factors in who plays NBA and who doesn't. IMO the bottom 35% of NBA players arent really much better than the next best thousand or so top guys who are playing in the G-League, Europe, Asia and Australia. It just comes down to who is in the right place at the right time and luck.

Reply #750964 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I think if he comes in and hits a decent amount of his 3 point attempts this year he will get a contract next year. Summer League showed that he has improved but i think a consistent euro season from behind the arc may land him the contract.

Reply #750967 | Report this post

Adelaideworld  
Years ago

Can see him following the path of Ingles, Baynes and Broekhoff serving Euro time first.

Reply #750978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is his athletic ability in relation to other centres who have made it.
Bogut
Baynes
Anstey
He is above the Andersons and Marics?

Reply #750980 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Somebody said in the Kay thread that he's now out of contract in Europe.

Surely that would mean he's going to get a serious crack at the NBA?

Reply #810965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale was only ok last season in Europe, started off the bench back half of season. He is 24/25, they need time before they just walk into the nba.

Reply #810973 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Oh, ok.
IIRC correctly there was talk around last year that he would probably have received some kind of NBA offer, except that he was already signed in Europe and missed the cut-off for his NBA-out clause.

Reply #810993 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

IIRC correctly
Uh...

Reply #811013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FYI information, that was a typo.

Reply #811016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754